IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

I'd like to introduce to you the newest member of the ZPH Crew: SPRITE!

He is named after both the Soot Sprites from My Neighbour Totoro and also sprites from video games.

We adopted him on Saturday and he is 3 months old. ? He's a very brave and curious kitten and took to his new brother Atari almost immediately. He made his debut on ZPH last night on the After Dark stream.

- James

PXL_20220529_213031161-altered.thumb.jpg.51624f03ea1485d0edb4a30f42f61b5a.jpg

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

While you played Dodge It after K-Jo I wondered about a combination of both: Instead of walls, you have to stop using the bouncing balls. Or maybe a mix of walls and balls.

Slide Boy has that dynamic on some rooms: you have to stop on moving walls. If you miss, you are dead.

Edited by vitoco
  • Like 1

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of

BOOM!      

FRIDAY JUNE 3 on ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW

WATCH on TWITCH LIVE @ 3PM PT | 6PM ET | 10PM GMT

https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

1844045825_20220602-Boom!ExclusivePremiere.thumb.jpg.96e5d30d9289a283b18a076b18f66997.jpg

Tomorrow on ZeroPage Homebrew we have the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of Chris Walton's @cd-w's (Juno First, Star Castle Arcade, Zeviouz) port of the classic game Bomberman called Boom! for your Atari 2600! This homebrew has several astounding technical firsts that you have to see and hear to believe! We'll also be playing a super fun homebrew platformer of Chris's, Hunchy II! Make sure you take note of the special time the stream starts, you don't want to miss this!

Games:
- Boom! (2022 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by Chris Walton @cd-w
- Hunchy II (2005 Retail | 2600) by Chris Walton @cd-w (Programming), Juston Hairgrove (Sprite Art), John Payson (Music)

VIDEO ARCHIVE (WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)
Game Links and Upcoming ZeroPage Schedule:
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

EXCITING NEWS! I will be moderating a Homebrew Game Development panel discussion at the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo! Come drop by this Saturday at 7:30PM to the Panel Room on the fourth floor and check out some amazing developers talk all about creating homebrew games!

Panelists

• David Galloway @djmips: Mega Man 2600 (2600), BLiP Football (2600), Arcade Pong (2600)
  • Daniel Savage: Wizard of the Board (N64), Lunar Assault 64 (N64)
  • Brian Provinciano: Grand Theftendo (NES), Retro City Rampage (Various), Shakedown Hawaii (Various)

Moderator:

185812493_20220624-VRGEPanel.thumb.jpg.c68934e6060e68096ccbd5f7401a8c22.jpg   967737069_20220620-VRGEPanelPromo1.thumb.jpg.9942110043173ba311a5f11baf8e761c.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

EXCITING NEWS! I will be moderating a Homebrew Game Development panel discussion at the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo! Come drop by this Saturday at 7:30PM to the Panel Room on the fourth floor and check out some amazing developers talk all about creating homebrew games!

Panelists

• David Galloway @djmips: Mega Man 2600 (2600), BLiP Football (2600), Arcade Pong (2600)
  • Daniel Savage: Wizard of the Board (N64), Lunar Assault 64 (N64)
  • Brian Provinciano: Grand Theftendo (NES)

Moderator:

967737069_20220620-VRGEPanelPromo1.thumb.jpg.9942110043173ba311a5f11baf8e761c.jpg

A livestream would be awesome.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

A livestream would be awesome.

18 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Or even a post-event livestream replay with commentary.

There probably won't be a livestream of the event but I plan to film the panel talk. I'll try to clear it with the event so I can post it for everyone to watch after.

- James

• Like 7

Video of the Homebrew Game Development panel talk from Saturday at the 2022 Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo has just been posted!

Thank you so much to David Galloway @djmips, Daniel Savage and Brian Provinciano for being on the panel and sharing their knowledge and experience about developing homebrew games!

It's was an incredible experience moderating the talk and meeting all three of them in person!

- James

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:
Video of the Homebrew Game Development panel talk from Saturday at the 2022 Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo has just been posted!

Thank you so much to David Galloway @djmips, Daniel Savage and Brian Provinciano for being on the panel and sharing their knowledge and experience about developing homebrew games!

It's was an incredible experience moderating the talk and meeting all three of them in person!

- James

Thanks for posting it - really great panel discussion. Sounded like there was a decent crowd there (based on the applause).

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Thanks for posting it - really great panel discussion. Sounded like there was a decent crowd there (based on the applause).

Thank you so much! It was a great turn out, about 3/4 full which is pretty good considering we were the last panel before the Expo closed. ?

