tf_hh

Some new (not really) hardware made by tfhh

Thanks for this, I believe it is just what I need. Can I copy a file from an XDOS disk to a DOS 2.5 disk..

Hi!

3 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

XDOS is not so much different to other command-line DOS versions. Here are some commands for command-line DOS versions (most of them work with SpartaDOS, BeweDOS, RealDOS, DOS XL, Happy DOS, DOS II+D, XDOS, etc.):

- DIR: directory, e.g. DIR D2:*.*

- CAR: cartridge (goes to cartridge, e.g. Atari Basic, if available; READY should appear)

- COP filename.ext: copy file(s), e.g. COP D1:*.*,D2:*.*

- LOA filename.ext: load binary file, e.g. LOA JAVA.EXE

- LOC or PRO: lock/protect file(s), e.g. LOC *.*

- UNL or UNP: unlock/unprotect file(s), e.g. UNL *.*

- DEL or ERA filename.ext: delete/erase file, e.g. DEL WIN.EXE

- REN filename.ext,newname.ext: rename file, e.g. REN DOOM.EXE,BOOM.EXE

- TYP filename.ext: type/display file on the screen, e.g. TYP ENIGMA.TXT

Attached you will also find a short reference card for XDOS (uses german language, but you should still understand most of it; Datei = file or filename.ext, Gerät = device, Quellgerät/Zielgerät = source device/destination device, Laufwerk = drive, Abkürzung = abbreviation). If you still have questions, feel free to ask. Think there was an english manual and reference-card for XDOS, but could not find it now...

In XDOS you can also type BON or BOF to switch Atari Basic (if available) on/off.

XDOS_24_RK.pdf 897.8 kB · 1 download

I did a google-translated version a while ago: XDOS-2.4_en.pdf

Have Fun!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

Thanks for this, I believe it is just what I need. Can I copy a file from an XDOS disk to a DOS 2.5 disk..

Yes you can, they are fully compatible in 90k format and with 130k format you can choose if you want MyDOS or DOS 2.5 compatibility. (If XDOS was set to MyDOS format, you can change this with a config file afair.)

On 4/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, hueyjones70 said:

OK, by numerous attempts using trial and error, I figured out why I couldn't get to BASIC.  I was operating in my OMNIVIEW 80 OS and there was no BASIC.  I still don't know how to use the XDOS commands.  I would like to be able to copy files at least.

My apologies for thread-bombing, but...

Do you fly Huey?

2 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

I did fly hueys for 25 years in the Army & National Guard

Thank you for your service.

3 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

I did fly hueys for 25 years in the Army & National Guard

😍💪👍

My all-time fav. chopper... I would love to own one... But I always wondered about total autonomy / range with 4-people on-board at normal cruise speed.

The sound of the Huey's blades shaving the air is something you never forget, no matter the time or place you may be... 

THANK YOU for your service !!!

Edited by Faicuai

@tf_hh: The small utilities for the 512k SRAM upgrade are released on a disk image with XDOS 2.4 f (where f = fast/ultraspeed) on it. This *can* cause problems, if someone uses e.g. two (real or emulated) floppy drives with different speeders, it seems. If one boots the disk on drive 1 with e.g. a Happy enhancement (or SIO2xyz set to Pokey divisor 10) and then copies a file to drive 2 with e.g. an XF551 - an Error 138 may occur and copying does not work, due to different speeders and/or different Pokey divisors.

Furthermore, afaik, XDOS 2.4f does not work up to Pokey divisor zero, so working with some SIO2xyz devices and XDOS 2.4f may also cause problems, if these devices (or a patched OS) are set to Pokey divisor zero or 1. I would suggest to use XDOS 2.4n (n = normal/slow) or simply DOS 2.5 instead for the utility disk (image). One user just reported to me, that he has problems with XDOS 2.4f, when he was using two drives (one of them a SIO2xyz device, the other a 3,5" drive) and I guess this could be the source of the problems...

Therefore find attached the 512k SRAM utilities a) on a DOS 2.5 and b) on a XDOS 2.4n disk image (90k single density format). 

SRAM_512k_tools.zip

• Like 2

Thank you for that file.  When I configure the RAM to 256K the 800XL acts just like a 130XE. I can run a Newell modified version of Atari Writer Plus that was written for 80 Columns using OmniView80 and the very old SpeedScript character font.  The Rambo and Wiztronics upgrades don't use separate Antic access and the program will not run with them.  The Newell 256KXL memory upgrade will run the program but they are very rare. I have only had two since I have been tinkering with Ataris. I still have one and I sold one. (BAD MOVE). If I can get this memory upgrade to work on the 1200XL I will have IMO the perfect Atari machine.

• Like 1