IGNORED

A Newbies Journey with the TIPI

Omega-TI

Okay, when I have a few minutes 'here and there' I like to mess around...

In the new documentation for the TIPICFG program, Matt has a link under "URI3="

I figured, might at well try it as my "URI1"

Can't do a directory using DM2K though.. it was worth a shot... just for the heck if it.

4A DOS gives you a little bit more, but nothing usable.

post-35324-0-08516300-1524361226.jpg

post-35324-0-09034500-1524361636.jpg

Hey guys, here's a little hack I came up with for you guys wanting to load the 9640 Menu System on your TIPI's using the FinalGROM99.

1) Create a directory on your RPi's SD card for TIPI called "BOOT"

Put all the files in the BOOT folder there.

2) Now put the files in the FG99 ROOT folder in the ROOT directory of your FG99

3) Go to TI BASIC, CALL TIPI and then set your DSK3 as BOOT

Now whenever you load up your FG99, you have a selection to instantly load up the 9640 Menu System.

9640 MENU from FG99 for TIPI.zip

• Like 1

The goal and purpose of the URI1-3 things is so that programmers who want to fetch data off a long link, can set a large redundant part of the link into the URI mapping, and then fetch subsequent data or program files from it.

There is no support for parsing apache style directory listings from a web server.

Glad to see you playing at the edges though! icon_smile.gif Good stuff.

---

I imagine programs to set URI shortcuts, not just manual user usage. So after running some online adventure game, URI3 might have been remapped on you.

It also serves as an integration compatibility bit... as many programs on the 4A pretend we don't have a case-sensative filesystem and force UPPERCASE only path entry. The web is highly case-sensative for the 'path' part of a URL. So all that can be mapped into URI1, and then you can get a legacy program to open the file with URI1.DATA or whatever...

-M@

• Like 2

I've not had time to play with TiPi yet, but is 9640 menu for F18A consoles only (80 column)?

Hey guys, here's a little hack I came up with for you guys wanting to load the 9640 Menu System on your TIPI's using the FinalGROM99.

1) Create a directory on your RPi's SD card for TIPI called "BOOT"

Put all the files in the BOOT folder there.

2) Now put the files in the FG99 ROOT folder in the ROOT directory of your FG99

3) Go to TI BASIC, CALL TIPI and then set your DSK3 as BOOT

Now whenever you load up your FG99, you have a selection to instantly load up the 9640 Menu System.

I've not had time to play with TiPi yet, but is 9640 menu for F18A consoles only (80 column)?

Yes, the 9640 Menu System is only 80 column... BUT there is a great program called BOOT that works very much like it for users still using the original 9918 VDP.

Note: Unless you have a 'Real Time Clock' in your P-Box. you'll not see the clock display, but other than that, this is what it looks like.

post-35324-0-10874000-1524597936.jpg

• Like 1

OK. Cool.... I remember your post about BOOT in another thread I think. I hope to get some free time this evening to try it out. Thanks!

Edit: The post I misremembered was for 9640 Menu system. I'm looking for BOOT now.

Yes, the 9640 Menu System is only 80 column... BUT there is a great program called BOOT that works very much like it for users still using the original 9918 VDP.

Note: Unless you have a 'Real Time Clock' in your P-Box. you'll not see the clock display, but other than that, this is what it looks like.

Edited by ndp630

OK. Cool.... I remember your post about BOOT in another thread I think. I hope to get some free time this evening to try it out. Thanks!

Edit: The post I misremembered was for 9640 Menu system. I'm looking for BOOT now.

using boot to make things easier, auto loads in xb and then i get a menu that will load both xb programs and ea5 images

• Like 1

I haven't gotten to sit down at the TI yet, but I see 2 files listed at BOOT and BOOU in the zip. Should there be a loader for XB too?

using boot to make things easier, auto loads in xb and then i get a menu that will load both xb programs and ea5 images

The old X10 Home Automation stuff is rather out-of-date, and now days almost everything is WiFi.

I'm thinking TIPI is WiFi via the RPI and using the TI as the control interface...

... It even has the time and date that could be used for on/off times...

... pondering potential uses and justifications ...

The old X10 Home Automation stuff is rather out-of-date, and now days almost everything is WiFi.

I'm thinking TIPI is WiFi via the RPI and using the TI as the control interface...

... It even has the time and date that could be used for on/off times...

... pondering potential uses and justifications ...

Since my home-grown HA system is drivable via http, Ive been wanting to create a simple control program. I can control the whole house from BASIC by just making http requests, so a user-friendly program will be easy. Ill probably give it a go after I get Chess done.

Edited by ElectricLab
  • Like 1

4A/DOS -- Essentially a TIPI/RPi Operating System

For those who have not tried it with their TIPI's yet... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

A) Download the ZIP

B) Extract CHARA1 and put it on your DSK1.

C) If you also use an F18A, extract AUTO-BAT and also install it on your DSK1.

On your FinalGROM put the 4ados.BIN file in the ROOT directory. If using a FlashROM 99, just put it in with everything else.

If more than a couple of people are interested in a video, let me know and I'll try to make one, otherwise this will be it.

The attachment contains the documentaion and cover, the .BIN image for the FR99 or FG99, the CHARA1 character set and a batch file tailored for TIPI and F18A users.

4A-DOS For TIPI.zip

• Like 3

I’d appreciate a video.

4A/DOS -- Essentially a TIPI/RPi Operating System

For those who have not tried it with their TIPI's yet... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

A) Download the ZIP

B) Extract CHARA1 and put it on your DSK1.

C) If you also use an F18A, extract AUTO-BAT and also install it on your DSK1.

On your FinalGROM put the 4ados.BIN file in the ROOT directory. If using a FlashROM 99, just put it in with everything else.

If more than a couple of people are interested in a video, let me know and I'll try to make one, otherwise this will be it.

The attachment contains the documentaion and cover, the .BIN image for the FR99 or FG99, the CHARA1 character set and a batch file tailored for TIPI and F18A users.

• Like 2

Now that I've "settled in" with the TIPI, I've noticed my computing habits are changing. Before TIPI, I would not turn on my TI every day, but now since it's always "ready to go", I started switching it on first thing in the morning (while the PC was booting) and checked the BBS, Chatti messages and even the chess game in progress. Now I find myself not even bothering with the PC, I go straight for the TI!

It makes me wonder how long it will be before I can start logging into AtariAge with my TI! I know it's possible, with the TIPI. Maybe it'll be like using the cellphone method but sans the graphics? I get the feeling that some day in the future I'll FINALLY be able to do all things TI related with my TI.

I’m looking forward to receiving a TIPI shortly, but I would think now, with this device, it should be possible to make a Twitter client that runs on the TI. It probably can’t do anything with the graphics people post, but it should be able to easily consume the text and manage the Twitter feed. That’s a project I’d like to see if I can take a swing at, at least.

• Like 3

Im looking forward to receiving a TIPI shortly, but I would think now, with this device, it should be possible to make a Twitter client that runs on the TI. It probably cant do anything with the graphics people post, but it should be able to easily consume the text and manage the Twitter feed. Thats a project Id like to see if I can take a swing at, at least.

Yes you most certainly could! I developed CHATTI and would be happy to share what Ive done. A twitter client would be a bit different but some concepts would be similar :)

• Like 3

While playing around with BA-WRITER on TIPI today, I found that you can "PRINT" to a file, for instance if do a PF and then give it a device name of TIPI.WRITER.TEST you can then download the file to your PC using the HTML utility on your browser. You can then open it with Notepad, although the formatting may be a little 'funky'. The same should work even with BASIC programs. Give it a shot.

• Like 1