IGNORED

ColEm Emulator for Windows, Android, and Linux

That works. But, while is easy do to so in Windows, placing the Splicevision or the Onyx BIOS in ColEm directory using Android isn't. That is why a out-of-the-box support with the BIOSes included, just like the original Colecovision BIOS is already packed with ColEm, would be much better.

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2021 at 8:23 AM, Carlos Baldo said:

That works. But, while is easy do to so in Windows, placing the Splicevision or the Onyx BIOS in ColEm directory using Android isn't. That is why a out-of-the-box support with the BIOSes included, just like the original Colecovision BIOS is already packed with ColEm, would be much better.

This is included and all you have to do is place COLECO.ROM file into /sdcard/ColEm. If you have a newer phone (Android9+), this may not work though due to Google's "security" changes. In this case, you have to place the same COLECO.ROM file into app's private directory (that is where File Selector shows up when the app is first run).

• 2 months later...

Hello, All!

I've released ColEm 5.6.2 for Android, another update to my ColecoVision and Coleco Adam emulator:

This release fixes several bugs and adds Chinese language translation helpfully provided by David Chen. It should fix whatever issues occurred on newer AndroidTV devices running Android 10+. If you are still having problems running the app on AndroidTV, please, let me know.

As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder: 
ALL CHANGES:
* Added support for newer Android TV versions using SAF.
* Fixed lost file handle issue detected by FDSAN.
* Added Chinese translation made by David Chen.
* Switched to Android Build Tools 30.0.3.

Have fun!
Edited by GarageResearch

• 2 months later...

Hello, All!

I've published ColEm 5.6.3 for Android, a new release of my ColecoVision and Coleco Adam emulator:

This release targets Android 11 (SDK-30 API) and fixes a bunch of issues, including virtual gamepad on Android 12 devices and assigning gamepad buttons to keypad keys. Several possible crashes and a security issue when unpacking .ZIP files have also been fixed, among other things.

Please, note that the method to get cheats back has changed in this version. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file and CLICKING ON IT in the File Selector:

ALL CHANGES:
* Hopefully fixed virtual gamepad issues on Android 12.
* Fixed gamepad button assignments to keyboard keys.
* Fixed vulnerability when unzipping files, as reported by Google.
* Fixed state files not getting deleted when requested.
* Fixed possible crash when unpausing app during exit sequence.
* Fixed possible crash in the State Exchange.
* Fixed virtual gamepad shape reloading multiple times.
* Refactored virtual gamepad layout mechanism.
* Lowest supported Android version is Android 4.4 (SDK-19) now.
* Now targeting Android 11 (SDK-30).

Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Hello, All!

I've published ColEm 5.6.4 for Android, a new release of my ColecoVision and Coleco Adam emulator:

This release applies the final fix to keyboard key assignments and replaces the complete path in the File Selector title bar with a folder name. 

As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file and clicking on it in the File Selector:

ALL CHANGES:

* Another fix to gamepad assignments to keyboard keys.
* Now showing folder name in the title instead of complete path.
* Now disabling keyboard options if there is no keyboard.

Have fun!
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I see , thanks for checking

For the developer , would it be possible to add support for .zip files in the future ?

Because I have all my Coleco/Atari stuff in different folders around my hdd , and it'd be great to be able to run them as they are

I'm sure there would be others to appreciate such feature as well

Best regards

• 8 months later...

Is there any status on this?  Been awhile, is the author still around?

I am working on several ADAM projects.

1) FPGA core for the Phoenix with complete 80 column support.  This includes updating all text based "production" software, not games, to run natively in 80 columns.
2) FPGA core than can be used with any capable chip.

3) In current progress, a DOS replacement for Smart Writer and EOS.  (great progress made but only in 40 columns).  Run from Expansion Rom, Disk or Data Pack and utilize all ram expansion, devices and drivers like SymbOS for the MSX.

4) A chip replacement for Smart Writer for whomever wants to do that.

My road blocks are coming from the lack of emulators being updated which is results from people do have lives to live.

So, if I can request that the ADAM be fully implemented in COLEM.  CoolCV, from my experiments, does not have access to an expansion rom whereas COLEM does.

I also ask that an option to be able to use any modified rom in place of the Smart Writer.
Believe me, I have tried.  I used the proper sequence, set the memory addresses and copies EOS to the proper location at $E000 then initialized with EOS Start ect....  Nope, COLEM on error throws you into Colecovision mode no matter what.

MAME actually checks the checksum for roms instead of just doing.... which I find can be annoying.  No way to update your BIOS so you are stuck.

If I even have the will to attempt writing eproms and swapping out chips on real equipment then I will just give up so I need emulators to hand this load for me.

So please, if anyone is listening.

I know Z80 like the back of my hand and if I knew C++ I would be writing my own emulators but I don't.  I slept through that part of class in college.

I need your help.

CC

Edited by Captain Cozmos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

What problem are you having with the shift key?

Wrong character comes up.
It seems to be counting the shift key as an ASCII character instead of counting it as a modifier.
First it prints the ASCII character then it will print the intended Capital A or :

Debugging my program which works just fine using CoolCV, MAME/MESS, ADAM SDL 2.1f and real equipment.

Sometimes the keys don't register until multiple presses
Maybe it's just the ADAM is still buggy in COLEM.