IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

8 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Tomorrow's ZeroPage Homebrew show postponed due to record breaking heatwave! Local temperatures getting up to 40C / 104F and nearby temperatures getting near 50C / 122F! Have no fear, we will return when temperatures come back down!

Sorry to hear! Do you guys have A/C? What are you doing to stay cool?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Karl G said:

Sorry to hear! Do you guys have A/C? What are you doing to stay cool?

We have a portable A/C that will cool one room down so we're keeping that in the bedroom. It's incredibly noisy so it wouldn't work well with broadcasting a show.

Hopefully the heat will leave soon but it won't be at least until next week when it's cool enough to broadcast again, it's hard to do the show when it's 25C and above I find. I can barely go into the room with my computer to type this!

- James

On 6/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

You better prepare for things like these repeating in the future.

Very true. I've heard that it's not going to get better year over year, only worse.

Sadly our region was not prepared for the hottest heat wave Canada has ever seen and hundreds of people passed away in the past few days. ?

We should be back broadcasting again on Tuesday next week (or before) now that things are starting to settle down here.

- James

• Sad 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We have a portable A/C that will cool one room down so we're keeping that in the bedroom. It's incredibly noisy so it wouldn't work well with broadcasting a show.

Hopefully the heat will leave soon but it won't be at least until next week when it's cool enough to broadcast again, it's hard to do the show when it's 25C and above I find. I can barely go into the room with my computer to type this!

- James

Opening the windows at night didn't help as the air outside wasn't cooling down. Never seen that happen before.

17 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Very true. I've heard that it's not going to get better year over year, only worse.

Sadly our region was not prepared for the hottest heat wave Canada has ever seen and hundreds of people passed away in the past few days. ?

We should be back broadcasting again on Tuesday next week (or before) now that things are starting to settle down here.

- James

Lots of forest fires started after the heat wave. Smoke from them will be coming in soon I imagine. Today is a little hazy but I don't smell any smoke yet.

1 hour ago, Omegamatrix said:

Lots of forest fires started after the heat wave. Smoke from them will be coming in soon I imagine. Today is a little hazy but I don't smell any smoke yet.

I expect it to get bad as well as the smoke makes its way here but all the graphs and charts look really good so far for the Vancouver + Island area.

- James

https://www.iqair.com/ca/air-quality-map?lat=49.18639&lng=-123.15222&zoomLevel=10&placeId=xvd6Yxj282PiZtGXN

image.thumb.png.76c92d4b7c16cc36537c1b762b733f87.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 2:59 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

WOOHOO! Dolphin Patch #1 just achieved with a final score of 85380 out of a needed 80000 on ZPH After Dark!

I missed watching dolphin!  was that the same ZPH:AD as the one playing dare devil?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D Train said:

I missed watching dolphin!  was that the same ZPH:AD as the one playing dare devil?

It was! We had some extra time after Dare Devil and went after the Dolphin patch. ?

We'll be playing Dolphin again soon on an upcoming After Dark and going after the higher score (300k) patch.

- James

WOW! 1K SUBS ON YOUTUBE!

Last night during the ZPH After Dark stream while playing @Karl G & @mvo's Space Game, our YouTube sub count rolled over from 999 to 1000!

Thank you everyone for enjoying ZeroPage Homebrew enough to subscribe to our YouTube channel and support the show! I never though that there would be this big of an audience to watch us playing new games on a console that is over 40 years old.

I'm so happy to see this many people share the enthusiasm that I have for all these incredible new homebrew games for the systems that we grew up with.

I can't wait to see what the future brings! Thank you everyone and see you on the next stream!

- James

1587442848_20210714-1000YouTubeFollowers.thumb.png.deb3f9a0b25ab1dbbff0f75e3205b828.png
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 6:34 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

What song got blocked in last night's show?

Not sure, just a random song in the pre-show music. Probably a video game that has a movie/TV show tie-in. Twitch has been ramping up its content ID matching technology but right now all it does is mute the audio and not cause a copyright strike against me. If they start punishing for content matching I'll have to switch up the music to something that is under my control rather than a random play list.

- James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
EXCLUSIVE NEW FULL BETA OF ROBOT ZED!
FROM DEVELOPER OF PRINCESS RESCUE AND ZIPPY THE PORCUPINE

Join us LIVE tomorrow (Tue Aug 17) on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch livestream at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

We have an EXCLUSIVE playthrough tomorrow of the NEW FULL beta of ROBOT ZED for the Atari 2600 from Chris Spry @Sprybug, the developer of the infamous and incredible Princess Rescue and Zippy The Porcupine! Robot Zed is an amazing homage to Mega Man with multiple weapon powerups and includes EIGHT full worlds (Ice, Mine, Lava, Junk, Robo, Sea, Sand, & Sky) of platforming goodness! You don't want to miss this!

Games:
After Dark:
  • Enduro (1983 Activision Patch Attempt #1) by Larry Miller

961730671_20210817-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.64803fb20eda13d68cad42639d42053e.jpg  1752864000_20210817-LetsPlay-AfterDark.thumb.jpg.d79f015b30148b84986b06ccbb120baf.jpg

• Like 2

Wow!  A showcase, I'm honored!  I'll be sure to be there!

Looks like you beat the intro stage so you can get a screen cap of all those different stages.  Congrats.  So far my beta testers have had a difficult time just beating the first level.

I've played it so much throughout development that I actually beat the game without losing all my HP and had plenty of HP and PP to spare when I finished it and did it in about 30 minutes.  When that happened I feared I may have made it too easy.  But then I just remind myself that it's new to everyone else!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sprybug said:

Wow!  A showcase, I'm honored!  I'll be sure to be there!

I'm honoured to debut your updated game on the stream! It'll be great to have you in the chat to answer questions people might have! ?

6 minutes ago, Sprybug said:

Looks like you beat the intro stage so you can get a screen cap of all those different stages.  Congrats.  So far my beta testers have had a difficult time just beating the first level.

I've played it so much throughout development that I actually beat the game without losing all my HP and had plenty of HP and PP to spare when I finished it and did it in about 30 minutes.  When that happened I feared I may have made it too easy.  But then I just remind myself that it's new to everyone else!

The intro stage is definitely very challenging but possible to do! Really looking forward to playing more of the game on the stream. I haven't played the other levels yet (other than to get the screenshots) so they'll be a surprise for me on the show. Can't wait!

- James

I'll be there and if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer.  I'll also throw you some tips here and there if you seem to be having any problems progressing.  Here's one hint I'll give you right now.  It'll actually help in the boss fights.  You can tell when the boss is going to jump or shoot by just watching its face when they stop.  If the eyes are closed then the boss is going to jump, if they are open then the boss will shoot.  This will give you about a second to determine if you need to dodge the missile or run under the bot when they jump.

BTW, should I be adding you to the beta tester message group?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

The intro stage is definitely very challenging but possible to do! Really looking forward to playing more of the game on the stream. I haven't played the other levels yet (other than to get the screenshots) so they'll be a surprise for me on the show. Can't wait!

- James

Agreed. It just takes some practice and patience. If I can get past the intro stage and boss, then I figure anyone can. :D

• Like 1