IGNORED

Endless Snow Homebrew Issue

matthew954

I just received my copy of Endless Snow from an Ebay seller. I've tried to play it on my 7800, and the game won't play in my console. The console doesn't even power up. But the moment the game is removed, the console powers right up. I've tried both 2600 and 7800 carts and they start up just fine. But this homebrew doesn't. Endless Snow is using an Activision cart.

Here's the actual post:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Homebrew-Endless-Snow/252939980317

Well, I'm just glad I got it working on atleast one of my machines lol. I just didn't know if I got a bad cart, or there was an issue with my 7800. I wasn't too sure if the seller was the original designer here at AA. I guess now I know. I don't think I may be buying any more carts from him.

mine works on the 7800 I have.

It doesn't surprise me since a lot 7800's have all sorts of odd issues . The game might work on a different 7800 .

I hadn't opened 7800 up to see any board revision or anything , it DOESN'T have the expansion port on the side or anything. any post listing the differnt revisions of the 7800 ?

I just received my copy of Endless Snow from an Ebay seller. I've tried to play it on my 7800, and the game won't play in my console. The console doesn't even power up. But the moment the game is removed, the console powers right up. I've tried both 2600 and 7800 carts and they start up just fine. But this homebrew doesn't. Endless Snow is using an Activision cart.

Here's the actual post:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Homebrew-Endless-Snow/252939980317

I am sorry you are having this experience, remember you can always get an exchange and IF that does not solve the issue than it is a system issue, my Sean Kelly Cart don't play well on my 7800 and some 2600s.

Endless Snow, Checked Inn and Pigs in the castle were all International sellers and did well, contact the person who sold you the repo directly, ill reach out as well!!!!

Thanks. It's just odd that the 7800 just doesn't respond at all. But so long as it plays in one of my machines I'm happy. At first I thought the 7800 died on me since I just had it opened up to do a composite AV upgrade to it, I'm still building up my soldering skills lol. It definitely is an interesting game for sure lol. Easy to pick up, yet pretty challenging. Unfortunately with work, I haven't had a great opportunity to play it that much yet. But I've just finished a UGC game case cover for it.

Yeah, the 7800 can be a major pain at times. Various 2600 compatibility issues abound depending upon which specific 7800 version you have. A week before the release of Draconian and Super Cobra Arcade we discovered they wouldn't run on some 7800 systems. Thankfully we were able to get that resolved, else they wouldn't have been released at PRGE.

Thanks. It's just odd that the 7800 just doesn't respond at all. But so long as it plays in one of my machines I'm happy. At first I thought the 7800 died on me since I just had it opened up to do a composite AV upgrade to it, I'm still building up my soldering skills lol. It definitely is an interesting game for sure lol. Easy to pick up, yet pretty challenging. Unfortunately with work, I haven't had a great opportunity to play it that much yet. But I've just finished a UGC game case cover for it.

My 7800 don't play Pink Panther go figure!!!

• 3 months later...

Not trying to necrobump or anything. Some 7800s don't play nice with certain games. It have nothing to do with build quality, Hozer, AtariAge, what have you. My own 7800 doesn't play nice with AA's own Reindeer Rescue. I have not tried my copy of Endless Snow (original production run) on it.