IGNORED

Trac Brothers - Randy D Pearson's Newest Novel!

Hi All,

For those who remember back to 2010, I had my debut novel released - Driving Crazy, the story of two buddies who drive from Michigan to California to pick up a Crazy Climber arcade game. (Here is the Marketplace post chain if you're curious.)

Then came Tell Me a Story, my short story collection in 2016.

Now we fast forward to today... and my newest novel, Trac Brothers is in the world!

It's an action-adventure story, with some humor and even a bit of Michigan history.

Here's the back cover blurb:

Jam and Jax Trachsel receive an unexpected inheritance from their recently departed uncle Mac– a fully-functioning Kalamazoo brand handcar from the 19th century. When they become stranded over 150 miles from home, do they set it on the train tracks and pump it all the way back? Or, when they find a hand-drawn map their uncle created, do they follow it even further north to the long lost town of Walton Junction?

What starts out as a thrilling, modern day adventure quickly becomes a battle for survival. Their journey through Michigan’s scenic Lower Peninsula will introduce them to a world they never imagined, forever changing many lives. Can they trust the Rail Riders, the bizarre but friendly group of people living off the grid? Or will the Track Pirates, a ruthless gang led by the insane Santascoy, cause their demise?

I've already received several nice reviews! It's been called "Full of whimsy and charm," "hard to put down," "A charming, wild, and witty adventure," and "Pearson's best book yet!" Oh, and Ray Walsh of the Lansing State Journal called it. "A deft trail tale" and "unusual." I'm quite proud of it being called unusual! :)

If you'd like more information, please check out my website. There's excerpts, and deleted scenes to peruse. You can also buy a copy directly from me from my website - so I can sign it, and I'll even throw in a couple of extras. You can also pick up a copy at Amazon, either eBook or paperback.

(One more thing - do you recall me mentioning that I was approached by a movie production studio to make Driving Crazy into a movie? Well, that's still on the back burner. They contacted me last week. They are finishing up a movie called Boo!, then they have the rights to a Stephen King movie. They said after that, Driving Crazy is up next! So, still a couple years off, but wow!)

Cheers,

Randy "Smeg"

post-1517-0-49546700-1522372100_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Atari Smeghead
  • Like 2

Just ordered a copy off Amazon and can't wait to read it!!!

Oh, and Hi Randy!!!

Hi Mendon!! So great to 'see' you again! I sure hope life's treating you well! Thanks for picking up a copy. I hope you like it!

I love trains :) might have to check this out. Pretty cool your book is to be a movie dude!

Thanks! I appreciate that. It's thrilling to even have the possibility of one of my books becoming a movie. If it really does happen, you'll hear more about it. :)

I've received several good reviews on Trac Brothers, so people seem to be enjoying it. If you do pick one up, please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Smeg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! Just a quick heads up that if you'd like a free copy of Trac Brothers, the eBook is free on Amazon until Midnight on Sunday 4/29.

https://www.amazon.com/Trac-Brothers-Randy-D-Pearson-ebook/dp/B079KZC9QK

Cheers!

Smeg

And apparently, if you want a used paperback copy, someone is selling their copy on Amazon for $131.40. New ones are $13.99, but y'know, used is apparently more valuable. :grin:

Edited by Atari Smeghead