IGNORED

AtGames 2018 speculation thread

Internal politics and licensing and perceived missed opportunities. For those of you who don't know, most corporations behave like a psychotic when confronted with making some profit now, or a tiny little bit more later on. They'll latch on to the here and now and not give a care to the future. Even if it means producing a superior product that would gain a wider audience.

So they produce an inferior product now instead of a superior product a tad bit later. Rush rush rush..

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

Yes, supposedly they dissolved their classic game licensing division, so there's no way to gain access to that stuff anymore.

That's a drag ... I wonder if that was part of turning off their "On The House" program in Origin? They used to give away old games for free on there, it was a neat way to lure people into using their store. At least most of their PC games are available from GOG if anyone cares. They go on sale a lot.

They made buttloads of console and Amiga games. There are fewer EA games on 3DO than I expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Electronic_Arts_games

• Like 1

ugh, on walmart my preorder for Atari Flashback Classics on Switch is saying "pick up in store Jan 3 (will ship Dec 31)". Hope that is some sort of error. Gamestop still says Nov 9. I guess I can order from them tomorrow if Walmart keeps pulling these shinanigans. They did that with my Arcade1up cabs, and like a sucker I went back for more punishment.

Yes, supposedly they dissolved their classic game licensing division, so there's no way to gain access to that stuff anymore.

That blows! Imagine a EA Genesis mini edition. That would be awesome. But, good 'ole EA... What a bunch of wankers!

Wankers indeed, but an EA C64 mini 1980's edition is actually what I was thinking of!

Hey Bill,

Is there going to be an Atari Flashback 9 Gold Deluxe Edition with Paddle Controllers like in previous years from 2012-2017?!

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Like 2

ugh, on walmart my preorder for Atari Flashback Classics on Switch is saying "pick up in store Jan 3 (will ship Dec 31)". Hope that is some sort of error. Gamestop still says Nov 9. I guess I can order from them tomorrow if Walmart keeps pulling these shinanigans. They did that with my Arcade1up cabs, and like a sucker I went back for more punishment.

GameStop no longer has a release date. Also I can't find it in the eShop so I'm guessing the release has been pulled or delayed. All Switch games are required to have a digital release along side a physical release, so it looks like it's not happening today.

GameStop no longer has a release date. Also I can't find it in the eShop so I'm guessing the release has been pulled or delayed. All Switch games are required to have a digital release along side a physical release, so it looks like it's not happening today.

I wouldn't say that just yet. Gamestop's preorder page for the game says it ships today. The eShop doesn't update at midnight, it updates at noon Eastern Standard Time. I'll be checking this page later today. https://www.nintendo.com/games/nintendo-switch-new-releases

I wouldn't say that just yet. Gamestop's preorder page for the game says it ships today. The eShop doesn't update at midnight, it updates at noon Eastern Standard Time. I'll be checking this page later today. https://www.nintendo.com/games/nintendo-switch-new-releases

Well, it's not in today's eShop update. Though YouTube is there, as well as the much-hated Urban Champion (arcade version) and Saboteur (grody-looking ZX Spectrum game).

Now if you add the Atari game to your Gamestop cart, it shows

Atari Flashback Classics Switch - Nintendo Switch

• Pre-order Ships 11/26/2018
  • Not available for in-store pick-up
  • Ship to Address

Someone on YouTube was commenting on a video of the 2017 genesis flashback. They said theirs was different than the one in the video. Said it has a cosmetic volume slider, has joe and mac on it and the games play really well. It caught my attention because it sounds like the 2018 atgames one that was being produced. They said they live in Australia and got it at EB games. I found the link. https://ebgames.com.au/loot-246052-Sega-Mega-Drive-Flashback-Classic-2018-HD-Game-Console-Loot Is the atgames 2018 version being sold in Australia?