IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

Thank you everyone for all of your thoughtful messages about Pixel. It's an incredibly difficult time right now for us so it's comforting to read all the heartfelt words from you. It was so wonderful to have all of you get to know Pixel through the show, so I know that you understand how special Pixel was to us.

It will be hard for us to do the show without Pixel but we will be streaming tomorrow. I think I will be able to make it through the show, but please bear with us if we have trouble at some points.

Thank you all. ❤️

- James

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

It will be hard for us to do the show without Pixel but we will be streaming tomorrow.

Although you have stated this, please keep in mind that no one will hold it against you, should you decide to not stream tomorrows show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:23 AM, Dan Iacovelli said:

I agree with thomas, but if you do feel like doing a show as I commented on facebook: we shouldn't do a treat time for while, and do a moment of silence like when a wrestle passes (minus the ten bells toll) in honor of Pixel

Thank you so much for the wonderful sentiment to honour Pixel.

I suspect Atari might have an issue skipping treat time during the show but we'll see what he thinks about it tonight. I suspect he might want to keep it in the show, we'll see.

- James

pixel-tailup-112px.png.2fdac1e2627e2a635677353f44e0c2d6.png    1533300802_atarisleeping-112px.png.a25267806c394b1df3e43292277d416f.png

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 6:17 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you so much for the wonderful sentiment to honour Pixel.

I suspect Atari might have an issue skipping treat time during the show but we'll see what he thinks about it tonight. I suspect he might want to keep it in the show, we'll see.

- James

pixel-tailup-112px.png.2fdac1e2627e2a635677353f44e0c2d6.png    1533300802_atarisleeping-112px.png.a25267806c394b1df3e43292277d416f.png

figured somebody would have sneak it in during the show its ok, guess atari has to eat. maybe try do a moment of silence for pixel before the start of next show,before mail and news.

• 2 weeks later...

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE

MARIO BROS. FOR THE 7800

1457013167_20211228-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.309ea706f70889dccbab19744d99b43d.jpg

TOMORROW ZeroPage Homebrew has the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of the incredible new port of MARIO BROS. for your Atari 7800!

This faithful arcade port of Mario Bros. is an incredible achievement and you don't want to miss the world debut of this new game ONLY on ZPH this Tuesday! We also will have a written interview with the developer OldStyle talking about the making this classic game!

• Like 5

Up watching the Mario Bros exclusive at 5:30a. I really wish I could have stayed up to watch. Great job @OldStyle!

It was so much fun to watch James and Tanya play! (Do I pronounce her name like she does or how her parents intended???)

The interview mentioned how it was a challenge to squeeze all of the sprites in with all of the colors. I think that was understated. The mix of 160A and 160B, while having color-changing enemies, is daunting to me. That is a serious achievement.

Here's the "Level 2 Shellcreeper Trap" that was mentioned when quoting my forum post. It's actually a pretty popular point press for level 2 (Level 3 in the Japanese version & the new 7800, since it follows the Japanese level order).  The new 7800 version is one of two versions that allow this!!!! No other home version release enough sprites at one time to do this properly, except the Atari 5200 version. (Pretty impressive for 1983!) That one extra shellcreeper means an extra 3,200 knock-off points, along with 4,000 pts of coins to collect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, darryl1970 said:

Up watching the Mario Bros exclusive at 5:30a. I really wish I could have stayed up to watch. Great job @OldStyle!

It was so much fun to watch James and Tanya play! (Do I pronounce her name like she does or how her parents intended???)

Thanks so much Darryl, the game is an astounding achievement. You're definitely pronouncing Tanya's name perfectly, hahah. All you have to do is remember it's Tanya, not Tanya.

8 hours ago, darryl1970 said:

The interview mentioned how it was a challenge to squeeze all of the sprites in with all of the colors. I think that was understated. The mix of 160A and 160B, while having color-changing enemies, is daunting to me. That is a serious achievement.

Here's the "Level 2 Shellcreeper Trap" that was mentioned when quoting my forum post. It's actually a pretty popular point press for level 2 (Level 3 in the Japanese version & the new 7800, since it follows the Japanese level order).  The new 7800 version is one of two versions that allow this!!!! No other home version release enough sprites at one time to do this properly, except the Atari 5200 version. (Pretty impressive for 1983!) That one extra shellcreeper means an extra 3,200 knock-off points, along with 4,000 pts of coins to collect.

Nice tactic, I'll have to practice that one for next time I play. ?

- James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

RACE JAMES AND TANYA LIVE ON ZPH!

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing 8bit-Slicks on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch!

Want to race James and Tanya live on the air tomorrow? Download the newest version of 8bit-Slicks and give it a go! We'll be playing the new version of this ONLINE multiplatform port on the stream this Friday and you can sign up to race us on your Atari 8-Bit computer (or even Apple / C64)! The race starts 15 minutes into the show so fuel up your car and strap in!!

If you have an 8bit-Hub, DragonCart or Fujinet, break out your A8 computer and register at: http://8bit-slicks.com/

If you don't have that hardware you can still race us using a special build of Altirra and the game that you can download here: http://8bit-slicks.com/?wpdmpro=atari-xl-xe-disk

Games:

270591239_20220114-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.088c1123bebae079e29c124eb7354cb5.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@ZeroPage Homebrew

Watching the latest show, I just heard about your plans for a four-player games episode. :thumbsup: 

Since I doubt there will ever be an eight-player games episode, how about VROOM! ?

BTW :These things Tanya is making (forgot their name) look really cool. IMO they would be even cooler, if the stars would be replayed with little Atari Fujis. But I suppose that would be a lot of extra work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew

Watching the latest show, I just heard about your plans for a four-player games episode. :thumbsup: 

Since I doubt there will ever be an eight-player games episode, how about VROOM! ?

Can't wait to play Vroom! with four people on the show and it was definitely already on the list!! ? During the Video Game Night that I hold for my friends once a year (but not for the last two years sadly) it'll definitely be part of the festivities and I'll try to stream or record it with 8 people!

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

BTW :These things Tanya is making (forgot their name) look really cool. IMO they would be even cooler, if the stars would be replayed with little Atari Fujis. But I suppose that would be a lot of extra work.

The drink coasters Tanya made are super awesome and they would look even better with Atari Fujis! I'm guessing she'd have to get pre-punched out Fujis or have to order a custom punch. I couldn't find any pre-punched Fujis cutouts or a Fuji shaped hole puncher. I also tried looking online for the cost of a custom punch but couldn't find any publicly posted prices anywhere. I'm guessing a custom manufactured one off shaped hole puncher won't be cheap. I'll ask Tanya about it.

- James

• Like 2