IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

WOW, we have a huge show tomorrow with some ground breaking technology!!

We have the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of the FIRST FULL LENGTH FILMS able to be played on an Atari 2600! The new MovieCart system for your VCS has all your favourites from late 1970's like Star Wars, The Jerk and Kramer vs Kramer! We also have the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of Doom 2600! Yes, the first person shooter Doom on your 2600! We'll also catch up with the latest builds of Paint The City and Robot Zed and check out the new, and very timely, game Immunity! Will we get infected or be able to survive?

Watch ZeroPage Homebrew tomorrow (Tue Mar 30, 2021) LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

1125889107_20210330-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.be87587b72a6ba6ae0ffd7164240ae79.jpg

Video

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

• MovieCart (2021 Exclusive World Premiere) by lodefmode   (FULL LENGTH MOVIES ON YOUR 2600!!)

That's going to be interesting. I guess when it's time for a technology, it's time.

I think it was MarcoJ who showed the recent "movie" animations. I, too, have been thinkning about this for some time. I wonder how lodefmode has implemented this. Personally I'd use full-screen interleaved Chronocolour(TM), running of a UnoCart or PlusCartSD, and streaming the "video" data from a SD card into buffers on a CDFJ-type bankswitch scheme. Or even over the internet.  I can't imagine any other feasible current technologies for doing full-screen full-movies.  I'm hoping for something impressive and new.

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Like 2

If missed us watching STAR WARS with MovieCart on a STOCK ATARI 2600 on ZeroPage Homebrew tonight, check it out on Twitch tonight or YouTube tomorrow!!!

THE TECH WAS INCREDIBLE! Thank you so much to lodefmode for letting us do the WORLD DEBUT of this! Check out more information about his project here:

https://github.com/lodefmode/moviecart

- James

image.thumb.png.ef1570f5fb891822c2fef8c117f0dae3.png

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

It will be interesting to see if a full-screen PF version would look better. 

Also I suppose the ARM should be able to provide enough CPU power for at least some decompression. Not sure if that's used here. I have to look a bit deeper into the code.

3 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I think the issues in making good video are not so much the resolution, but the colours. A decent first effort; the challenge is on!

Usually the human eye is less sensitive to colors than to brightness (see Chroma Subsampling). So maybe the quality can be improved by concentrating even more on correct brightness? I suppose the vertical color banding could be decreased too.

Currently the background is all black and the hi-res pixel are displayed with lo-res colors. I wonder if the TIA can do any better, e.g. by mixing sprites and playfield?

Pretty impressive. :thumbsup: 

BTW: There were some vertical black stripes in the videos. Maybe they result from James console's timing glitches?

7 hours ago, rbairos said:

Hey everyone. Thanks for the great feedback.

It was an amazingly fun time and an honour to debut your technology on ZPH last night @rbairos! It's an absolute unbelievable achievement to achieve full motion video with sound on a console that's over 4 decades old originally designed to only display two player characters, two missiles, a ball, a background and a playfield on the screen.

- James

• Like 1

NEW Atari 7800 shirt IN ZPH Store!

I originally made this for myself because I couldn't find a decent Atari 7800 shirt to buy online. I don't know if you've ever gone looking for one and come up pretty much empty handed. Well, no more! I've just put in an order for one for myself and I've also made them available for everyone else if they're interested!

- James

https://scontent.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p180x540/167154973_1568351496889044_2024779003241832120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=XW3FrXYfbZUAX-XfIGs&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&tp=6&oh=25879bf13239c1e5158f85bb50df7f21&oe=608A8C15
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:
NEW Atari 7800 shirt IN ZPH Store!

I originally made this for myself because I couldn't find a decent Atari 7800 shirt to buy online. I don't know if you've ever gone looking for one and come up pretty much empty handed. Well, no more! I've just put in an order for one for myself and I've also made them available for everyone else if they're interested!

- James

https://scontent.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p180x540/167154973_1568351496889044_2024779003241832120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=XW3FrXYfbZUAX-XfIGs&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&tp=6&oh=25879bf13239c1e5158f85bb50df7f21&oe=608A8C15

Order Number 7870050 placed March 31, 2021 ?

• Like 2

Developer Spotlight

on Bob DeCrescenzo @PacManPlus

@ZeroPage Homebrew will be talking LIVE this Friday (Apr 9th) with probably the most prolific Atari 7800 homebrew developer, Bob DeCrescenzo @PacManPlus!

We will be working our way through his vast array of games and asking him questions about his past, present and future development projects plus much more! We can't wait to talk to Bob and hope you'll be able to tune in LIVE this Friday to ask him your questions!

DATE/TIME: Friday April 9, 2021 @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT

WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew

POST YOUR QUESTIONS IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD HERE.

- James

486039314_20210406-DeveloperSpotlightPacManPlus.thumb.jpg.4b0125acb2ec9ffaeb9980ec63a7d2b3.jpg

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 4

Thank you everyone for tuning in for our Developer Spotlight and a big thank you to Bob (@PacManPlus) for fielding all the incredible questions from the viewers! It was a fun time blasting through all his incredible games and I'm looking forward to revisiting them all in full on upcoming shows as I make my way through the back catalogue of amazing 7800 homebrew! Here's the YouTube archived version of the stream if you missed it.

- James

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2