IGNORED

The Atari Lynx HandyCast Podcast

LynxHandyCaster

EPISODE 11 Zarlor Mercenary (feedback photo)

Greetings, fellow Lynxters!

I'm now working on EPISODE 11: Zarlor Mercenary. So please shoot your feedback to me for this fantastic shoot-em-up as soon as you can...
...don't make me hunt you down. 'Cause you know I'll do it.

Eat. Sleep. LYNX. Repeat.

-MillipedeMan

a.k.a. Mark

sml_gallery_40064_2064_644584.jpg

Edited by MillipedeMan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

EPISODE 11 Zarlor Mercenary feature photo 2000x1200

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway.

Stupid Mendicants.

Well, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 11: Zarlor Mercenary is available for listening and/or downloading! Please check it out and let me know what you think. You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Stitcher

Google Play

TuneIn

Spotify

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in for EPISODE 12:KLAX as soon as you can. Thanks!

In the meantime, don't miss this wild-and-woolly shoot-em-up episode!

Edited by LynxHandyCaster
  • Like 1

Dy17awLWkAAv2wd

I hope to get EPISODE 12: KLAX of the Atari Lynx HandyCast out to the podisphere around February 18 or so.
Lynxters, you know what to do. Submit your feedback about KLAX (or any game or Lynx memory) by clicking on one of the following links:

Or you can just submit your feedback as a reply to this post. Cheers, everyone, and Keep On Lynxing!

• Like 1

I hope to get EPISODE 12: KLAX of the Atari Lynx HandyCast out to the podisphere around February 18 or so.
Lynxters, you know what to do. Submit your feedback about KLAX (or any game or Lynx memory) by clicking on one of the following links:

Or you can just submit your feedback as a reply to this post. Cheers, everyone, and Keep On Lynxing!

"Yeah!"

Best Lynx game ever, which is saying something. Please give it lots of love.:)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

WhatsGoingOnImage

Hi.

Many of you Lynxters might be wondering what's going on with the Atari Lynx HandyCast. You are right to wonder.

Well, unfortunately, life has very much gotten in the way over the last few months, including being very, very busy at work, and also dealing with family issues (including the untimely passing of my younger brother earlier this month).

I appreciate everyone's patience while I try to get back into the regular groove of releasing a new episode of the HandyCast every month, but at this point, I don't know when that will be. My hope is that I can get the partially finished KLAX episode out sometime in June, but that may not happen.

I am still very committed to doing the podcast on a regular basis; I just need some time to sort through the obstacles that life has thrown at me, especially since my brother's passing. Please be patient, and I promise you all that I'll get back to it.

And when I do, everyone here will be the first to know.

Thanks. 1f642.png :)

Very sorry to hear about your brothers passing. :( Hopefully life will be back on track soon!

One thing about the handycast. Have you ever thought of grouping some of the "not so great" titles together, for example 2-4 in one show? I know that it's a bit against the game by game approach of the show so I'm just throwing it out there. I would still find it as a big proof of will power (and a bit comedic too) to create a 1-2h high quality episode of for example "kung food" or "basketbrawl" :grin:

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's not Tetris...

...it's BETTER.

It's KLAX.

Well, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 12: KLAX is FINALLY available for listening and/or downloading! Please check it out and let me know what you think. You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Stitcher

Google Play

iHeart Radio

Spotify

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in for EPISODE 13: Warbirds, coming in March, as soon as you can.

...YEAH!!!

https://atarilynxhandycast.net/?p=960

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LynxHandyCaster said:

It's not Tetris...

...it's BETTER.

It's KLAX.

Well, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 12: KLAX is FINALLY available for listening and/or downloading! Please check it out and let me know what you think. You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Stitcher

Google Play

iHeart Radio

Spotify

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in for EPISODE 13: Warbirds, coming in March, as soon as you can.

...YEAH!!!

https://atarilynxhandycast.net/?p=960

Yessss!

