IGNORED

Ultimate Soccer Gold

Hi everyone.

I've been working for months in this secret project, a soccer game for the Intellivision.

You don't need to read this wall of text, just go to the bottom and download the demo of the amazing game I've developed.

Specifications:

It includes a complete league of international teams, names of famous players (slightly changed of course), statistics, goal tables, and so on. It's very difficult to work on a full team being displayed over the Intellivision screen given the limit of 8 sprites on screen but I think I've done a superb work here.

You can choose also alignments, arbiters, stadiums, weather. I've decided to not include exact names of famous players because they could get angry, and the licenses and soo, but I've decided to try my luck and wrote to several famous players, most agents simply answered no, but one from Argentina decided my game would be interesting, and surprise! we have his original name in this game. Play to see who is ;)

With so many options the overlays are a must in this game, also during the game there is a lot of options to throw the ball, doing passes, and shots to goal. Of course the 1+9 pause feature is there.

You can choose 5 minutes per game, 10 minutes or the usual 90 minutes per game, all rules are implemented included extra timing. Better to have replacement Intellivision controllers because you could break them playing this IMHO exciting game.

Also includes managing features, you don't need to play the game but only manage the team and get sure your club doesn't broke bringing players to your team. For more realistic management, you can sign your players to do advertisements, movies, radio programs and so.

Of course we've to get also some big names from the Intellivision scene for supporting this game and paying some licenses, they are doing this in altruist and anonymous way because they are willing to support the community (the guy who likes pink ponies is there, the guy who has a van is there, US and Canada together like in a dream without fighting over who is the best in Hockey)

As you can see the objectives for this game are very very more far than even Mattel could achieve, devise or dream for its own NASL Soccer game.

Implementation:

Probably you'll not read till this point because you've found a wall of text and you didn't wanted to read, but c'mon these plans in my head were really good, and these specs sound really well to be developed before the Russia's 2018 worldcup, unfortunately because of lack of budget we had to retract in several of these features, the reality is that we got a pretty nice title screen, and we got one nicely animated player in the screen but developer fled like a girl after he saw the requirements.

So instead of a Soccer game we got a game where a soccer player runs thru field and avoids sodas thrown by public. Simple, not? but our main business man enhanced the game like a genius putting "Gold" in the title.

Anyway, we really want to sell this game, it will be expensive, limited edition, complete in box, manual and overlays, plus a reference card of famous players. The first 25 copies will have a gold sticker of early bird.

Download:

Here is the first demo, once you see it, you'll start throwing money at us, believe it or not, but of course the final opinion is up to you. The kickstarter will come soon. ;)

Enjoy it! :)

post-30245-0-97957000-1522592712.gif

ultimate_soccer_gold.zip

• Like 15

Looks like a game for my buddy he can throw now legally sodacans at the player(s) (soda? me i only drink beer and throw fireworks on the field, i have a reputation to lose)

@intellivotion if i'm allowed to i will make one.

If that is the "gold" edition the final game will be "platin"?

Maybe it would have been wise to start with the "cardboard edition", it leaves more space for further changes.

Edited by Gernot
  • Like 1

why?

it is a playable game, there's no question about that (it leaks a bit of persuasion compared to sensible massacre)

but on the rest i wouldn't bet.

to be honest me to, i didn't thought for a second that it was 1th of april yesterday,

and by receiving something useful i didn't thought further about it.

I like the title screen, something must have inspired nanochess - panini stickers?

Edited by Gernot
  • Like 1

Cute! :lol:

:grin:

Any gifs available for those who are roaming on AA with their mobile phones and don't have immediate access to an emulator?

EDIT: thanks!

A GIF of the inside game would have ruined the joke! :grin:

Wow, the most realistic animations ever...this is the new running man! :)

Hehe :rolling:

I thought this was going to be an April Fools joke but to my surprise it's actually playable, and agree about the animation, very nice.