- James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IT STARTS TOMORROW!

We will be celebrating the Atari 2600's 45th Anniversary by playing through every single Atari 2600 game ever released to the public during the classic run of the console from 1977-1992, IN ORDER OF RELEASE DATE! We will be starting the countdown tomorrow with games released from 1977-1979. Make sure you tune in and let us know what you think of each of the games as we power through each one five minutes at a time! See you there!

1230707341_20220717-Atari260045thAnniversaryGameCountdown.thumb.jpg.f5347a5aa32de55e1b1d502df034e65b.jpg

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 1

AtariAge New Releases Announced for PRGE 2022!

Check out this MASSIVE list of upcoming physical releases from AtariAge just announced for the upcoming Portland Retro Gaming Expo! 21 titles for your Atari 2600, 7800, 5200, Atari Jaguar and Atari 8-Bit systems! If you've never been to Portland Retro Gaming Expo and checked out the huge AtariAge booth there, you're missing out! ZeroPage Homebrew will be there doing interviews and maybe even streaming LIVE from the event!

MORE INFO: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/338201-new-atariage-release-at-2022-prge/

1338404860_20220718-AtariAgeReleasesAtPRGE.thumb.jpg.74eb875201034d670c463082e167293a.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/17/2022 at 2:28 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

IT STARTS TOMORROW!

We will be celebrating the Atari 2600's 45th Anniversary by playing through every single Atari 2600 game ever released to the public during the classic run of the console from 1977-1992, IN ORDER OF RELEASE DATE! We will be starting the countdown tomorrow with games released from 1977-1979. Make sure you tune in and let us know what you think of each of the games as we power through each one five minutes at a time! See you there!

1230707341_20220717-Atari260045thAnniversaryGameCountdown.thumb.jpg.f5347a5aa32de55e1b1d502df034e65b.jpg

My current work schedule does not permit me to watch the live stream, but I did catch the replay earlier today and really enjoyed it.  I never had an "Atari" growing up, but my cousins had a Sears heavy sixer and we played it a ton.  Below is a pic of my Atari heavy sixer along with the launch titles and one of my gatefold Combat CIBs.  Thanks for the memories O' Briens?

H6er with Original Launch Titles.jpg

Combat Gatefold FT.jpg

Combat Open.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

My current work schedule does not permit me to watch the live stream, but I did catch the replay earlier today and really enjoyed it.  I never had an "Atari" growing up, but my cousins had a Sears heavy sixer and we played it a ton.  Below is a pic of my Atari heavy sixer along with the launch titles and one of my gatefold Combat CIBs.  Thanks for the memories O' Briens?

You're so welcome and thank you for your continued support!

That's a beautiful heavy sixer and combat box, I'm still on the hunt for a heavy in a chess piece box... one day! ? I wish they kept doing gatefold boxes like Intellivision had, so much easier to get the game in and out, I bet more boxes would have survived!

As the episodes go on I'll be telling stories of growing up playing the Atari 2600 at other people's houses (I never had one either) as specific games come up in the line up, 1977-1979 is a little before I was introduced to the system.

It's going to be a LOT of retro gaming in the next few months going through EVERY game for the 2600, looking forward to it! It's a lofty goal but I think we can make it, even if we have to do a long marathon near the end to finish it off....

- James

• Like 2

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE

OF GODS AND THE CHAOS ENGINE!

Next Tuesday we will have the DOUBLE WORLD PREMIERE of the new Jaguar ports of The Bitmap Brothers games Gods (1991) and The Chaos Engine (1993), both of which you will be able to purchase from AtariAge at Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2022 and the AtariAge Store later this year!

These two new amazing releases were ported to the Jaguar by @CyranoJ (of Reboot) with music by DST for 'Gods' and Roald Strauss for 'The Chaos Engine'! Mark your calendars!

Tue Jul 26, 2022 @ 6PM PT/9PM ET/1AM GMT (+1day)
WATCH LIVE:
https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

MORE INFO: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/320642-gods-and-the-chaos-engine-coming-soon-to-the-atari-jaguar/

1621416370_20220720-GodsandChaosEngine.thumb.jpg.4a48371ad7de6a3f5c60d172dc88dddf.jpg

• Like 1

We play EVERY Atari 2600 Game released in 1980!

The Atari 2600's 45th Anniversary Countdown continues tomorrow with all the classic 2600 games released to the public in 1980 such as Space Invaders, Boxing, Video Pinball, Dragster and Adventure! What is your favourite game from 1980?

Fri Jul 22, 2022 @ 2PM PT | 5PM ET | 9PM GMT
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)