• Like 1

I just started listening to the podcast as my interest in the Lynx has been rekindled thanks to the Evercade system. I owned a Lynx the day they were released and bought games right up until the Jaguars launch. Warbirds was one of the games I remember mainly because my computer at the times could not run modern flight simulators and Warbirds was just so good looking and fun to play. Unlike Blue Lightning you had full control of where you wanted to go, loop-to-loops were encouraged and it felt so real at the time. Excellent graphics helped get me into the game and Atari did a great job on the manual with artwork from the artist who did the Atarian fan club art. Multiplayer was also a blast and Warbirds was one of the few games my brother, 4 years my senior, would play with me on the Lynx. One of the best Lynx exclusives and it remains fun to this day.  

• Like 1

large.509550976_EPISODE13-Warbirds(feedbackphoto).jpg.aabf801d4bfe3e75e265273632cb6520.jpg

Tally-Ho, and Chocks Away, Chaps!

I'm currently finishing up research for EPISODE 13 of The HandyCast. So don't be a slacker and forget to submit your feedback (email and/or audio submission) for the classic Atari Lynx title Warbirds.

Please send all feedback to mark@atarilynxhandycast.net as soon as possible.

Curse You, Red Baron!

• Haha 1

Great episode.  I've only recently purchased a Lynx II, but its already been modified (McWill LCD) and upgraded (thank you @-^CrossBow^- ). I've also purchased an AgaCart (thank you @rj1307) and am enjoying listening to all of your episodes, as I get to explore the Lynx library for the very first time.

Klax is amazing on the LYNX.  Can't get enough of it.  

Thanks for continuing your Podcast.?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Tally-Ho, and Chocks Away, Chaps!

Don't miss my coverage of a very fun flight simulator/action title...EPISODE 13: Warbirds is now available wherever podcasts are sold!

Curse You, Red Baron!

Well, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 13: Warbirds is FINALLY available for listening and/or downloading! Please check it out and let me know what you think. You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Amazon Music

Deezer

Google Play

iHeart Radio

Pandora

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in for EPISODE 14: Qix, coming in February, as soon as you can.

...Crikey!!!

https://atarilynxhandycast.net/?p=1364

• Thanks 1

1521223995_EPISODE14-QiX(feedbackphoto).thumb.jpg.c2807d499cea04db93b3c8ad48bc2905.jpg

Silly Rabbit, QiX is for kids!

Now is the time to submit your feedback (email and/or audio submission) for one of my favorite arcade titles of the 1980s, the 1991 Atari Lynx port, QiX.

Please send all feedback to mark@atarilynxhandycast.net as soon as possible.

It's not KLAX, it's QiX! So box in that Swirling Helix!

Today is the 3rd Anniversary of The Atari Lynx HandyCast...YAY!

So how do we celebrate? By listening to a new episode, of course.

Yes, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 14: QiX is now available wherever podcasts are sold. Please check it out and let me know what you think. You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Amazon Music

Deezer

Google Play

iHeart Radio

Pandora

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in for EPISODE 15: Basketbrawl, coming in March, as soon as you can.

Silly Rabbit...QiX are for kids. It's not KLAX, it's QiX! So box in that Swirling Helix!

https://atarilynxhandycast.net/?p=1964

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LynxHandyCaster said:

large.1679221586_EPISODE15-Basketbrawl(feedbackphoto).jpg.1570c8d43a2dab6661adecd3971a1a4d.jpg

Now is the time to submit your feedback (email and/or audio submission) for the next game I'll be covering on the Atari Lynx HandyCast, Basketbrawl.

Please send all feedback to mark@atarilynxhandycast.net by February 20.

Thanks, all you wonderful Lynxsters!!!

Sorry...got the wrong date on the original post. I can accept feedback up to February 24, not just February 20. I regret the error. ?

• 1 month later...

large.1381308626_EPISODE15-Basketbrawl(featurephoto).jpg.2d2ce3f48efe23830ac95428fbc38ea3.jpg

Dribble! Lay-up! Foul! Punch! Kick! Get prepared for full-court a fight!

Yes, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 15: Basketbrawl is now available wherever podcasts are sold. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Amazon Music

Deezer

Google Play

iHeart Radio

Pandora

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in for EPISODE 16: Robo-Squash, coming in April, as soon as you can.

https://atarilynxhandycast.net/?p=2093

• Like 2