IGNORED

Hyperkin Duke Wired Controller

Hydro Thunder

Agreed. I wonder if part of the cost is the "home button with the original animated Xbox startup screen". Can't tell what they mean by that but...maybe a display on the controller on that big circle? I'm still intrigued by the idea, but not very likely at all to be willing to part with nearly $100 for the thing.

Well, if you want a wired controller...

Seriously, what's the fear of wired controllers anyways? My battery dies and it basically becomes a wired controller anyways. At least Xbox ones still take real batteries.

Personally, I'm spoiled with wireless controllers. I even went to wireless headphones for all but my PC gaming. Wires get in the way and the wireless technology is good enough now where it's functionally the same.

I suppose price-wise the new Duke is somewhat reasonable, but I hope that the center screen does more than just display the original Xbox startup sequence. That would seem criminal underuse of the feature at that price point.

• Like 1

Agreed. I wonder if part of the cost is the "home button with the original animated Xbox startup screen". Can't tell what they mean by that but...maybe a display on the controller on that big circle? I'm still intrigued by the idea, but not very likely at all to be willing to part with nearly $100 for the thing.

I just read it as - there is an image of the original start up screen on the home button that you push to get to XOne home.

Edit - the video above shows that it is an actual screen that displays the old start up.

Not sure if I'm mor wanting it for being wired, or being the duke? Most comfortable controller I used by far.

Its not like I got gorilla hands, I wear 9 gloves, its just so many feel like their made for kids instead of adults.

Maybe it's nostalgia. Or you just genuinely liked the controller, it worked well for how you prefer to game.

I am struggling slightly with this. Price seems stiff as I said initially...but it's such an outrageous idea...I kind of think it might be worth the $90 just to have one. And then crack out all my Xbox games hoping that most will run on XbOne. Or if not I'll just hammer through some Grabbed by the Ghoulies and VooDoo Vince remastered. Be nice if Blood Wake, Need For Speed Underground, Star Wars Battlefront II, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and Panzer Dragoon Orta would work on XbOne...(I haven't checked any backwards compatibility lists or tried them yet)

Intriguingly, Price is now down to $69.99. Maybe someone at Hyperkin read this forum? :)

Now I'm thinking about it, whether or not I truly ought to be. I don't generally part with $70 on something I may not use much at all (can't actually remember if I loved, hated, or otherwise on the original Duke controller when I had it vs the smaller one that came out later)...but this is again such a neat idea, I might just have to jump at it.