IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

37 minutes ago, D Train said:

that picture totally looks like an album cover.

when does your single drop?

Hahah, it drops tomorrow, literally.

I'm actually serious. I'm singing the chorus on a song that debuts tomorrow.

I'll leave it as a fun exercise to see if anyone can find out more. ;-)

- James

• Haha 1

REMINDER THAT THE EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE OF CIRCUS CONVOY
IS HAPPENING TOMORROW ON ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW!

Watch the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of the new Atari 2600 game Circus Convoy with LIVE interviews with the founders of Audacity Games, David Crane (Pitfall), Garry Kitchen (Keystone Kapers) & Dan Kitchen (Crackpots)!

Join us LIVE on Twitch tomorrow and ask your questions to these LEGENDARY gaming developers about their return to the classic console we all love and their brand new game Circus Convoy for the Atari 2600!

Friday March 12th @ 4PM PT | 7PM ET | 12AM GMT
https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

916018954_20210311-CircusConvoyWorldPremiereInterview.thumb.jpg.0b54028262a5f8342cd3dac7c8c98cf7.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bfstats said:

Audacity Games "server error" appears when submitting creds to create account. Anyone else have that issue?

Probably a lot of people trying at once. You have until tomorrow at 2PM to make sure you have an account ready so keep trying!

They did say to use a computer browser and not one on a phone so maybe try to use a different computer/platform/browser.

- James

16 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Probably a lot of people trying at once. You have until tomorrow at 2PM to make sure you have an account ready so keep trying!

They did say to use a computer browser and not one on a phone so maybe try to use a different computer/platform/browser.

- James

In case anyone else has this issue, I found the answer. Upon creation of the account, if you SUBMIT with a password containing special characters, the server will not accept the submission. When I re-submitted with a simple all-lower-case, letters-only password, the account was created. Then I went back to the Login screen and clicked Forgot Password and an automated email was sent with a temporary password. Clicking on THAT link took me back to the Audacity site with the temp pre-keyed, and it forced me to create a new password. At that point I was able to key as complex a password as I wanted, and it was accepted.

Hope this helps, and HAPPY BUYING!

28 minutes ago, bfstats said:

In case anyone else has this issue, I found the answer. Upon creation of the account, if you SUBMIT with a password containing special characters, the server will not accept the submission. When I re-submitted with a simple all-lower-case, letters-only password, the account was created. Then I went back to the Login screen and clicked Forgot Password and an automated email was sent with a temporary password. Clicking on THAT link took me back to the Audacity site with the temp pre-keyed, and it forced me to create a new password. At that point I was able to key as complex a password as I wanted, and it was accepted.

Hope this helps, and HAPPY BUYING!

I had completely forgot about it until you mentioned it but when I created my account (a while back now) it didn't like the apostrophe in my last name. Best to stick to alphanumeric, at least on initial sign up.

- James

4 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Good show. The DragonFly looks like a really cool 7800 enhancement.

Is it just me or were the poll results hardly readable?

Thanks Thomas! The DragonFly really makes the 7800 come alive with so much sound possibilities and huge compatibility with homebrew!

I was also having a lot of trouble reading the poll when it was finished. Grey on black is a very poor choice of default colours, I'll see if there's any way to change them in the settings.

- James

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew can you check your "Circus Convoy" binary on the PlusCart? The UnoCart (firmware v17) has no SB bankswitching but the PlusCart supports it since v0.14.10. (Please update your draft version v2.0.9 before testing)

I would definitely try this out if there was a way to locally run the binary on the PlusCart without transmitting it over the Internet.

I don't want to break any agreements I'm bound to so I'll unfortunately have to leave this to someone else when they get their official purchased binary in a few days.

There is a SuperBanking test program that batari uploaded that displays colours on the screen which might be a good test in the mean time!

- James

16 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I would definitely try this out if there was a way to locally run the binary on the PlusCart without transmitting it over the Internet.

I don't want to break any agreements I'm bound to so I'll unfortunately have to leave this to someone else when they get their official purchased binary in a few days.

There is a SuperBanking test program that batari uploaded that displays colours on the screen which might be a good test in the mean time!

- James

I used this test ROM and the Prince Of Indiana ROM (Which is also SB Banking) for my tests on the PlusCart:

Edited by Al_Nafuur

10 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Aha! A use-case for PlusCart SD. (PlusCart with a SD).

I can put binaries on my PlusCart SD and run 'em from that, without any internet connectivity.

You know you want one!

I do want one! I've been following that thread with interest and it sounds like the best of all worlds!

2 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I used this test ROM and the Prince Of India ROM (Which is also SB Banking) for my tests on the PlusCart:

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that game used SB!

- James

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Aha! A use-case for PlusCart SD. (PlusCart with a SD).

I can put binaries on my PlusCart SD and run 'em from that, without any internet connectivity.

You know you want one!

Could we flash Jame's UnoCart with the PlusCart SD codebase, @Al_Nafuur and check it that way?

I assume you mean the UnoCart build of the common code base?

@splendidnut asked this question before in the "Common code base" thread:

There is no firmware build for the UnoCart v17 firmware flash function and without an ST-Link there is no (easy) way back to the v17 UnoCart firmware.

I think that if you flash the game as an "offline rom" using the SMT32CubeProgrammer, you bypass the PlusStore completely.

This requires creating a TAR archive of the rom, installing the STM32CubeProgrammer software and also opening the Cart to access the micro usb port, though. So it's not very user-friendly as using the PlusStore, but avoids sending the rom over the internet.

• Like 1

STREAMING LIVE ON YOUTUBE

FULL PLAYTHROUGH OF CIRCUS CONVOY

WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILERS

NOTE: SHOW STARTS @ 12:28

EDIT: I've taken the video offline. I only play games because I enjoy them and want to spread that joy to others and not for any kind of negativity. This is causing too much stress for me and I no longer wish to deal with it.

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew