IGNORED

Bad video out on gemini

Marsupial

I still own my coleco gemini that my parents bought off sears years back. It works. But the output is very weak, so you still see white noise with the image faint in it.

I know some do convert them to recent technologies, and that's not my intention. But I'd like to be able to see the fame correctly.

The rf converter I use dies work and is stolen from my NES - I just tested it on my SMS as functional. But the gemini is just faint. It has been like that for ages, it's getting worst as time goes by.

Anyone has ideas of what to check or change to bring back video?

Can't wait to play E.T....

First, the 2600 doesn't have the strength to drive the NES switchbox correctly- use either a straight coax connection, or a vintage-type switch box and see if it improves.

If not, then the Gemini is made from mostly custom parts. You'd probably want to get it AV modded...

• Like 1

Thanks for quickly chiming in guys! I appreciate it.

RCA to coax adapter straight to your TV's coax. You can use a RCA Composite switch box to switch between them. Coax switch box's severely degrade the signal and look like shit in comparison to the more direct hookup.

What is this RCA to coax adapter we are talking about? I would gladly use one!

I have no idea where the original converter is at. Sadly.

Yep. It works. My cable is ugly but it works.

It even looks good!

Now, not all my carts work :( but the console lives again!

Thanks a big lot guys :)

I am glad you got it up and running and yes that was the adapter I was referencing. I am sorry that ET is the only working cart you have. I use q-tips and 91% alcohol to clean my carts, use an eraser for harder games.

I am glad you got it up and running and yes that was the adapter I was referencing. I am sorry that ET is the only working cart you have. I use q-tips and 91% alcohol to clean my carts, use an eraser for harder games.

... ET wasn't the only working one, don't be scared!

3/4 were still working straight out of storage, and after some cleaning I was down to 5 unresponsive ones. After much more cleaning, I have only one Activision freeway (some sort of chicken run / frogger clone) that still isn't working. I opened it up, solders are OK, connections are clean, still nothing. I will try again another time. Maybe I need actual contact cleaner instead of alcohol.

Edited by Marsupial