IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

20 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Can't wait to play Vroom! with four people on the show and it was definitely already on the list!! ? During the Video Game Night that I hold for my friends once a year (but not for the last two years sadly) it'll definitely be part of the festivities and I'll try to stream or record it with 8 people!

Assuming there's a PRGE this year and an AA booth, I plan on attending and will bring my QuadTari (along w/4 paddle controllers) so we can get an 8 player game of Vroom! going.  @Albertcan get first dibs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

Assuming there's a PRGE this year and an AA booth, I plan on attending and will bring my QuadTari (along w/4 paddle controllers) so we can get an 8 player game of Vroom! going.  @Albertcan get first dibs.

I'm expecting PRGE to happen this year.  I'll definitely be bringing several QuadTaris to the show, and I will have them in the store soon.

..Al

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

30 minutes ago, Albert said:

I'm expecting PRGE to happen this year.  I'll definitely be bringing several QuadTaris to the show, and I will have them in the store soon.

28 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

We should have VROOM! ready for sale until then.

Awesome! Tanya and I will be at this year's PRGE and we'll be ready for an 8 player game! Albert, Steven, Tanya and myself! We just need four more...

- James

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Awesome! Tanya and I will be at this year's PRGE and we'll be ready for an 8 player game! Albert, Steven, Tanya and myself! We just need four more...

Finding eight people to play should not be a problem at all.  However, crowding eight people around a small Commodore 1702 display will be more challenging.  Might have to hook up a 2600 to a larger display for this.  :)

..Al

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

Finding eight people to play should not be a problem at all.  However, crowding eight people around a small Commodore 1702 display will be more challenging.  Might have to hook up a 2600 to a larger display for this.  :)

..Al

Just need a large Fresnel lens like they used in Brazil!

- James

https://external-preview.redd.it/ngcAs3AOfLOpKYNs0YOx-xaVCWc76s5XNcoVAG4jVXY.jpg?auto=webp&s=98fc705326f205712c3b8b0214ca61cbb3d5df19

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Albert said:

Or just use a video DA, and send the image to four monitors.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

Or just use a video DA, and send the image to four monitors.

That's nice, especially as it supports S-Video, which I use with the Commodore 1702s (with the split chroma and luminance). Amused to see the Radio Shack name, though!  For an eight-player game of VROOM!, I could temporarily co-opt a row of four 1702s, with two people in front of each display.  Would need a bunch of joystick extension cables as well.

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew Thank you so much for your regular show and for the upcoming, 4th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards show.  Looking forward to watching it live next Saturday. ?

PS: Congratulations again to all of the nominees!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

THE ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS, THIS SATURDAY!

WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
SAT FEB 12 @ 12PM PT/3PM ET/8PM GMT

Watch the 4th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards LIVE on Twitch this Saturday! We will be honouring the best games from Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-Bit & Atari Lynx of the past year, as voted by fans of the games, in 18 categories with LIVE acceptance speeches from the recipients!

Mark it on your calendars and don't miss the event! Thank you once again to everyone who voted in the awards and good luck to the nominees!

1145552216_20220210-AtariHomebrewAwards-LiveEvent.thumb.jpg.b74f1d480e6879e5cf446b408d6ec256.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, thank you @ZeroPage Homebrew team for putting this on.

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. Most of the categories had numerous worthy candidates.

EDIT: when you started talking about Lifetime Achievement Award, my immediate thought was: @batari should have one of those.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pat Brady said:

Yes, thank you @ZeroPage Homebrew team for putting this on.

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. Most of the categories had numerous worthy candidates.

Indeed! I can only imagine how exhausting putting together the award show is. While James was very gracious about the contributions of homebrewers and the committee, the planning and follow-through is pretty much all on his shoulders, and what a fantastic job he does of it. Thank-you James!

I'd also like to say congrats to all of the winners and nominees - without exception, I found when I tried to cast my vote I'd struggle with an internal debate on the merits of all of the games. Tough picking when everything is a standout! 

4 hours ago, Pat Brady said:

EDIT: when you started talking about Lifetime Achievement Award, my immediate thought was: @batari should have one of those.

I agree, and It's well-deserved. Fred said some very kind stuff about 7800basic and my work, but 7800basic wouldn't have existed without Fred and his vision with bB. We'd all be so much poorer without his contributions - Harmony, Melody, Concerto, Hokey, Banksets, etc. So yep, while there are many deserving people up for that award, there was nobody higher on my personal list. I'm thrilled that so many people on the committee agreed.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE

ZeroPage Homebrew returns for its FIFTH YEAR(!) with the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of the brand new homebrew game RAPTOR for the Atari 2600 plus the EXCLUSIVE FINAL BUILD of Q*bert port rubyQ!

We will also have a LIVE INTERVIEW with Award Winning developer Andrew Pauley @Armscar Coder about his new homebrew game Raptor!

Games:

WATCH LIVE TOMORROW:

FRIDAY MARCH 4th @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT

https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 12

I really enjoyed the interview with Andrew Pauley on Friday's steam when I caught the replay today!  It was great to hear him explain his thought process for using the relative strengths and managing the weaknesses of the 2600 to make a great game with the elements he wanted to include.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

You were asking about a chronological list of 2600 releases on your last show...

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories.html#memories

Thank you so much Nathan, there's a lot of good information there. It'll take some time to piece it all together.

If anyone runs across any other comprehensive lists that have the Game Name, Company & Release Date. Please let me know!

- James