IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

On 3/24/2018 at 2:03 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

UPCOMING LIVESTREAMS on TWITCH (Click Time Listing for Your Local Time)

20211019 Let's Play: Astro Fighter (7800), Frenzy (w/Berzerk) (7800)   POSTPONED DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES

Hope all is well.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Hope all is well.

All is good, thank you. It was just something that prevented us from streaming yesterday night. ? See you on Friday with bonus content!

20211022 Let's Play: Astro Fighter (7800), Frenzy (w/Berzerk) (7800), Plus Exclusive Sneak Preview of PacManPlus' Next Game! (LIVE @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day)

- James

• Like 2

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Astro Fighter & Frenzy on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 22, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

PLUS!! EXCLUSIVE sneak peek at Bob DeCrescenzo's next Atari 7800 arcade port!

ZPH Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Also... the new game from Bob is.....

DEFENDER!!!

Defender1.thumb.jpg.d5cb2bc59d01a43a26f17486422da403.jpg Defender2.thumb.jpg.5f7e4a0aa80a55dff56fd4f84aad2167.jpg

• Like 3

@ZeroPage Homebrew Another great show, as always!  @PacManPlus Looking forward to Defender.?

<Edit> Playing with my cart, I'm unable to recreate the Astro Fighter bug that was displayed during yesterdays twitch stream.  I watched the video again and made sure that the same ship was left on screen (as the last ship) and allowed it run into me.  Upon dying, the next wave of enemy began. 

• Thanks 1

- TOMORROW WE PLAY -

PRINCE OF PERSIA!

1570656577_20211026-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.2bd69d5ad7f920040f791d739a9061a6.jpg

Two years in the making and released just yesterday, Prince of Persia is one of the most impressive games ever made for the Atari 8-Bit system! Tomorrow we take the role of the prince and begin our journey through many heavily fortified levels to rescue the princess from the tower of Grand Vizier Jaffar! High falls, armed guards and spiked pits will block our way tomorrow so wish us luck!

Game Info:
  • Like 5

HAPPY  HALLOWEEN!

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing a Halloween themed Exclusive Secret World Premiere from Mick Crocker (of Deepstone Catacomb) on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 29, 2021) HALLOWEEN stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 12:29 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Two years in the making and released just yesterday, Prince of Persia is one of the most impressive games ever made for the Atari 8-Bit system!

I'm mildly offended by this bit ?

I watched it on YT and it was interesting to see you guys epically fail and blame it on the controls ? but yeah the game is difficult and JMechner could probably have used your focus testing...

You need to work on that edge grabbing ? ( Hint: jump then always press the button and keep it pressed until you land, grab or die! )

One big issue with having to restart from the beginning, I believe is that you have to fight the guards and it just takes too long while not being very interesting... I think they should have been much easier to deal with (with the occasional beefed up one).

What's interesting if you read JM's book, is that he planned the game to be exploration only without any fighting, and once he had that going, it was suggested to him that something was missing and so he added fighting and felt the game was complete.

I find the exploration part to be very smooth and enjoyable once you master the controls (with the occasional glitch!) although by the time you've mastered them, you probably have completed the game several times ?

Perhaps the original game would have benefited from the Sands of Time's rewind feature...

Stay tuned for the cheat code!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rensoup said:

I watched it on YT and it was interesting to see you guys epically fail and blame it on the controls ? but yeah the game is difficult and JMechner could probably have used your focus testing...

Thanks for watching us fumble our way through to level 3 @rensoup! Playing the game got infinitely easier when I switched to keyboard.

It's less of an action game than it appears and more of a puzzle platformer that required you to have accurate timings with your moves. It's has lots of carry over from Karateka where you really need to anticipate and plan our your next move well before the character is able to make it. I can accurately say it will have a lot of repeat play value for me, hahah.

You need to work on that edge grabbing ? ( Hint: jump then always press the button and keep it pressed until you land, grab or die! )

Thanks for the hint, he always seemed to slip and fall! I see that you need to follow through with the jumping now.

One big issue with having to restart from the beginning, I believe is that you have to fight the guards and it just takes too long while not being very interesting... I think they should have been much easier to deal with (with the occasional beefed up one).

On another run through of the game I'll definitely do a lot better as the guards became progressively easier for me once I got the anticipatory timing down. ? I rarely got defeated by one after playing for a while, it was mostly from me falling to my death.

What's interesting if you read JM's book, is that he planned the game to be exploration only without any fighting, and once he had that going, it was suggested to him that something was missing and so he added fighting and felt the game was complete.

I think this was a good move, as you do need to break up the jumping and climbing once in a while.

I find the exploration part to be very smooth and enjoyable once you master the controls (with the occasional glitch!) although by the time you've mastered them, you probably have completed the game several times ?

Perhaps the original game would have benefited from the Sands of Time's rewind feature...

Stay tuned for the cheat code!

Nice, looking forward to the cheat code, that will be very helpful for practice and seeing more of the levels.

Thanks again so much for porting this masterpiece to the A8, it's a very good incentive to upgrade my RAM on one of my machines. ?

- James

• Like 1

Qix

from   CHAMP  GAMES  

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive World Premiere of Qix from Champ Games on tomorrow's (Tue Nov 2, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

Games:
- Qix (2021 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc, Nathan Strum @Nathan Strum (Graphics), Bob DeCrescenzo @PacManPlus (Sound)
- 1942 (2021 WIP | 2600) by @homerhomer & Wolfgang Stubig @Al_Nafuur, Pat Brady @Pat Brady (Sound)

After Dark:
- Sadoom!+ (2019 Hack of Kaboom | 2600) by Thomas Jentzsch @Thomas Jentzsch
- Kaboom! (1981 Activision Patch Attempt #2: ?/3000) by Larry Kaplan

1088077125_20211102-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.f9b2681e3fa5973e865e1a917885154f.jpg

1147713080_20211102-QixPremiere.thumb.jpg.dc85dabac3cbcbd95da9dd3ecd3d7330.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, D Train said:

new t-shirt?

Just some fun effects on the existing tshirt logo. ?

3 hours ago, D Train said:

is the resetting rageous if the game is couch compliant?

so many things to think about...

No need to rage reset on Sadoom!+, the game's over before you can even blink!

- James

498114417_MuddyVisionLogo.thumb.png.d27154e0df8c1223a0ea6c4e785d1b39.png

EXCLUSIVE SECRET WORLD PREMIERE

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive Secret World Premiere of Lewis Hill / Muddyfunster's newest Atari 7800 game on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

We will be ALSO be interviewing the incredibly talented developer Lewis Hill about his newest Atari 7800 game! This missing entry in the Atari 7800 library will be missing no longer! Get ready for an extremely faithful port of a much beloved game that almost everyone has played on other systems. Of course it comes with all the sounds and sights you've come to love from Muddyvision releases! Make sure you tune in to find out what the mystery game is!
Can you guess what port it is?

Friday Nov 5, 2021 @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT

Games:
  • Exclusive Secret World Premiere (2021 | 7800) by Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster + LIVE Interview!
After Dark:
(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

• Like 3

498114417_MuddyVisionLogo.thumb.png.d27154e0df8c1223a0ea6c4e785d1b39.png

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive World Premiere of 2048 from the powerhouse development studio of MuddyVision (Lewis Hill / Muddyfunster) on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

It's a slick, fast and fun puzzle game that you may have played on other platforms, now here for your 7800! Can YOU make it to 2048?

Games:
537145243_20211112-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.635128692aa2e708808f37a4dbe83e1b.jpg
  • Like 2