IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

49 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew Yes!  Lunar Lander on tomorrow’s show. I can’t wait. 

You've been keeping close watch on the upcoming games! ;-)

You're absolutely correct, tomorrow we have the EXCLUSIVE WORLD DEBUT of Champ Games 2600 homebrew port of Atari's 1979 Arcade Game LUNAR LANDER!!

MORE INFO: https://www.facebook.com/champdotgames/posts/2414286555494688

896636633_2600-LunarLander.thumb.png.0360da506c8b4e6660e219a159565bc8.png

NOTE: Cart artwork is a mockup by ZPH and is not official.

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

You're absolutely correct, tomorrow we have the EXCLUSIVE WORLD DEBUT of Champ Games 2600 homebrew port of Atari's 1979 Arcade Game LUNAR LANDER!!

MORE INFO: https://www.facebook.com/champdotgames/posts/2414286555494688

Great, i'm looking forward to see Lunar Lander on today's show!

I also just saw that there's a fixed ROM for Skeleton+ which should work on the Harmony Encore:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/294531-skeleton-not-working-on-harmony-encore/

Looks like you can finally play one of the few spooky 2600 homebrews on the show. ?

10 hours ago, Impaler_26 said:

I also just saw that there's a fixed ROM for Skeleton+ which should work on the Harmony Encore:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/294531-skeleton-not-working-on-harmony-encore/

Looks like you can finally play one of the few spooky 2600 homebrews on the show. ?

Of course, they could also buy the cartridge. ;) 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

Of course, they could also buy the cartridge. ;) 

The downside of buying the game rather than putting it onto your Harmony is that you might miss that Eric Ball somehow managed to squeeze all of the amazing things that Skeleton+ manages to do into only *4K*!  Four measly kilobytes!!!  Quite an amazing accomplishment. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Impaler_26 said:

Thanks for the link @Impaler_26! It's a good time to start amassing games for this Halloween's episode!

1 minute ago, SS said:

So now I'm wondering if Lunar Lander and Avalanche will be separate releases or a combo cartridge? 

I was thinking the same thing due to their relative smaller sizes (8K & 4K) and that they're both Atari arcade ports from around the same era (1979 & 1978).

• 2 weeks later...

ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW IS BACK TOMORROW (FRIDAY)!!

WE'RE BACK and we have the !!EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE!! of another VHZC game, this one is an endless runner called 'I Ran'!! We're also taking a look at the update to the extremely frantic fun two player called Cannonhead Clash (formerly known as Bomb Game) by bluswimmer. We're also going to be trying for a patch in the Activision classic Crackpots by Daniel Kitchen! See you then!!

Tune in to tomorrow's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- I Ran (2019 WIP Exclusive World Premiere) by Vladimir Zuñiga aka John Von Neumann aka Vhzc
- Cannonhead Clash (2019 WIP Update) by bluswimmer
- Crackpots (1983 Patch Challenge) by Dan Kitchen 

20190823-Let's Play.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think it was beginner's luck, as much as it was exposing an exploit in the game. He knew he was supposed to build burgers, but didn't know the rest. If you ignore dropping burger pieces onto (or carrying) enemies, then it significantly reduces the risk factor. You score a lot less points that way, but you keep more distance between yourself and your enemies. It doesn't work as well in the arcade game because the enemies seem considerably faster there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, iesposta said:

Aerlan’s skill (beginner’s luck) on Chaotic Grill was amazing on the last Stream!

He got to the last level before dying, and it was his first time playing a Burgertime game! 

It really blew me away how great he was at Chaotic Grill as well, it was incredible! Platform games are not usually his forte but he rocked this one right out of the gate.

2 hours ago, Karl G said:

You think squishing enemies makes the game harder? It at least gets them away from you for a small amount of time.  ? 

Is Aerlan on the forums?

No, he's not on the forums and not really on any social media. Probably the best way to message him is live during the Wednesday shows in the chat. ;-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karl G said:

You think squishing enemies makes the game harder? It at least gets them away from you for a small amount of time.  ? 

