IGNORED

AtGames 2018 speculation thread

Very interesting product! Pretty sure it's not aimed at those of us who already have Namco, Capcom, and Data East collections for their sixth generation consoles, but it seems like it could be a real winner for someone looking for an all-in-one introduction to retrogaming. As such, I hope it's a big success!

(Still hoping for a a more fully arcade-focused product myself someday, but hey, this is a step in the right direction!)

I'll be buying the Legends for my brother as he'll just love the easy plug and play retro games. He always complains about how "messy" playing retro games can be. At my house my son has to program his robot correctly to walk next to the TV before he's allowed to swap out SD cards in order play retropie from his raspberry pi robot!

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

Looks good. Any idea if these Blasts will be hackable to say add Kaboom or Solar Storm? Anyway that is a nice collection. I'll get this regardless, but no ac adaptor is included oh well have get another generic usb adaptor.

There are no SD card slots for firmware updates on these, so it would take a lot of effort to hack.

The no AC adapter thing is, unfortunately, becoming industry practice. I guess it does make sense for dongle-based products like this, though, because the assumption is you'd just use a USB port on your TV (a USB cable is included) or plug it into some other convenient USB power brick (I know I have tons going unused).

Very interesting product! Pretty sure it's not aimed at those of us who already have Namco, Capcom, and Data East collections for their sixth generation consoles, but it seems like it could be a real winner for someone looking for an all-in-one introduction to retrogaming. As such, I hope it's a big success!

(Still hoping for a a more fully arcade-focused product myself someday, but hey, this is a step in the right direction!)

The reality is, none of these products are really aimed at us. It's hoped of course that some of these will catch the interest of a core retro gamer here or there, but that's not the main goal. These are targeted to a broader, more casual audience who can appreciate the products for what they are rather than be focused on the differences from the original hardware.

• Like 3

I was

The reality is, none of these products are really aimed at us. It's hoped of course that some of these will catch the interest of a core retro gamer here or there, but that's not the main goal. These are targeted to a broader, more casual audience who can appreciate the products for what they are rather than be focused on the differences from the original hardware.

It occurred to me while looking at them they are like a (very) light version of the good-to-go raspberry pie setups being sold on eBay for $170. They're only meant to replicate they raspberry pi experience in a sort of introductory fashion.

Here's the game list for the Legends Flashback..

1. 1942

2. Act-Fancer Cybernetick Hyper Weapon

3. Astro Fantasia

4. Bad Dudes vs. Dragon-ninja

5. Break Thru

6. BurgerTime

7. Burnin’ Rubber

8. Champions World Class Soccer

9. Cluster Buster

10. Commando

11. Crude Buster

12. Darwin 4078

13. Dig Dug

14. Disco No.1

15. Edward Randy, The Cliffhanger

16. Express Raider

17. Fighting Ice Hockey

18. Forgotten Worlds

19. Galaga

20. Ghouls ‘n Ghosts

21. Heavy Barrel

22. Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja

23. Joe & Mac Returns

24. Judge Dredd

25. Lock ‘n Chase

26. Mappy

27. Mega Man

28. Mega Man 2

29. Meikyu Hunter G

30. Phelious

31. Pirate Ship Higemaru

32. Pro Tennis

33. Pro Bowling

34. Rally-X

35. Rootin’ Tootin’

36. Scrum Try

37. Secret Agent/Sly Spy

38. Side Pocket

39. Shoot Out

40. Side Arms Hyper Dyne

41. Sky Kid

42. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition

43. Strider

44. Super Burger Time

45. Super Doubles Tennis

46. Super Pool III

47. Super Real Darwin

48. Terranean

49. Tetris

50. Tournament Pro Golf

The games in Red are the titles I'm interested in (and no, I didn't forget to highlight street fighter. I don't like most fighting games.)

Well Damn. They fixed the two biggest issues with plug n play systems being that used composite and that the system was wired to the TV. Being HDMI and wireless and also being the same price point as other plug n play systems, I can definitely see this selling very well. I'm definitely excited for the Bandai Namco Flashback Blast.

Will there be a Activision edition of the Flashback 9. So, far I've seen a regular edition and a gold edition but wasn't sure about any others.

Take a look at the Game List of the Flashback 9. It has almost all of the Activision goodies.. Pitfall, H.E.R.O., River Raid, Decathlon, Keystone Kapers, Megamania, Kaboom!

https://www.atgames.us/collections/our-2018-collection/products/atari-flashback-9 and click the Game List

Edited by thetick1