IGNORED

Are the storage devices on your TI and PC a complete mess?

Omega-TI

When it comes to my storage devices...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. For my TI...

• All my diskettes and emulated drives are organized.
    • All my hard drives or emulated mass storage drives are well organized.
    • All my diskettes and emulated drives are a complte mess.
    • All my mass storage devices, real or emulated are a complete and utter mess.
    • Even my FR99 and/or FG99 are very well organized.
    • Even my FG99 and/or FG99 is a complete and utter mess of stuff.
    • I'm such a slob I'm really ashamed to take this poll.
    • Other
  2. 2. On my PC...

• All the mass storage is very neat and well organized.
    • All the mass storage is such a mess I have no clue what I have.
    • I'm living in denial and don't want to answer.
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This poll is ANONYMOUS to protect the pride of the guilty! ;)

You know how it can be, you've been collecting software, PDF's and text files for years along with assorted videos and other stuff. You may also have have a dozen projects "in the works", so you keep dumping stuff on your TI's diskettes, emulated storage device and your PC as well. So this begs the question, are you organized, or are your systems a complete and utter mess?

This poll is designed to see if, "you're not alone", or if you are a "minority slob". Please answer truthfully, because no one will know who you are!

as far as my disks and cart images/etc, the stuff means too much to me on a personal basis that it stays more organized than a good number of other things. ;)

I'm pretty orderly when it comes to my hobbies I think. now if i could exhibit the same level of care for the space in front of my desktop Windows PC, lol

• Like 1

For the most part I have everything grouped and moderately ordered. Some systems better than others. Each has it's own area. Like any project's real physical work area I have some scrap catch-all directories and work areas that accumulate "stuff".

So if I want to play Atari stuff I work in this folder. If I want to play TI stuff I work in that folder.

It's an organic organization. Something that grows with time and branches out. Occasionally a branch dies off and gets consolidated into the greater trunk. Or think of it as a mind-map with funky intertwining patterns that only mean something to me.

• Like 1

If I don't stay organized, there is simply too much data to get out of hand. If that were to happen, I'm not sure I'd be able to organize again.

It helps having multiple PCs that I re-image or rebuild regularly. So, keeping data separate and organized makes that much easier.

On the TI side, now that I pretty much have all the floppies I'm going to have, it's easy to organize once and never have to worry about it again.