IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

I got my awards/certificates and keychain today! Thanks James and Tanya! (This is the exact keychain I was pointing at. ;) )

Sadly, my awards are backwards. But that's fine, I'll just enjoy them by placing them in front of a mirror.

irata_sdrawa.thumb.jpg.0074469cd1fc8f424f4d2ad0687a0b34.jpg

Spoiler

P.S. There's a super-secret WIP reflected in the awards. What could it be? :ponder: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Sadly, my awards are backwards. But that's fine, I'll just enjoy them by placing them in front of a mirror

Quality control just isn't what it used to be anymore. I remember the other day I got a package of M&Ms, and I swear at least half of them had W printed on them instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

I got my awards/certificates and keychain today! Thanks James and Tanya! (This is the exact keychain I was pointing at. ;) )

Sadly, my awards are backwards. But that's fine, I'll just enjoy them by placing them in front of a mirror.

Oh man, I must have put the trophies backwards into the box when I shipped it! The mirror is a good solution to the issue. They look great and I'm happy you got the keychain you were pointing at, that's super lucky!

Reveal hidden contents

P.S. There's a super-secret WIP reflected in the awards. What could it be? :ponder: 

I used the latest technology from Blade Runner and police procedurals to ZOOM / ENHANCE, but no luck...

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Currently watching the last show with sound enhancements. James voice comes over significantly more voluminous. Probably the bass is boosted more than the higher pitched sounds.

Oh, a big thanks in advance from my neighbors! :D 

You're very welcome! I agree it sounds SO much better now that I don't have to leave so much headroom for loud sounds. I still need to tweak it a bit but it's 100% better than before. ?

- James

49 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I used the latest technology from Blade Runner and police procedurals to ZOOM / ENHANCE, but no luck...

I was watching an episode of Columbo from the mid-70's where they were doing that with reel-to-reel video tape. Amazingly, they were able to zoom all the way in and read the name on an envelope on a desk from clear across the room! Why on earth did we ever waste all that time and money switching to HD, anyway? All we needed to do was ZOOM/ENHANCE everything, because apparently there's already infinite detail on those tapes!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Amazingly, they were able to zoom all the way in and read the name on an envelope on a desk from clear across the room!

I haven't kept up, but there is a technique that can extract higher quality images by analyzing multiple frames of video.  First time I saw an example of it they used a cell phone (this was in the pre-smart phone days) and recorded a low quality video that panned across a bookcase.  Nothing was legible. After running it thru the software you could clearly read all the book titles.

It's like looking thru a window screen or a screen door - the mesh blocks some of the detail, but if you move your head back and forth you can see that detail.

Have no idea where I saw that video, as it was 15-20 years ago, but did find these:

Video Super-resolution with Scene-specific Priors. Upper images use bi-cubic interpolation to upscale 240x160 images to 720x480.  Lower uses multiple frames (temporal).

Click for larger view:

604522169_ScreenShot2022-03-24at10_12_58AM.thumb.png.90fb1ca1a0b74b6c033d650e7537f088.png

Extraction of high-resolution frames from video sequences. Left image is 2 fields (1 frame) of video, right image is created by analyzing 7 fields (3.5 frames) of video.

Click for larger view:

1978632327_ScreenShot2022-03-24at10_12_46AM.thumb.png.b8d2ecdd2b41ec82a6c2cfb058b80fca.png

• Like 2

The last bit of this video shows a couple examples.  

The left size is what they started with, the middle is the temporal enhancement, the right is a high quality of the original scene.  Detail in the stones in the foreground was recovered quite well, but not so much for the detail in the umbrella - it probably didn't move enough between frames.

Click for larger image:

1118150239_ScreenShot2022-03-24at11_09_33AM.thumb.png.c0088d3ae29fff9724a885378b9e1f2a.png

• Like 2

On 3/24/2018 at 3:03 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

James, there is another Atari entry I think it could also be included in this stream: Jupiter SS Firestorm Gamma for the Atari 2600 by @Mr SQL

It competes in the same category than some of the A8 entries.

