IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

2 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Only just found the time to watch the last show. There is another mole game, called Mole Hunter, but it is not very good.

And actually your are hunting mice. :) 

Those are definitely very unmole-like moles! Hahah.   Nice find and it would have been another good one to mention on the show. The gameplay is quite different than the traditional whack-a-mole. I can see what they were going for but in the end it's fairly tedious running around after mice that are scrambling around the screen.

- James

2 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

The sash was brilliant. Clearly, Tanya had way too much fun putting that together. :D 

James needs to wear that at PRGE. I'd donate money to Stella to make that happen. (Make it a Stellathon 2 auction item!)

Oh man, I don't know if I can geek out that much to wear it at PRGE, although it would be funny!   Doing another Stellathon would be a fun thing to do, maybe next year?

14 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Yes he does. I will join you in donating money to this cause.

First I would have to convince Tanya that I'd have to part with the sash to someone else after all her hard work!

- James

33 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

The auction wouldn't be for the sash... the auction would be to make you wear the sash at PRGE. :D 

Oh... oh no... that makes a LOT more sense...

Exactly how long would I have to wear this sash for?? And would photographic evidence be needed?? ?

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Exactly how long would I have to wear this sash for??

18 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Until the batteries die. :evil:

And I'm sure we could arrange to have Tanya follow him around with spares. :D 

25 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

And would photographic evidence be needed?? ?

Nah. Video would be fine. You'd be conducting all your interviews in it, so that makes it easy. ;) 

I did not realize that the sash made it's debut earlier in the week.  Excellent work, Tanya!

I will also make a contribution along with @Nathan Strum and @sramirez2008 to ensure that @ZeroPage Homebrew wears that sash at the next PRGE...

and honestly, with a sash that handsome, anyone would be proud to wear it out to get coffee, or the supermarket, or while walking in the park...

• Like 1

Just watched the Darrell Spice special. Great show and some quite interesting questions and answers. Thanks to everyone participating, I just wish I could have been there live.

The new high score saving idea for Frenzy is a good one. We had the same problem with Aardvark and its possible option combinations. So we decided to have eight predefined game variations and the option for one user defined variation for which the high scores can be saved on the SaveKey.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

I'm changing subject a bit, but I enjoyed the interview with spiceware ast night. I couldn't watch it all so I'll have to catch the rest on YouTube. But we all noticed an echo of Daryl's voice.  For future interviews, it might be good for the interviewee to wear headphones or earbuds which would probably stop that Echo.

3 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

Needs to be completed with a feathered hat, and a scabbard for the swashbuckling sword. Eye patch is optional.

I can't remember.  Did @TikiDan have a pirate game that he was planning after gold rush was done?

The hat, scabbard and eye patch might be more appropriate for the patch challenge for that...

1 hour ago, Omegamatrix said:

Yeah, but we gotta give something before we spring the surprise cape engraved with the ZPH logo.

My outfit seems to be getting more elaborate all the time!! I am becoming... PATCH MAN! Complete with a ZPH cape... ;-) 

7 minutes ago, D Train said:

I can't remember.  Did @TikiDan have a pirate game that he was planning after gold rush was done?

The hat, scabbard and eye patch might be more appropriate for the patch challenge for that...

An eye patch patch? Hahah. 

The game that Dan has in the works after Gold Rush is called Bon Voyage and I think he talks a little bit about it in my interview with him here.

- James

5 hours ago, Cafeman said:

I'm changing subject a bit, but I enjoyed the interview with spiceware ast night. I couldn't watch it all so I'll have to catch the rest on YouTube. But we all noticed an echo of Daryl's voice.  For future interviews, it might be good for the interviewee to wear headphones or earbuds which would probably stop that Echo.

Thanks so much, it was a lot of fun talking with Darrell about all his various projects, past and present!

I was able to minimized the echo as time went on through the interview as it was coming from my side. The issue is that Tanya and I needed to hear Darrell as well so it was coming through the speakers on our side into our microphone in addition to the direct feed you were hearing of him. The only solution to that is if we both wear headphones with a splitter device which I'm not sure is worth taking it on and off as we reach to reset the 2600 and grab things, it would be more disruptive.  I'll keep looking for solutions!

- James

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

My outfit seems to be getting more elaborate all the time!! I am becoming... PATCH MAN! Complete with a ZPH cape... ;-) 

I think that a sash and a cape would be a good look for you.  I don't recommend the eye patch and if you are flying, the hat will come off.  So I think just the sash and the patch will be good.

Hmmmn.  maybe dan needs to make a pirate game?

I wonder if he's working on bon voyage yet.  it *sounds* like gold rush is pretty much finished.  the kickstarter should be launching relatively soon and I think that's really just for production, not for development.

40 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thanks so much, it was a lot of fun talking with Darrell about all his various projects, past and present!

I was able to minimized the echo as time went on through the interview as it was coming from my side. The issue is that Tanya and I needed to hear Darrell as well so it was coming through the speakers on our side into our microphone in addition to the direct feed you were hearing of him. The only solution to that is if we both wear headphones with a splitter device which I'm not sure is worth taking it on and off as we reach to reset the 2600 and grab things, it would be more disruptive.  I'll keep looking for solutions!

- James

I think the interview went pretty well. I didn't really notice much in the way of echo after the beginning part.  There was more of an issue with the video for Darrell freezing up semi-regularly. Also, it took a bit to notice issues since between Tanya playing the games and you reading the questions, the chat didn't get monitored regularly. You may have to enlist one of the cats for that.

Those are just minor notes, though - for the most part things went pretty smoothly.

1 hour ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

The only solution to that is if we both wear headphones with a splitter device which I'm not sure is worth taking it on and off as we reach to reset the 2600 and grab things, it would be more disruptive. 

Wireless bluetooth earpieces. You can pick them up for around $20 each. Unobtrusive, and leaves one ear open for in-room sound.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Wireless bluetooth earpieces. You can pick them up for around $20 each. Unobtrusive, and leaves one ear open for in-room sound.

7 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

...and you only need one pair for two people. :) 

That's the perfect solution, thanks!! I'll be checking those out right away. ?  Goodbye echo (echo)!

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, scrummy said:

I love the one headphone method.  When I used to work in an open office, this was my method to listen to my podcasts all day, while still being able to hear everything else. 

Looking forward to finding trying it out, I've just ordered a bluetooth transmitter and L+R bluetooth earpieces!

- James

• Like 2