IGNORED

The Atari Lynx HandyCast Podcast

LynxHandyCaster

On 10/6/2021 at 8:47 PM, LynxHandyCaster said:

392832420_EPISODE22-Paperboy(feedbackphoto).thumb.png.691b21600175f346291899a9cc803f20.png

Now is the time to submit your feedback (email and/or audio submission) for the next game I'll be covering on the Atari Lynx HandyCast,
Paperboy.

Please comment here or send all feedback to mark@atarilynxhandycast.net by October 15.

Thanks, all you beautiful Lynxsters!!!

Ah Paperboy. Takes me back to when I delivered newspapers as a kid. Probably not as many obstacles though. Obstacles like the Grim Reaper, tombstones, roaming dogs, etc. Speaking of which, perhaps you can use your podcast to settle a long standing debate: Is that guy break dancing or pulling on a pair of pants?

Four Atari Fuji's out of five.

Keep those batteries charged.

Derek D.

Brandon, MB

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

958387083_EPISODE22-Paperboy(featurephoto).thumb.png.f5e029fbfc9a23131a355bd2391f12cc.png

Extra! Extra! Hear all about it! Paper Boy Collides His Bike With The Grim Reaper!

Yes, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 22: Paperboy, yet another arcade port on the Atari Lynx,

is now available wherever podcasts are sold. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Amazon Music

Deezer

Google Play

iHeart Radio

Pandora

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in to me for EPISODE 23: A.P.B., coming in December, as soon as you can. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1544594808_EPISODE23-APB-AllPointsBulletin(feedbackphoto).thumb.png.43fbf725969be7f87127fef1a949761d.png

Now is the time to submit your feedback (email and/or audio submission) for the next game I'll be covering on the Atari Lynx HandyCast,
APB - All Points Bulletin.

I need to get two episodes out this month to stay on track with the schedule. So please comment here or send all feedback to mark@atarilynxhandycast.net by December 11.

Thanks, all you beautiful Lynxsters!!!
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2021 at 10:22 PM, LynxHandyCaster said:

958387083_EPISODE22-Paperboy(featurephoto).thumb.png.f5e029fbfc9a23131a355bd2391f12cc.png

Extra! Extra! Hear all about it! Paper Boy Collides His Bike With The Grim Reaper!

Yes, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 22: Paperboy, yet another arcade port on the Atari Lynx,

is now available wherever podcasts are sold. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

You can listen to the episode HERE, or you can find The HandyCast at these locations:

Apple Music (iTunes)

Amazon Music

Deezer

Google Play

iHeart Radio

Pandora

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Twitter

Also, please get your feedback in to me for EPISODE 23: A.P.B., coming in December, as soon as you can. Thanks!

I bought paperboy recently for the atari lynx and while it is a good port,but it does lacks the 2 player support from both the nes,gameboy and arcade version,wich i consider a bysmal,am mean why they didn’t added 2 player support in the lync is is absolute beyond me,theres was no excuse to leave that out on the lynx😡😡😡

another thing i will never understand is that while atari’s paper boy did appear on dozens of other systems including sega and nintendo systems,but it did at average not appear on the atari 2600,atari 5200 ans the atari 7800,and while i do know that atari pulled the plug from the atari 5200 in 1984, but what kind of bysmsl decision was that to not bring that game out for any atari 8bit system?? It only came out on atleast the atari st and atari lynx,am mean ,WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

damn am still surprised that the lynx version does lack two player support.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've always been enjoying the HandyCasts too! It can be a bit disheartening with the low amount of feedback when you do stuff for a niche system within a niche hobby. I would say the situation has become even a bit worse since retro gaming has become increasingly popular. Feels like there's a hundred games a month coming out for the retro platforms at this point. I suppose there might be a degree of over-exposure now and it becomes impossible to keep up with it all. However, hopefully you will find the inspiration to continue with the HandyCast at some point. 😊👍

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Finally spent some time today writing the outline for the latest episode of the HandyCast (EPISODE 23: A.P.B.-All Points Bulletin), which I had started writing almost two years ago (!!!). I'm picking up about halfway through the process, and I think I can finish writing it by the end of this weekend. Then I can gather the sound samples that I'll need, do the principle recording with Monty and me, then edit it, and then finally post it. It won't be in September as I had hoped, but definitely in early October.

Thank you all for your patience as I finally get the gears started back up on getting new episodes of the HandyCast out. But until I get #23 out, just KEEP ON LYNXING!

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

image.thumb.png.6061f7edd75ad60e589e0b516a314350.png

Calling All Cars! Calling All Cars! Officer bob's face is burned to a crisp after getting more than 10 demerits! That is all.

