IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

Just now, sramirez2008 said:

Just watched yesterday’s replay. @ZeroPage HomebrewJames, how well does the Asteroids ‘Basicfun.com’ mini arcade play?

The 'Basic Fun Standard Edition' of Asteroids plays REALLY well. You wouldn't think that you could create a playable version asteroids in that form factor and before I bought it, I had no clue how they were going to do it.

You ship stays in the center of the screen and has 8 positions it can rotate in. The asteroids are drawn with a ton of segments and they also have the UFO. Here's a video someone made of the gameplay:

As far as I can tell, nobody has done a video on the Defender 'Standard Edition' as Basic Fun put out an emulator 'Exclusive Version' first and people probably mix the two up. I'd say all of them are worth getting if you like that style of gameplay EXCEPT for Joust, which is near unplayable.

- James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol! I had a lot of fun watching James/Tanya play Whale Dive. I love the sound effect when you crash your whale. It sounds like someone is slapping the whale in the face.  Sort of reminds me of the Activision Boxing sound effect, when you punch your opponent in the face. Used to love that sound as a kid too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

You should play them on your show some week (including Joust :) ).

I'll check out how I can best represent them on camera and I may be able to do that! There haven't been any videos put on YouTube on a number of these games so there may be some interest in that.

- James

• Like 1

I thought four days from now would be Tuesday... :ponder:

Anyway, I haven't been able to stick around for the live streams lately, so I've been catching up on YouTube. Maybe you already know, but the audio there drifts way out of sync by the end of the videos.

7 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

I thought four days from now would be Tuesday... :ponder:

Anyway, I haven't been able to stick around for the live streams lately, so I've been catching up on YouTube. Maybe you already know, but the audio there drifts way out of sync by the end of the videos.

Hmm... the latest episode it definitely does drift, which doesn't make a lot of sense as the local copy I have on my hard drives is perfectly fine. I wish there was an option to re-upload the video but there isn't. The last five or so episodes before that are fine and are dead on for sync all the way through, make sure you're watching at 1080p60 or it WILL drift!

YouTube has TERRIBLE reencoding software from 1080p60 to everything else which causes the drift. There are numerous complaints when you look up the issue, they just don't seem to care about it as it's been that way for many years now.

4 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I'm in the same boat too, hahah!! If it's like last time, I'll know the moment you do when I switch on the game! Can't wait!

No peeking James ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

I'm in the same boat too, hahah!! If it's like last time, I'll know the moment you do when I switch on the game! Can't wait!

I’m expecting it to be a repeat of last time. “Would you like to play a game?” That was a cool reveal.?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’m expecting it to be a repeat of last time. “Would you like to play a game?” That was a cool reveal.?

That was fun. Although one of the reasons we did that, was because Galaga was featured prominently in WarGames. :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mickmuze said:

Nice, I’m getting t-shirt ??

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Placed my order for a t-shirt.

Awesome!! I've ordered a bunch for the ZPH crew and I can't wait to wear them on the show. Looking forward to seeing how the designs look in person and adding some more options to the store in the future. ?

• Like 2

I can't remember the last time I was so pleasantly surprised at a reveal. Robotron is one of my all-time faves and I never imagined somebody would try, and succeed, such a faithful and competent port to 2600!  I suppose after seeing stuff like Zookeeper, I should not have been so shocked, but I was. Even knowing it is using the extra ARM processing to be possible, it is still jaw dropping to see this so well done on a 2600. I guess any of the early 80s coinop games is truly possible.  Well done, Champ Games team. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1