It involves more risk though because when you squish them, the enemies can reappear unexpectedly at the corners and catch you off guard. If you don't kill them, you always know where they are. Also, you have to be right above them to squish them, which adds another element of risk, especially if the platforms are close together and ladders are nearby vs. just completely staying as far away from them as you can.

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 1

I just caught the video with Sky Jinks. I've never heard of it. The game looked fantastic with the shadow effect. I like the mix of homebrew and originally released games. When you're done with the Activision series, I hope you mix in some from other game companies. I'm particularly interested in seeing Imagic and Parker Bros games.

2 hours ago, azure said:

I just caught the video with Sky Jinks. I've never heard of it. The game looked fantastic with the shadow effect. I like the mix of homebrew and originally released games. When you're done with the Activision series, I hope you mix in some from other game companies. I'm particularly interested in seeing Imagic and Parker Bros games.

Sky Jinks is a very clever piece of programming with only the plane being made with the player characters, everything else is ball, missiles and playfield!

It'll be a ways to go before I finally get the patches for all the Activision games but it's not a bad idea to highlight some more old school games, especially ones that I haven't played much after I get through with them! ? There's a lot to learn from the old school games in terms of clever graphical tricks that can be applied to new homebrew.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

What happened to the last show? The Twitch video starts somewhere in the middle.

We had to stop the stream partway in so there should be another part on Twitch before the one you're seeing. I'll be stitching them together for the YouTube archive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled over a few interesting homebrews i haven't heard of before... More games to play on the show! ?

Murderer Behind The Door

Gene Medic

The Adventures of Grumpy Gramps & Skateboard Steve, Super Step Bros etc.

Also try this Lander game which is even harder than Deimos Lander:

Lander (2008) (Bastian Framke).bin

?

On 9/12/2019 at 2:49 AM, Impaler_26 said:

I just stumbled over a few interesting homebrews i haven't heard of before... More games to play on the show! ?

Murderer Behind The Door

Gene Medic

The Adventures of Grumpy Gramps & Skateboard Steve, Super Step Bros etc.

Also try this Lander game which is even harder than Deimos Lander:

Lander (2008) (Bastian Framke).bin 4 kB · 10 downloads

?

Thank you so much for the suggestions @Impaler_26! I schedule Gene Media for today's show! ?

My worst nightmare has come true.  My RGB modded light-sixer that I use for the show no longer works.

I was taking it apart to take photos of the insides for further troubleshooting of the issue I was having with Harmony Encore specific games. When I put it all back together and turned it on, nothing happened. No picture, no sound. I plugged in the RF output to check if it was just the RGB out, same thing, no picture no sound. I tried the power supply on an Atari Jr, no problem there as it powered up. I take the whole thing apart again, there's no disconnected wires and nothing obvious.

Sadly I know next to nothing about electronic repairs and my multimeter recently broke so I've ordered another one just now.

I was also in the process of ordered a kit to recap my system in case that was the issue with the Harmony Encore:

https://console5.com/store/atari-2600-total-refresh-tune-up-cap-kit-new-capacitors-and-more.html

BUT, the show must go on and I will continue by using Stella for the show. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures of my non-operative RGB modded light-sixer and let me know if you think anything is out of order that I should look at.

DSC08224.JPG

DSC08225.JPG

DSC08226.JPG

DSC08227.JPG

DSC08228.JPG

DSC08229.JPG

DSC08230.JPG

DSC08231.JPG

DSC08232.JPG

DSC08233.JPG

DSC08234.JPG

DSC08235.JPG

DSC08236.JPG

DSC08237.JPG

DSC08238.JPG

DSC08239.JPG

DSC08240.JPG

DSC08241.JPG

DSC08242.JPG

• Sad 2

I have no clue about soldering etc., but some joints sure look terrible to me. I hope you get this repaired or replaced soon. Does the AtariVox react?

While using Stella, please make sure that you have the documentation at hand. Just in case you have to change some settings.