IGNORED

ColEm Emulator for Windows, Android, and Linux

No longer works again and I changed nothing.

Alt page up or down does nothing.

No sound going out to the sound mixer at all.

I used the menu to turn off sound then back to 22khz default. One loud beep then nothing.

Fixed it.
Apparently he set this up to HAVE TO run as administrator.

Why something this rinky dink would need high level and secure access is beyond my pay grade.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you...I already am, one that is not for sale and actually works.

How about learn "Modern" programing because being stuck in the DOS era is not doing you justice.

As I mentioned in my last post.  I got your emulator working by using Admin privileges.
Why you need admin for a nothing emulator is beyond my comprehension but you might want to address that the next time you compile it with your Windows 98, 286 based PC.

Edited by Mike Harris

Quote "Mike, I do not advertise my own stuff like that, even in support threads."

Quote "ColEm Deluxe for Android is currently on the $1.99 sale at Google Play:"

Lets not play, you are defending your business and attack those who comment negatively instead of just fixing your product.

Just the simple fact that you refuse to inform me about true Coleco Palette and giving me the runaround tells all.

As far as I was concerned I wasn't going to engage you at all ever again until you had to start today.

I have my own issues developing Coleco software than to deal with you anymore so MARAT, you stay on your side of the planet and I will stay on mine.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Mike Harris

• 1 month later...

Another ColEm Deluxe $1.99 sale is going on:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.colem.deluxe

PS: Sorry for the lack of development news, have been busy with life lately. There is a native AndroidTV UI rewrite in progress, so TV users may expect something interesting (and likely broken) very soon. While the current UI works on AndroidTV, Google has been breaking TV compatibility with mainstream Android for a while now. Thus it is getting more and more difficult to maintain that traditional UI compatible with AndroidTV.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello, All!

I have just published ColEm 4.7.1, emulating ColecoVision gaming console on Android:

In this release, I fixed gamepad button assignment problems some people had. I have also made box art show up immediately as it gets downloaded and added native support for 64bit Intel CPUs. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

See below for all the changes in this release.

ALL CHANGES:
* Completely refactored File Selector code.
* Fixed gamepad button assignments.
* Fixed box art not showing up after download.
* Added native 64bit Intel support.

PS: Speccy Deluxe, my Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator, is on $2.99 sale for the next few days:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, All!

I have just published ColEm 4.7.2, emulating ColecoVision gaming console on Android:

This release introduces that new AndroidTV interface, based on Google's Leanback APIs. Please, email me if you encounter any problems with the new UI. I have also added more tactile feedback options, fixed virtual buttons getting too large or small on some devices, and made a few more fixes. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

See below for all the changes in this release.

ALL CHANGES:
* Added completely new, modern AndroidTV interface.
* Please, email me if you encounter any issues with the new AndroidTV UI.
* Fixed virtual buttons getting too large or too small.
* Now properly wiping current screenshot when box art downloaded.
* Added 5ms and 10ms tactile feedback options.
* ColEm will not auto-start ColEm Deluxe if both are installed.

PS: MasterGear, my Sega MasterSystem and GameGear emulator, is on $2.99 sale for the next few days:

Edited by GarageResearch
Fixing broken links.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, All!

I have released ColEm 4.7.3, my ColecoVision console emulator for Android:

This release makes virtual gamepad look the same in all screen resolutions and fixes a bunch of real and potential crashes. I have also improved the AndroidTV interface and switched to the newest AndroidX and Firebase APIs. It means that starting with this version, the app requires Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or a newer Android version to run. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

Finally, ColEm Deluxe is currently on $2.99 sale at Google Play. Get it while it's cheap. See below for all the changes in this release.

ALL CHANGES:
* App now requires Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean) to run.
* Fixed virtual buttons getting too large or too small.
* Improved the new AndroidTV interface.
* Fixed rare division by zero when creating icon tiles.
* Fixed missing method crash in the new AndroidTV UI.
* Fixed null pointer crash when starting new AndroidTV UI.
* Fixed null pointer crash when visiting Google Play.
* Changed Apache HTTP library linkage.
* Switched to "androidx.leanback.*" APIs.
* Switched to Firebase for reporting.
* Switched to Gradle 5.6.

Enjoy!
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, All!

I have published ColEm 4.7.4, an update to my ColecoVision console emulator for Android:

This update adds standard AndroidTV search functionality and makes physical keyboard navigation possible. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

ALL CHANGES:

* Added standard AndroidTV search functionality.
* Enabled navigation with [DPAD_CENTER], [DELETE], and [ESCAPE] keys.
* Now ignoring repeated keypresses.

