IGNORED

AtGames 2018 speculation thread

Since I see Sega style gamepads with the Legends system, will it include Sega controller ports? It's impossible to tell with the top-down view of the system on the front of box.

While I rather like the AtGames Atari sticks, this is always a concern with these plug and plays. If the included controllers are lackluster and you can't switch to something higher quality, it amounts to a useless system no matter how well done it otherwise may be.

Consistently including controller ports for original controllers is one of the best aspects of AtGames plug and plays, and i hope that tradition continues with something like this even though it's not explicitly tied to a particular legacy system.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Since I see Sega style gamepads with the Legends system, will it include Sega controller ports? It's impossible to tell with the top-down view of the system on the front of box.

My money is on USB ports like the 2016 Retro-bit Generations (same ctrl design 6 button genny style).

Wonder if they are interchangeable.....

Interesting that Capcom licensed the games, either AtGames managed to get the exclusivity out of Retro-bit hands for 2018 or there was never "exclusivity" and so really anyone can do the same thing (once proven it has a decent market .... the 2017 Retro-bit Super RetroCade still sells at the original price point, unheard of for these kind of devices from third parties).

If AtGames does not screws up emulation (sound and all) and hasn't settled for the bottom of the barrel AllWinner ARM SoC H3/H5/whatnot maybe I'll get one (that would be the 3rd device of this kind for me in 3 years ... wife starts getting annoyed)

Has it been mentioned if there will be Gold or Activision Gold bundles this year? It's been mentioned that there probably won't be a deluxe version with paddles, which if true is disappointing. (Not a fan of having to buy accessories separately, especially when said accessory is absolutely necessary to playing some of the included games)

Has it been mentioned if there will be Gold or Activision Gold bundles this year? It's been mentioned that there probably won't be a deluxe version with paddles, which if true is disappointing. (Not a fan of having to buy accessories separately, especially when said accessory is absolutely necessary to playing some of the included games)

There will be a standard 9 and a 9 Gold. I'm not sure of retailer bundles yet.

• Like 1

Since Thomas and I own the copyright to the software/code, and First Star Software owns the IP for the game, and I most certainly haven't been approached about this... I am pretty sure that Boulder Dash does not appear on this product. If it does, that would be a very interesting development.

First Star doesn't own Boulderdash. It was recently sold to a German company.

http://www.bbg-entertainment.com/

For those interested, Walmart.com has all of the Blast!'s now up for pre-order for $19.99 each: https://bit.ly/2NJ62qE

Keep in mind beyond the products already revealed, there WILL be additional product announcements in the next month or so, so patience is definitely a virtue here.

• Like 1

For those interested, Walmart.com has all of the Blast!'s now up for pre-order for $19.99 each: https://bit.ly/2NJ62qE

Keep in mind beyond the products already revealed, there WILL be additional product announcements in the next month or so, so patience is definitely a virtue here.

Can you say if those additional products will be Atari or just other brands?

Geez, I'm already intrigued by the Legends Flashback (arcade rarities! SD slot! Atari/Sega joystick ports!), the Atari Flashback 9 Gold (SD slot! Better emulation! Space Raid!), and the hinted-at, but possibly cancelled/postponed Sega HD unit (better emulation! better UI!) Could be a rough season for my wallet if even more goodies are ahead.

• Like 3

For convenience, I've posted the official game lists for every AtGames product announced thus far (all the Blast!'s, the Legends Flashback console, and the Atari Flashback 9) on Armchair Arcade: https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/

Reviews (not from me, of course) should be hitting soon. Lots of those are going to be video reviews.

• Like 3

Thanks for putting those up. Definitely the Atari paddle unit looks really cool as it has the Jakks Pacific vibe to it.

For convenience, I've posted the official game lists for every AtGames product announced thus far (all the Blast!'s, the Legends Flashback console, and the Atari Flashback 9) on Armchair Arcade: https://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/

Reviews (not from me, of course) should be hitting soon. Lots of those are going to be video reviews.