IGNORED

5200 OE HSC Challenge 04/2018 Robotron: 2084

zylon

Our game to explore this month is Robotron 2084. Default game with twin-control will be the main event, with single control as an alternate for those with only one control, or a bonus game for those who do. Even a stick with no working buttons will do.

Play on original systems with Atari-mfg controls. You may use any control coupling method you wish. C-clamps on coffee table was my personal choice in the old days. The only modern exceptions allowed are flashcarts/SD loaders running original Roms. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends when month does. .Bin from my actual cart below.

HSC records- Bust one or both for a bonus point or two!

Robotron 2084 -
(Level 1) (2 Controllers)
darthkur 558,350
(Level 1) (1 Controller)
Ballblazer 258,050

2-stick scores-

519,200 SINGLE TOOTH +5+4=9

381,950 sdamon +4+3=7

192,775 Hank Rearden +3+2=5

71,325 zylon +2+1=3

1-stick scores-

76,850 SINGLE TOOTH +4

60,575 sdamon +3

30,475 Hank Rearden +2

7,000 zylon +1

Standings:
sdamon - 11
Hank Rearden - 10
zylon - 6
SINGLE TOOTH - 2

Robotron 2084.BIN

Edited by zylon

Ass kickin' game, as was Black Widow if you've had a chance to play it. :) Now to figure out where I put that damn other controller. I'll likely play next week when I'm sitting at home. Too much on the mind this week and last.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

What about the best electronics replacement Mylar for the controllers and s video mods?

Upgraded parts and video are fine. I just upgraded from Rev-7 to Rev-9, lol.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

The rev 7 weren’t working anymore?

Nope. From all the years of contact cleaning, the fire button traces were shot and lifting. Also switched to the triple dot fire buttons instead of the early single dot style.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

You post the bins from your actual carts? How do you dump them?

Atarimax sells a flashcart prgrammer for A8 computers. It can also read carts inserted in reverse. :) I got one for 5200 and another for C64 from a seller in Europe years ago.

Ive never really played this version much. I never had a coupler before and it sucks without it. Also the gameplay is fairly choppy. You get used to it though. It does have very addictive gameplay. Makes me want to play the 7800 version and buy a coupler for that.

Sorry for spamming this thread but I keep getting higher scores. Ill hold off posting unless someone does better or I think the score is postworthy.

post-1274-0-18920600-1524018728_thumb.png