Yes, fellow Lynxters, EPISODE 23: APB-All Points Bulletin, yet another arcade port on the Atari Lynx,

Apple Music (iTunes)

Amazon Music

Deezer

iHeart Radio

Pandora

Spotify

TuneIn

Website

Blog Page

Facebook

Also, please get your feedback in to me for EPISODE 24: Rygar アルゴスの戦士 (Warrior of Argus), coming in November, as soon as you can. Thanks!

Edited by LynxHandyCaster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not gonna lie, it's a bit embarrassing now to admit it, but I was genuinely worried you had died @LynxHandyCaster. Don't get me wrong, take all the time you want getting the content out, and feel free to stop any time you want. I was just very concerned when there was no apparent update, even to say you were stepping away from the podcast for a while, after such regular postings, and it being a rough couple of years and all for everyone. Happy to see the new episode, but even happier to know you're still above ground!

• Like 2

Hey!  A new episode!  Glad to see you back!  It was a bit funny hearing my feedback for APB mentioning that I was at Disney for the Christmas stuff.  That's coming up for me to do in a little over a month.  Anyhow, I've listened to the episode and it was to its usual standards.  Thanks for continuing to make the podcast!  :)

• Like 3

On 10/31/2023 at 7:23 PM, cubanismo said:

I'm not gonna lie, it's a bit embarrassing now to admit it, but I was genuinely worried you had died @LynxHandyCaster. Don't get me wrong, take all the time you want getting the content out, and feel free to stop any time you want. I was just very concerned when there was no apparent update, even to say you were stepping away from the podcast for a while, after such regular postings, and it being a rough couple of years and all for everyone. Happy to see the new episode, but even happier to know you're still above ground!

Well, Cubanismo, you can rest assured that I am still alive; maybe not kicking because of my bad knee, but still above ground. And I did post some updates on The Atari Lynx HandyCast Facebook page during the past 23 months, but I could have expanded those updates to other platforms, such as the Atari Age Lynx forums; sorry about that. Thanks so much for your concern, and Keep On Lynxing!

Edited by LynxHandyCaster
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 11:11 PM, TrekMD said:

Hey!  A new episode!  Glad to see you back!  It was a bit funny hearing my feedback for APB mentioning that I was at Disney for the Christmas stuff.  That's coming up for me to do in a little over a month.  Anyhow, I've listened to the episode and it was to its usual standards.  Thanks for continuing to make the podcast!  :)

Thanks for sticking with The HandyCast during its long absence from the feeds, Eugenio. And I am looking forward to receiving your feedback for today’s game, Rygar. Please Keep Going to the Final Frontier (Gaming), and Keep On Lynxing...Cheers!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LynxHandyCaster said:

And I did post some updates on The Atari Lynx HandyCast Facebook page during the past 23 months,

Ah, that explains it. Not on social media myself. I did try to browse your Twitter updates, back when that's what it was called, but that's as far as I got. Cheers!

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.af0e6d494754d76deb25a7ef94d6bb22.png

Pretty scary feedback photo, eh?

Rygar.

Please comment here or send all feedback to mark@atarilynxhandycast.net by November 18.

Thanks, all you beautiful Lynxters!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished the APB show. I have this game on my multi-cart but I never thought to try it. How was I supposed to know what APB stood for? I figured it was just some test ROM. After listening to the podcast, I gave it a try, as I have with so many games I ignored before, and it's awesome. This is going in my regular rotation. After a little practice, I got used to gripping my Lynx such that I could lay my thumb out horizontally across both the B and A buttons and get that siren blaring while maintaining full speed. On my 4th try, I even managed to capture the first "grungy gangster," and earned a total of $11,400! The game is pretty hard, but seems fair. I could see going on some epic runs once I got a bit better at driving and memorized more donut/gas station locations.

I see I'm already past the deadline for Rygar feedback, and it's about bedtime, so I'm going to avoid throwing that one on at the moment. Regardless, very much looking forward to the next episode!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm going to leave some Rygar thoughts anyway, just in case:

This is a pretty fun game. I like the graphics, and the music is catchy, if a bit repetitive. I think I'm going to have it running through my head for days now. I found the game a bit slow to get going. It didn't really get challenging (for me) until the 4th or 5th level. The game has some nice touches though. The ropes you can climb, sway back and forth on, and still throw your shield are a cool gameplay variation, and very well done. Overall, I had some fun with this one for about an hour, but don't see myself coming back to it soon. There's just not enough substance to really pull me in and make me want to play "just one more time."

My top score was 198,000 and change, at level 7.