IGNORED

FS: YAMAHA MU15 MIDI Module, SONY PRS-300 eReader, Palm Android Phone, PC Games

DNA128k

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this still available? "RGB / Composite EXP Port Video Adapter - $15 ($10 if added to a console bundle)"

I'd be interested in this if it's solid because it would be better than using the direct to pins cable I have been using as I have the original white PC Engine and does this adapter have a proper amp on the audio output or is it just a simple passthrough? 

Just now, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Is this still available? "RGB / Composite EXP Port Video Adapter - $15 ($10 if added to a console bundle)"

I'd be interested in this if it's solid because it would be better than using the direct to pins cable I have been using as I have the original white PC Engine and does this adapter have a proper amp on the audio output or is it just a simple passthrough? 

It is available, but I'm not sure about the audio amp.  It always sounded good to me; I can take a better pic of the board for you tomorrow if you'd like.

9 minutes ago, DNA128k said:

It is available, but I'm not sure about the audio amp.  It always sounded good to me; I can take a better pic of the board for you tomorrow if you'd like.

I'm asking cause the audio output from the direct-pin cable I use the sound is super quiet and I have to pump up the gain on my AV receiver when ever I play unlike the RF output which sound is at a normal volume.

18 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I'm asking cause the audio output from the direct-pin cable I use the sound is super quiet and I have to pump up the gain on my AV receiver when ever I play unlike the RF output which sound is at a normal volume.

I definitely never had any issues like that, sound was normal level with the adapter.

39 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Sound like it has an audio output amp then? Also my PC Engine's audio is a bit noisy... is this normal?

I would assume so; I haven't plugged in the adapter in awhile but I don't recall any audio level issues — and I'm an audio snob so I think I would remember if I had to blast the volume.  I think most 8-bit consoles are pretty noisy, but without hearing yours it would be hard to say!  I'm happy to make a deal if you're looking for another ?

2 minutes ago, DNA128k said:

I would assume so; I haven't plugged in the adapter in awhile but I don't recall any audio level issues — and I'm an audio snob so I think I would remember if I had to blast the volume.  I think most 8-bit consoles are pretty noisy, but without hearing yours it would be hard to say!  I'm happy to make a deal if you're looking for another ?

I'll take the adapter then... PM incoming...

My RGB/AV adapter arrived today! The sound does appear to be cleaner but I still need to turn it up to -8 dB on my receiver to get my PC-E to a good volume. There's still a bit of noise in the sound but it reduced the noise pretty good! also the 60 cycle hum is gone which is good.

50 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

My RGB/AV adapter arrived today! The sound does appear to be cleaner but I still need to turn it up to -8 dB on my receiver to get my PC-E to a good volume. There's still a bit of noise in the sound but it reduced the noise pretty good! also the 60 cycle hum is gone which is good.

Very happy to hear it arrived safely and worked out for you!

• 2 months later...