IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

15 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

On another note, how about editing together a "best of" show for the end of the year, where you collate all the interesting/fun bits into a mega-show?

That's a really fun idea and pretty easy to edit together once I have the timestamps of all the clips. I would just have to remember all the moments that would constitute 'best of' and my memory is not my strong point, hahah!

Anybody willing to sift through about 208+ hours of video? (52 weeks x 2 hours x 2 shows)

- James

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

That's a really fun idea and pretty easy to edit together once I have the timestamps of all the clips. I would just have to remember all the moments that would constitute 'best of' and my memory is not my strong point, hahah!

Anybody willing to sift through about 208+ hours of video? (52 weeks x 2 hours x 2 shows)

- James

You must include the Champ Games "Galaga" Reveal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, littaum said:

I want to see a "Squish That Cat" style supercut of you saying 208 different times at the beginning of the show.

Hahah, the 'Squish That Cat' vet is in Vancouver where we live. ? Good idea!

10 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

You must include the Champ Games "Galaga" Reveal.

That one would DEFINITELY have to go in it!

6 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew See? Just let the audience do the work. ;) 

Crowdsourcing the edit? Perfect!

- James

2 hours ago, vitoco said:

How about a sequence of James in every t-shirt he used... I guess it should be less than 104 "Welcome!"s if some of them were used in many shows (and some of them would be muted).

All the different shirts would work well with a compiled "Welcome" supercut.

21 minutes ago, Karl G said:

The complaining about the controller collection, perhaps?

That I have too many or how much I hate CX-40s? Hahah

45 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

... a compilation of rage-quits

That I can see!

- James

Soooo close, 18 cars away, to earning the Activision patch for Enduro last night! (according to some).

We were debating during last night's ZPH After Dark about the seemingly conflicting information in the manual about when the patch is achieved in Enduro. The manual says that "Do you have the drive, the stamina, the grit to endure this race for 5 days or more? If so, an on-screen racing trophy will pop up before your very eyes."

The problem is that the trophy pops up on the screen after you finish FOUR full days of racing and not for "5 days or more". I guess you could say that you race in five DIFFERENT days but you definitely don't "race for 5 days", you only race for 4 days.

What do you think?

- James

image.thumb.png.722a7d5d589b4d5e10035738d7f7da78.png

I agree with Cafeman. The trophy is meant to signify you've earned the patch.

The display in the game is clearly counting the days as the day you start on. I believe the intent was to make it to day five, and trophy appearing = patch. I understand what you mean as though of completing it in terms of effort though (by day six it it would be five full days of time and effort), but I am pretty confident Larry made the trophy appearing deliberate to signify earning a patch. That seems pretty fundamental. They would have had a lot of angry kids otherwise.

Yes the wording is a little weird, and a better wording would have been:

"Do you have the drive, the stamina, the grit to endure this race to day 5 or more? If so, an on-screen racing trophy will pop up before your very eyes and you will be awarded a patch damn you."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cafeman said:

If you see the Trophy, you've earned the patch.

27 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

I agree with Cafeman. The trophy is meant to signify you've earned the patch.

I agree as well, I believe that was the intent in the manual but was just poorly worded. Having the trophy on the screen when you've earned the patch is the only thing that makes sense. ? Thanks!

- James

2 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I agree as well, I believe that was the intent in the manual but was just poorly worded. Having the trophy on the screen when you've earned the patch is the only thing that makes sense. ? Thanks!

- James

If you ever see that trophy, you have earned the patch.  At least that's what I tell myself before I go to sleep at night.

Enduro Roadbusters.jpg

• Like 1

I was inspired to go for the patch and made it, my second after Barnstorming! I played the PAL60 version available on the PlusCart and it might be more obvious on PAL because of the differences in the colour palette, but I noticed that the middle cars tend to be the same colour during the day like how their lights are different at night.

With that it makes it easier to stay in the middle where their seem to be fewer cars (until day 4 at least) and then use the colour as an indication of whether to move or not. I found it also helps to think about the accelerator and brake as less about changing your speed and more about controlling how fast the other cars move down the screen. Accelerate so they're moving towards you at a comfortable speed, then go a little faster to push yourself and don't touch the button again except if you touch the side or crash entirely.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SmittyB said:

I was inspired to go for the patch and made it, my second after Barnstorming! I played the PAL60 version available on the PlusCart and it might be more obvious on PAL because of the differences in the colour palette, but I noticed that the middle cars tend to be the same colour during the day like how their lights are different at night.

With that it makes it easier to stay in the middle where their seem to be fewer cars (until day 4 at least) and then use the colour as an indication of whether to move or not. I found it also helps to think about the accelerator and brake as less about changing your speed and more about controlling how fast the other cars move down the screen. Accelerate so they're moving towards you at a comfortable speed, then go a little faster to push yourself and don't touch the button again except if you touch the side or crash entirely.

Congratulations and thanks for the tips! I fully believe I'll be able to get the patch next time I play it. ?

- James

8 hours ago, Karl G said:

Hey James, what do you think of the idea of doing a tribute episode for @Nukey Shay, highlighting some of his contributions to the community, and playing some of his hacks?

We will definitely be playing one of his games on tomorrow's show!

It would be great to highlight some of his best hacks on an upcoming show as well. Any suggestions for some of people's favourites?

- James