IGNORED

Help with a 410 Program Recorder

Krytol

Just received a 410 Program Recorder and hooked it up to my 800XL. Did a seemingly successful CSAVE on a brand new cassette. Two beeps, tones, etc. Now nothing moves. It won't load. If I hit rewind or advance, I hear a very faint *whirr* inside, but nothing turns. Is this a capacitor thing? Belts?

Just wondering if there is something I'm missing before I open it up or return it.

Most likely the belt broke. 30 YO rubber belt will tend to be dried out, maybe a bit sticky so when it's started up for the first time in maybe decades, might work for half a minute then just fall apart.

You'd need to search the forum but supposedly there are stocks of replacements that can be gotten for most models.

If you have one of those car cassette adaptors with the aux plug then you could use an MP3 player to play audio recordings of Atari tapes to load games.

Edited by Rybags

Most likely the belt broke. 30 YO rubber belt will tend to be dried out, maybe a bit sticky so when it's started up for the first time in maybe decades, might work for half a minute then just fall apart.

You'd need to search the forum but supposedly there are stocks of replacements that can be gotten for most models.

If you have one of those car cassette adaptors with the aux plug then you could use an MP3 player to play audio recordings of Atari tapes to load games.

I saw earlier this year that someone was selling belt sets. I'll look it up. Thanks.