IGNORED

AtGames 2018 speculation thread

It's probably going to be the same deal as the Blast! stuff, which was October 1, but didn't really become available until mid-month. I'll see if there's a way to get a better date.

Thanks Bill!

What of their Portable, then how about official game lists for both it, the Flashback 9 Gold with Paddle availability, release dates and cost?

Bill,

just wanted to make sure i understand the stance here from atgames in an official manner, does this mean they are ok with people documenting findings and sharing custom made firmwares? I just want to make sure as I am sure many people have interest in this but want to make sure that ATGAMES would be completely ok with this and is this something that they feel ok with the atari flashback and other items such as the arcade flashback legends and such.

thanks.

The 9 is 110 games and the 9 Gold is 130 games (the Portable, 80). We'll release the official list at some point soon.

ifzjaX0.png

Hi Bill, when I asked the other day, you clarified that Flashback 9 Gold will have 130 games. The artwork in your article and text says 120. Which is it?

Bill,

just wanted to make sure i understand the stance here from atgames in an official manner, does this mean they are ok with people documenting findings and sharing custom made firmwares? I just want to make sure as I am sure many people have interest in this but want to make sure that ATGAMES would be completely ok with this and is this something that they feel ok with the atari flashback and other items such as the arcade flashback legends and such.

thanks.

Yes, 100% fine with it.

• Like 3

Last year's wireless joysticks are not compatible. Wireless is also only possible on the Gold, not on the standard 9 (Boom) that comes with wired controllers.

I asked about paddle availability and the possibility of a bundled versions anywhere. I'll let you know what I hear back.

• Like 2

Yes, 100% fine with it.

Bill, just had to register to say thank you!

I have done homebrew stuff for the 2017 sega flashback and I find this news exciting!

I just received an arcade flashback in the mail that i bought and will be attempting to do custom firmware for it.

I will open a thread in this section and keep everyone posted.

Thank you again.

• Like 5

BTW, has the Sega Genesis Flashback portable been killed off? I know that Sega has now asserted control over the Genesis mini, but was just wondering if the portable has gotten the axe or not. If yes, that is a (bit of) a shame as that product had a lot of potential, as does the Atari portable if/when AtGames can improve upon that product some more.

I'd get out the game list that you published for the regular edition and compare the two for my own curiosity to see how they compare, but it seems pointless when there's a SD slot there. :)

I do see the M-Network Data East ports and Pitfall 2 here, which were expected. I'd be particularly happy to see Bump 'n' Jump had the SD slot not been present. Has long been one of my favorite arcade ports on the 2600.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 4

I'd get out the game list that you published for the regular edition and compare the two for my own curiosity to see how they compare, but it seems pointless when there's a SD slot there. :)

I do see the M-Network Data East ports and Pitfall 2 here, which were expected. I'd be particularly happy to see Bump 'n' Jump had the SD slot not been present. Has long been one of my favorite arcade ports on the 2600.

Yeah, that M-Network port of Data East's Bump 'n' Jump (USA) is going by its Japanese name, Burnin' Rubber, on the Atari Flashback 9 Gold for some unknown reason!