IGNORED

Best original 99/4(a) cassette games?

BassGuitari

Besides the Adventure games and Tunnels Of Doom, what do you guys think are some good games that came out on tape for the TI back in the '80s?

(Were there even very many?)

Or was cassette usage mainly limited to BASIC type-ins and such?

:)

Besides the Adventure games and Tunnels Of Doom, what do you guys think are some good games that came out on tape for the TI back in the '80s?

(Were there even very many?)

Or was cassette usage mainly limited to BASIC type-ins and such?

:)

How about some good ol' CSI Design/PS Software games:

-Wallaby

-Space Rescue (from the early days, 1980)

• Like 1

in 1984, a small company named Firefly released the original Castle Conquer and it had some clever routines in there for animation. It's virtually unheard of now because it was UK only and no copies of it exist in working order. I consider that to be among the best tape-games but I'm only going from memory. If you see it anywhere now it's the one I remade recently.

• Like 2

in 1984, a small company named Firefly released the original Castle Conquer and it had some clever routines in there for animation. It's virtually unheard of now because it was UK only and no copies of it exist in working order. I consider that to be among the best tape-games but I'm only going from memory. If you see it anywhere now it's the one I remade recently.

Looks like these guys might have it, at least there looks to be a picture of the box or manual:

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/40419/Castle-Conquer/

• Like 1

Looks like these guys might have it, at least there looks to be a picture of the box or manual:

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/40419/Castle-Conquer/

Thanks Toucan. Yeah they have it on cassette, I spoke to them some time ago regarding it, they said the tape was in bad condition. I was asking them about releasing the code for digital copies to preserve it but was met with absolutely no joy.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:47 AM, sometimes99er said:

Hi Joe

So was your own Castle Conquer a take on that game by FireFly ?

Also, at some point you included a font like the one below. Is that something you made yourself ?

castle.conquer.png

Hi Karsten, I ought to let everyone know, this is me (retrospect, joe ) in my new profile.  I've lost the login details and email details for me normal one so made this one.  So I thought a change of name was a nice idea and have decided, since I was ignored by the original owners of "firefly" when I said I wanted to carry on the brand-name, that I'd do it myself.  

Yes my own Castle Conquer is a take on the original one by Firefly in 1983.  Their game was 4 screens initially, but once you'd completed those you had to go back the way you came so you did 8 screens.  The font I used there was copied from the C64 version of Ghosts N Goblins if I remember correctly! Sorry it took so long to get back to you :)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Firefly said:

Hi Karsten, I ought to let everyone know, this is me (retrospect, joe ) in my new profile.  I've lost the login details and email details for me normal one so made this one.  So I thought a change of name was a nice idea and have decided, since I was ignored by the original owners of "firefly" when I said I wanted to carry on the brand-name, that I'd do it myself.

Good to have you back - in whatever form that might be.

man playing basketball

19 hours ago, Firefly said:

Yes my own Castle Conquer is a take on the original one by Firefly in 1983.  Their game was 4 screens initially, but once you'd completed those you had to go back the way you came so you did 8 screens.  The font I used there was copied from the C64 version of Ghosts N Goblins if I remember correctly! Sorry it took so long to get back to you :)

image.png.52a407d05bbdd54e5c0fdb7f7ff4b271.png

• Like 2