IGNORED

SCART-Genie Packages for Users

Shift838

Geneve SCART-Genie Packages  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of package would you like to see the SCART-Genie offered?

• Bare PCB Only
    • Bare PCB and Parts Kit (You Assemble It! - SMD and Through-hole)
    • Assembled / Tested PCB
    • Complete (Assembled / Tested with 3D Case)
    • Assembled / Tested with Cables

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have been thinking in order to keep the cost down to not offer a kit with cables. Since my design is used for the standard 8 pin male to male patch cables (straight through) and SCART male to male cable pinouts that can be purchased. These cables would keep the cost of the kits down by not offering them as well as save on shipping cost. It will also let you purchase the cables or build them if you so desire. This is really because I would have to pay for shipping of the cables which would in turn increase the price of the kit then shipping would be more to get it to the buyer of the kit, so it would be like paying shipping twice.

It just does not make sense to me to do that because I would have to pass the cost off to the user. When you could simply buy the cables yourself and not have to worry about the extra cost.

The whole idea of this device is to allow someone to buy an off the cable shelf and just plug it in with no modifications required.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shift838

According to you poll that is the concensus though . It's your deal so do what feel like but just know that there are those of us who won't whine about the cost. Stuff costs money. Better stuff costs more money. Fact of life.

That is true. I may just have to offer all the options!

• Like 1