:party:

Looks like a game for my buddy he can throw now legally sodacans at the player(s) (soda? me i only drink beer and throw fireworks on the field, i have a reputation to lose)

@intellivotion if i'm allowed to i will make one.

If that is the "gold" edition the final game will be "platin"?

Maybe it would have been wise to start with the "cardboard edition", it leaves more space for further changes.

What a good idea! platinum edition! our business manager got short in his ideas. :dunce:

pardon me intellivotion but i didn't liked to spoil the fun.

attachicon.gifultimatesoccergold1.gif

:)

Nachoness creation?

Ponywise productions?

lol

Can we rename it Playable Ultimate April Fools Joke Gold?

That's a good alternative :grin:

lol

I got fooled !!!

One guy fooled, this guy happy :dunce:

Preview of the manager mode:

attachicon.gifshot0000.gif

Binary file that does exceptionally little, just to prove it isn't entirely made in an image editing program:

attachicon.gifmanager.rom

You've read my mind :)

why?

it is a playable game, there's no question about that (it leaks a bit of persuasion compared to sensible massacre)

but on the rest i wouldn't bet.

to be honest me to, i didn't thought for a second that it was 1th of april yesterday,

and by receiving something useful i didn't thought further about it.

I like the title screen, something must have inspired nanochess - panini stickers?

Damn! subliminal influence of Panini on my mind!!! :dunce:

But yep, only American guys on guard on April 1st :rolling:

• Like 1

And now here is the video of the "full" game :)

Maybe change the tiles to sprites to make him move smoother possibly 6 or 7 half 16 high sprites will fit. Double buffer GRAM to swap back and forth to avoid image being wormed in. Might be a lot of work and require lots of headache medicine. Replace smiley faces with ouchy fa- wait? This is an April Fool joke? Dang it. :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but what started out as a joke is very slowly becoming a real program. So far you can only swap players around, but I might actually work on this on spare time, another one of many started / unfinished IntyBASIC projects. Perhaps it'll even reach a state when I'm ready to enter it to the ongoing programming competition, though it should not be considered an entry just yet...

post-5454-0-22210000-1524839763.gif

post-5454-0-21335000-1524839776.gif

manager.zip

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 4/27/2018 at 4:38 PM, carlsson said:

what started out as a joke is very slowly becoming a real program

No actual progress over the past 3.5+ years, but perhaps 2022 is the year? Otherwise I'll have to update the temporary title screen.

shot0002.gif.b8c347bc14ad4beeecaa34e06986fe99.gif

Not sure about the title, but it is a word play on to feint, the soocer term fifty-fifty (*) and well.. you all know what Inty refers to.

(*) A loose ball on the field being approached by two players from opposite teams, both of whom appear to have an equal chance of obtaining possession or “winning” the ball. This often occurs when the ball is in the air or bouncing, though it may also describe a ball sitting or rolling on the field surface.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2018 at 7:17 AM, nanochess said:

As you can see the objectives for this game are very very more far than even Mattel could achieve, devise or dream for its own NASL Soccer game.

Even in jest you underestimate the Intellivision crew's ability to engage in flights of fantasy. Ideas floating around included training cameras on users to let them control their players using their own movements—just how preposterous an idea was that!

WJI

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2018 at 7:38 AM, carlsson said:

Call me crazy, but what started out as a joke is very slowly becoming a real program. So far you can only swap players around, but I might actually work on this on spare time, another one of many started / unfinished IntyBASIC projects. Perhaps it'll even reach a state when I'm ready to enter it to the ongoing programming competition, though it should not be considered an entry just yet...

Shouldn't be too hard to turn this into a fully completed TVPowww! game. Marv would be pleased—if he were alive today he would be ringing his bell with excitement.

WJI

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hm, I've never heard about a single button football manager game. It sounds like a game with very few options, or perhaps an automated menu system that boils down to pushing the button at the right moment to make the right menu choice.

shot0002.gif.e4a6174bd658defd3932b888776a4bbf.gif

• Like 2