IGNORED

AtGames 2018 speculation thread

I asked again on the Atgames facebook page about paddles and got a simple "Nothing yet" No explanation as to why the paddles are such a secret subject that warrant generic non-replies. I wonder if there are technical problems with getting these specialized paddles working on the 9

201811 193841

Target is stocked with ATGames products for Black Friday but no paddles to be found...
  • Like 2

Target is stocked with ATGames products for Black Friday but no paddles to be found...

They may be stocking for Black Friday, but their ad doesn't show the Flashback 9 Gold as being on sale. Looks like $80 is the cheapest so far without going online.

And no Atari Flashback Portable with its 80 games for 2018, WTF?!

Edited by TrekkiELO

Target is selling this. Looks like the 2018 model of the atgames genesis flashback. Has the volume slider, Micro usb power adapter, at games logo moved to corner of console and leess obvious, second controller is different from first, probably has the updated emulator, etc. Not sure if it has the SD slot or not.

https://www.target.com/p/sega-genesis-flashback-console/-/A-53728833

Edited by beetch18
  • Like 1

I don't agree with the decision either, but it is a way to get the product price down. Although I don't agree with the lack of an adapter (and of course AtGames is not the only one to do this these days), I must admit that I have a whole collection of unused USB power dongles, so it's not like I really NEED it to be included. I do prefer products that have everything needed right in the box, whether it's power adapters or HDMI cables (another thing I have plenty of extras of admittedly).

• Like 3

Went to hook it up and sure enough, no adapter. Not a big problem, but sort of annoying for someone that actually doesn't have USB ports on their HDTV.

Will be something I'll keep my eyes out for my next tv, since so many of my HD systems can just use USB power sources. Will simplify things if my tv can power a good chunk of what's connected to it.

Edited by Atariboy

The regular Atari Flashback 9 is $30 around here at Family Dollar. Was considering skipping it this year since I've already gotten several plug and plays, but I picked one up.

I plan to pick up sega FB and atari FB 9 as they are $30 each. Only good until end of Nov 25th as both consoles go up to the $40 price on Nov 26th

So what does everyone think of their flashback 9's? It's been quiet lately and was wondering if the ROM compatibility is better than the portable?

I really enjoy it. I appreciate the added functionality of save states, use of Stella, and SD card. I also like the smaller packaging of the "Boom!" edition (Much more easily displayable and no more empty space in the box).

I really enjoy it. I appreciate the added functionality of save states, use of Stella, and SD card. I also like the smaller packaging of the "Boom!" edition (Much more easily displayable and no more empty space in the box).

I've never heard of the Boom! edition. What is it? Does it affect the 9 and 9 Gold?

Just got the FB9 Gold and did the SD card firmware upgrade. This thing plays all the games that I had on my SD card with the exception of DK VCS, although I will probably get an older version to work. Can anyone tell me how to change the aspect ratio from the default 4:3 to the 16:9 that I believe the FB8 Gold played out of the box?

PS: For those curious, it played the following games right away:

Berzerk with voice

Galaxian

Defender 2

Ikari Warriors

Juno 1st

PacMan 8K

Robot Tank

I've got more to test, but so far it's exceeded my expectations! :grin:

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 4