IGNORED

Top Games You'd Like to Have for Atari 8-Bits

MrFish

2 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Brundles is great, although the character set based graphics and jerky block by block animation is the sticking point for me.

Yeah, a character-based version with single-pixel movement is something that could be done for an improvement; might even be possible to use Brundles as a basis for it.

3 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Yeah, a character-based version with single-pixel movement is something that could be done for an improvement; might even be possible to use Brundles as a basis for it.

I thought that. For me the full animation for Lemmings, which Tommingi totally nails, is a must.

6 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

For me the full animation for Lemmings, which Tommingi totally nails, is a must.

Part of the reason is he's using Antic D (BASIC 7), which has square pixels. So, he was able to take all the animation sequences from some existing version and use them directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Geister said:

Well, now that we have Doom, how about Doom II, Duke Nukem, and Quake?

I always preferred Marathon, especially for multiplayer; plus, Bungie released the developer tools (Forge & Anvil) with Infinity (3rd game in the series), for making maps, and editing physics, graphics, sounds, etc. A few years back they made these work with Intel Macs and released them for free. Marathon Trilogy Box Set

I would like to have buck hunt ,the light gun among other shooter games for the atari 7800,but as of now,i am already happy with my atari collection including the atari 2600,atari 5200 and atari 7800 among other atari systems along with nintendo games aside from atari and a few sega games for it,and since i am a huge nintendo fan,what could be better then  such cool (atari betray nintendo) picture😁🤣

36820567-60FF-4B5D-94A4-B5A2DD4FBD30.jpeg

Edited by johannesmutlu

3 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

for the atari 7800

Going back to Kansas is really quite easy Dorothy: all you have to do is close your eyes, tap your heels together 3 times, and think to yourself: "There's no place like home...".

image.thumb.png.d3833c1bc8fb06f06029f907baf63be3.png

• Sad 1

Sid Meier's Pirates!

I think this is well known.. I just looked it up in case if I misremembered it, but it seems that it was indeed even partially coded in basic. At least on C64.

Psi-5 Trading Company.

Fantasy.

Me and a friend played this a some time ago while going through some SNK PC compilation. There was no home release as as I know, but there's a Ti-99 Prototype out there.

Edited by Gatherer of Data
  • Like 1