IGNORED

Computer vs computer games?

eegad

Was just wondering if there were any 2 player games for the 8bits that you could set up as computer vs computer. Say something like a chess game, or golf or baseball, or a war/strategy game, etc where instead of selecting player against another player, or player vs computer, you could just have the computer play against itself and sit back and watch.

Was just wondering if there were any 2 player games for the 8bits that you could set up as computer vs computer. Say something like a chess game, or golf or baseball, or a war/strategy game, etc where instead of selecting player against another player, or player vs computer, you could just have the computer play against itself and sit back and watch.

Hardball (baseball game) - great graphics, an all around incredible production.

• Like 2

I think One on One Basketball allows computer vs computer too. I do believe Colossus Chess 4.x and Chessmaster 2000 can also be set to play themselves. I've been comparing those, with more to come, in a chess write up for Excel magazine. But so far I've been challenging the chess games against each other, with me making the moves on one machine for the other.

Edited by Gunstar

Archon's demo mode is actually computer vs computer. The demo is fun to watch and really does have the feel of watching two humans play.
  • Like 1

Archon's demo mode is actually computer vs computer. The demo is fun to watch and really does have the feel of watching two humans play.

I had originally thought archon also, but it doesn't actually have a computer vs computer choice. But watching the demo is just as good. You can learn some good moves watching that too!