IGNORED

Tandy 1000 Enhanced Graphics with Memory size website?

SnapCraft

So here's my problem: I have a Tandy 1000 HX with a CM-11 monitor (beauty!). I don't have the expansion memory so I'm only limited to 256K. Still waiting on one... :sleep:

Is there a website that lists games that take advantage of Tandy's enhanced graphics and how much memory they need?

If not, can some of you list some obscure ones?

Desperately need a title that uses Tandy's graphics with 256K.

Thanks

Problem is that most if not all require more memory and the requirement is not specifically stated.

I had a 1000 SL that came with 384K memory. I also had a problem running many games that used the enhanced graphics since there was no separate, dedicated graphics RAM. I was largely limited to standard CGA titles. I know that King's Quest 4 would definitely not run.

There was a hidden option with the BIOS setup to allocate less memory to graphics, but this ran the risk of crashing the system.

Gauntlet uses Tandy graphics and only requires 256K RAM according to Mobygames. In the link below you can click on "256K" and "Tandy/PCjr" for other games that meet those specs.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/gauntlet/techinfo

I had a 1000 SL that came with 384K memory. I also had a problem running many games that used the enhanced graphics since there was no separate, dedicated graphics RAM. I was largely limited to standard CGA titles. I know that King's Quest 4 would definitely not run.

I had King's Quest 4 for my 384K 1000 SL in 1989 and it worked fine. I still have it but my 1000 SL has been upgraded to 640K. There were 2 versions of KQ4 released. The most common used the SCI graphics engine and required 512K RAM which is the version you must have had. There was also a rarer version that used the original AGI engine (also used in KQ 1, 2, and 3) and required only 256K RAM.

Edited by ed1475