IGNORED

Gridrunner Unlocked for Jeff Minter Classics on Atari Jaguar

Albert

IMG_8632.mp4

OH MY GOD!!

I was adamant I wasn't falling for this AprilFools bullshit, over the years Ive fallen for the Sonic Megadrive prank, the TombRaider Lara Croft PlayStation prank, Pokemon Mew prank, there was know way I was typing that loader shite in to be disappointed... 30 minuets pass and Its eating away at me... I have to try it, fire the Jag up still has the Llamasoft cart in Ive been that addicted to it, type it all in and nothing happens, "BASTARDS, THEY GOT ME!" realise Ive put double Z in wizardry so just to check I try again... MOUTH WIDE OPEN... ITS ONLY BLODDY GRIDRUNNER! Cant bloody believe it!!

• Like 8

I must say this is a lovely thing to have included in the cart and I hope everyone is enjoying the extra game! Really impressed with this release all round, excellent work from everybody involved, it's really made me smile :).

• Like 20

MULTIMEDIA CARTRIDGE!

Ordered this Llama multimedia cartridge and also Rebooteroids last night, will probably pick up more items from the AA store since I now finally broke the ice and created an account there. It a lot of stuff in it for the Jag nowadays, nice. (Next time probably will be Protector SE and Protector CD, and even laters maybe Skyhammer.)

Super excited! Glad to be back on track with getting new games.

• Like 6

:D Never call a Slav stupid, ya hear me?! Unless they can't count the games on a cart, that makes it perfectly ok. :)

Anyway, just the other day I remembered the Grid Runner video you posted and wondered what happened to that. Now I know. Do it to me again, please :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ha, so a friend of mine came over last night and we were talking about old games, and he had said his very first games for his C64 were Gridrunner and Sea Wolf. He loved Gridrunner, I told him I'd gotten it as a hidden game for the Jag! So we played it a bit last night.

Sadly I had the issue where it wouldn't detect the cartridge while the JagCD was attached! Otherwise it worked fine.

Edit: Nevermind everything is fine, I must have just not put it in the slot all the way, just tested it again this morning.

Edited by leech

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to change the direction of fire from the nose of the ship as in the st version where shift and alt change the shots? I have tried plugging another pad into port 2 but no matter which button I press I can't change the direction of fire. Does playing with the mouse in port two open up this control on a pad plugged into port 1?

It is a shame if this is an oversight as the option and pause buttons on the jagpad would have been ideal for this functìon.

Incidentally, if you get a high score over 150000 the whole 64 levels of the game (rather than the first 4) become available from the level select screen.

Gridrunner on the jag is a fantastic game and horribly addictive, even without the option to change the firing direction of the nose of the ship.

Is there any chance of Jeff Minter classics vol 2 with Andes Attack, Photon Storm and Hard core?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a bit off topic,but Jeff when talking of how he would of liked to of done Super Llamatron on the Jaguar,talked of:

Massive, complex maps,full of baddies,not just 1 arena.

Simultaneous 4 player games over linked Jaguar's.

Extreme speed and blastabilty..

Adrenaline rush and mad power up weapons.

Lots of fluffy beasties.

adapter for st mouse to jag?

BTW, I made some of these. I was trying to make a case for it as well, but there is not enough clearance. I supposes I could put it on a cable, but that seems more trouble than it is worth. If you would like one, they are $20 shipped to the US, $25 shipped anywhere else in the world. Add $15 for each one over 1 adapter (so, $35 for two to anywhere in the US, $50 for three, etc etc etc). Here are pictures. Let me know.

It just plugs into the Jag controller port and the ST mouse/trackball into the other. It works great with the ST Trackballs Best Electronics has for sale.

PM me for payment info. I will also add a page to my website for them.

post-16779-0-85915800-1537377488_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-50712000-1537377506_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacRorie
  • Like 4