IGNORED

Today was a good day :)

Iwantgames:)

Thinking about a M3SE, I like that it also adds vga and joystick ports

Sounds good! I recently picked up one for my Model 4. I have a FreHD too and it works great, but the M3SE just has more features.

Make sure you email him when you want to buy and you can get it cheaper than from eBay.

Sounds good! I recently picked up one for my Model 4. I have a FreHD too and it works great, but the M3SE just has more features.

Make sure you email him when you want to buy and you can get it cheaper than from eBay.

Will do that :) gotta figure out the keyboard first tho. The M,N,L and O keys have a tendency to enter random characters and its a pain typing anything lol but its getting there

May or may not be dirty keys. If you decide to clean them, remove the keyboard, unsolder the keys, disassemble them and clean the insides with a pencil erasure. You can also adjust the spring tension for better sensitivity. Real easy to ohm them out and they don't have to be anywhere near zero ohms when pressed, but if reading in K ohms they need cleaning.

DO NOT just pop a key cap and try to spray any type of contact cleaner in there. If it's an early production model, it might work but if it's a later model, you'll destroy the carbon pads and have to cover them with foil dots or get new keys.

Good to hear you got it 100% functional.

Not sure why dirty keys would do that tho. Example, pressing L will sometimes give an L put sometimes a D, ENTER, BREAK, F, or other letter

There are 4 solder points on each key and circuits daisy chain in many different directions through the keys. Remove one key and a section of the keyboard will die. Enough conductive filth under that little plunger and weird things may happen.

Good to hear you got it 100% functional.

There are 4 solder points on each key and circuits daisy chain in many different directions through the keys. Remove one key and a section of the keyboard will die. Enough conductive filth under that little plunger and weird things may happen.

Mines actually a older model iii with only 2 solder points instead of 4 but yea after taking it apart and looking at it I see that the keys are all on the same lines as other keys.

Mines actually a older model iii with only 2 solder points instead of 4 but yea after taking it apart and looking at it I see that the keys are all on the same lines as other keys.

I've been trying to figure out the 2 vs 4 pin key switches. I had my original Model III since new and it is a very early production unit bought in mid 1980.

I also picked up a spare a few years ago that was manufactured Dec. 22 1982. It had to be one of the last shipments as the Model 4 was released a few months later in April.

Both the use 4 pin keys, although the newer unit does not feel as nice as the older one. I had bought a pack of new replacement keys off eBay and was disappointed when they turned out to be two pin.

Did you notice any date stamps on your Model III or whether the keyboard was made by Alps?

Keyboard is Alps yes. Serial number is just over 0004926. It was serviced at a RadioShack on 4/16/86 (my brothers 1st bday lol) as it has a service sticker attached inside. I believe the service was to install a new psu as it has 2 different model psus (along with a crazy looking homemade one I removed lol)

Happy to see the "green screen" overlay was somewhat common back then? I though of removing mine, but never did. Thought the glue/tape would strip the grey paint.

Would love to see the guy bring in his TRS80 to have his monitor replaced with a green screen only to see this.

Happy to see the "green screen" overlay was somewhat common back then? I though of removing mine, but never did. Thought the glue/tape would strip the grey paint.

Would love to see the guy bring in his TRS80 to have his monitor replaced with a green screen only to see this.

I removed mine as the paint on the system was bad anyway. Repainted and then reglued it back on. To be honest if I didnt know it was a overlay Id swear it was a real real green screen. It really looks so much better with it on there :)