IGNORED

AtGames 2018 speculation thread

• 4 weeks later...

Faulty fire button on my Atari Flashback 9 player #1 stick. Too bad it's necessary for certain functionality. Good reason to have physical buttons on the system itself as a backup or to fully enable the use of alternate controllers.

At least it's still playable. But until I'm able to rectify it, I'll annoyingly have to cycle the power just to switch games, which is the main issue.

Edited by Atariboy

Good reason to have physical buttons on the system itself as a backup or to fully enable the use of alternate controllers.

At least it's still playable. But until I'm able to rectify it, I'll annoyingly have to cycle the power just to switch games, which is the main issue.

You could add the required direction combinations to generate those special button presses by modifying a joystick, or adding a pass-through with buttons wired for the combinations.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/287000-flashback-9-special-buttons/

(I am waiting on parts to do a modification on an existing joystick.)

Also, the P2 wireless controller can be made into a P1 version (or vice versa) with a little effort.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/286601-atari-flashback-9-gold-wireless-joystick-disassembly/