BTW, will you announce this stream in the contest's thread?

Edited by vitoco

TWO EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERES FOR YOUR ATARI 2600

FROM RED BUTTON GAMES AND VHZC GAMES!

Fri Apr 8 @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day
WATCH: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew

ZeroPage Homebrew has the Exclusive World Premiere of TWO brand new Atari 2600 homebrews tomorrow from Red Button Games and VHZC Games! Very little has been announced about either of these two games so we will be discovering these games at the same time as you!

'Razor's Edge' comes from the studio that brought you the incredible award winning games 'Unholy' and 'K-Jo Chases the Cheese'! Very little is known about this brand new game other than what was recently revealed in the scrolling text in their promo video!

"The city is in chaos. The streets are no longer a safe place and even the police forces are already taken over by criminals..."
WATCH FULL PROMO: https://youtu.be/JKH69QpE0Qc

'Oozy the Goo: Maze Quest' is the next homebrew from the multi-award winning VHZC and literally nothing has been revealed yet about this game! If it's from Vladimir Zuñiga you know it's going to be an amazing time! VHZC works endlessly on so many games each year and each one raises the bar higher and higher so we're very looking forward to seeing what this one is!

Games:

• Razor's Edge (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by Red Button Games / Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago
  • Oozy the Goo: Maze Quest (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by VHZC Games / Vladimir Zuñiga @vhzc

1045106372_20220408-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.013e223f4ddd827001e075dc8f4a7234.jpg

• Like 3

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of

DARK KEEP      

FRIDAY APRIL 15 on ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW

WATCH on TWITCH LIVE @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 7PM GMT

https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

372539788_20220411-DarkKeep.thumb.jpg.06d4bf15560d51067db78f3000cf5b4e.jpg

READ DARK KEEP DISCUSSION THREAD

We will be playing the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of Edward Smith @easmith and Kevin Mosley's @KevinMos3 new game Dark Keep this Friday Apr 15 on ZeroPage Homebrew! We will be playing the game with Darcy who owns a board game store so he can give us the inside scoop on the board game community!

There will be a special announcement during the show about the game so make sure you tune in! See you there this FRIDAY!

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sohl said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew Question... where did that chiptune "Disco 5" come from that you used for a recent* pre-show?  I'd like to snag that and maybe see if there's more from the same musician/creator.

Looks like Disco 5 was composed by Jaroslaw Krasuski (Jaras). Happy listening!

- James

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of

1590142992_MuddyVisionLogo-Transparent.thumb.png.83a477ed60f66872aeb260a76aa444e5.png

SECRET NEW HOMEBREW

FRIDAY MAY 6 on ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW

WATCH LIVE on TWITCH @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day

https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

1932711822_20220505-MuddyVisionSecretNewHomebrew.thumb.jpg.f1152e7620571f63f25e23bfe8714ea5.jpg

Tomorrow, Friday May 6th, on ZeroPage Homebrew we will be playing the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of @Muddyfunster's newest Atari 7800 homebrew! We can't wait to reveal this SECRET GAME to you on the show, you're going to LOVE IT!

Lewis Hill (MuddyVision/Muddyfunster) is the multi-award winning developer behind such amazing Atari games as Bernie & the Cubic Conundrum (7800), Danger Zone (7800), Dare Devil (2600), Keystone Kapers (7800), TyreTrax (2600) and the incredible E.X.O. (7800)! See you there tomorrow for the reveal!

- James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew I cannot find the compo for which you played INV+. Do you have a link?

You bet, looks like two people have rolled the score now.

Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariage/posts/10159619726935255/

- James

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone so much for watching the event yesterday! A huge thank you as well @Albert at Atariage and all the incredible homebrew developers for participating, especially ones that have never been on the stream before! So glad everyone had a great time! ?

- James

YouTube Archive of Event (Watch at 1080P60 for best quality)

• Like 6