PS: My Sega MasterSystem and GameGear emulator is currently on $2.99 sale at Google Play:

Hello, All!

I've just released the free ColEm 4.8 for Windows and Linux, with the source code for those interested in porting ColEm to other platforms:

http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ -- homepage
    http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ColEm48-Source.zip -- portable source code

This release fixes AY8910 PSG emulation used by the SGM games. I've also corrected the gameplay state saving for games containing SRAM. See below for all the changes.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed state saves for games using SRAM.
* Fixed wrong SRAM contents being saved.
* Fixed SGM AY8910 wave effects.
* Now updating sound every 8 scanlines.
* Now muting AY8910 channels when Fnum is set to 0.
* Enabled AY8910 sound channels in ColEm-Unix.

Enjoy!

PS: fMSX Deluxe, my complete MSX and MSX2 emulator for Android, is currently on $2.99 sale:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, All!

I have published ColEm 4.8 for Android, a new version of my ColecoVision console emulator:

This release is based on the portable ColEm 4.8 sources, released about two weeks ago. It fixes saving games equipped with battery-backed SRAM and also improves Super Game Module sound emulation. I have also added support for files with ".col" extension. Finally, there is a bunch of fixes to the Android UI. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

ALL CHANGES:
* Based on the portable ColEm 4.8 sources.
* Fixed state saves for games using SRAM.
* Fixed wrong SRAM contents being saved.
* Fixed SGM AY8910 wave effects.
* Now muting AY8910 channels when Fnum is set to 0.
* Now updating sound every 8 scanlines.
* Added support for .COL file extension.
* Fixed double clicks starting two game instances on some devices.
* Fixed screen going blue on some Androids, such as Chromebooks.
* Fixed settings not being applied after changing them in Preferences.
* Modified "Changes" dialog to keep Google approval drones happy.

PS: My Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator is currently on $2.99 sale at Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.speccy.deluxe

1 hour ago, Ikrananka said:

Just a different file extension.  It get's rather annoying in the Windows version to have to keep changing the file selector to *.* to see my rom files.

All right, I am going to add .bin and .col to the Windows version before I forget. Next Windows release will support them. As to the Android version, some people report that the .col extension is still not working. Going to check that.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, All!

I have released ColEm 4.8.1 for Android, a new version of my ColecoVision console emulator:

This release adds support for files with ".bin" extension and makes File Selector show both ".col" and ".bin" files properly, in addition to ".rom" and ".cv" files. The Advanced Settings will now do its best to behave gracefully when you try opening an inaccessible folder. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

ALL CHANGES:
* ColEm Deluxe is currently on -30% sale at Google Play.
* Added support for .BIN file extension.
* Fixed display of .COL and .BIN files in the File Selector.
* Advanced Settings now switch to app folder when current folder unavailable.
* Advanced Settings will not allow to select unavailable folders.

Have fun!

1 hour ago, GarageResearch said:
Hello, All!

I have released ColEm 4.8.1 for Android, a new version of my ColecoVision console emulator:

This release adds support for files with ".bin" extension and makes File Selector show both ".col" and ".bin" files properly, in addition to ".rom" and ".cv" files. The Advanced Settings will now do its best to behave gracefully when you try opening an inaccessible folder. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

ALL CHANGES:
* ColEm Deluxe is currently on -30% sale at Google Play.
* Added support for .BIN file extension.
* Fixed display of .COL and .BIN files in the File Selector.
* Advanced Settings now switch to app folder when current folder unavailable.
* Advanced Settings will not allow to select unavailable folders.

Have fun!

As mentioned before, Squish'em Sam and Sewer Sam still do not have the digitized voices and now Wizard of War doesn't either. If I'm missing some audio setting I apologize. Otherwise, It would be nice to have that added to your fine emulator.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, All!

I have released ColEm 4.8.2 for Android, a new version of my ColecoVision console emulator:

This release fixes a few file system navigation issues, not allowing the user to enter inaccessible folders. I've also made sure that when you click on an app in the toolbar, it attempts to launch paid versions of the apps before falling back to free versions. As you remember, I had to disable cheat features to avoid Google staff banning ColEm from the store. You can easily reenable cheats though by downloading this file to your Downloads folder:

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed AndroidTV file browser getting stuck on unavailable folders.
* Fixed File Selector getting stuck on unavailable folders.
* AndroidTV browser will point to "Folders" row after changing folder.
* Toolbar now tries running paid apps before defaulting to free ones.
* Added a message dialog when directing users to Google Play.

PS: In related news, VGBAnext, my universal GBA, GBC, and NES emulator, is on $2.99 sale for the next few days:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.emu

Edited by GarageResearch
  • Like 1