IGNORED

Got a Sio2sd on Craigslist today!

Zap!

Being off today, I was browsing Craigslist and found a Sio2sd for sale! He originally was asking $99, but he settled for $80. Talk about crazy good luck, I was just about to order one this week! Anyway, here it is, along with the original ad. He had other Atari stuff for sale as well, such as an 800XL, modem, and some joysticks. He included an SD card full of goodies as well. Can't wait to enjoy this!

https://cnj.craigslist.org/ele/d/sio2sd-for-atari-xe-xlwith-sd/6487828927.html

post-12488-0-31551400-1523232926_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

not a bad deal, what's the bare board going for something like 50 bucks + postage from poland + buy a case + sd card, I find them a bit hard to use at first but once you get the knack of it, its pretty simple and IMO indispensable

I was looking at my ultimate cart yesterday thinking "do I really need this?" cause the SIO2 devices and having most the carts converted to xex pretty much cover it

• Like 1

I was looking at my ultimate cart yesterday thinking "do I really need this?" cause the SIO2 devices and having most the carts converted to xex pretty much cover it

I honestly thought that I would only use my SIO2SD as a backup option for the very few ATR only things that my Ultimate Cart cannot load. I was surprised, however, to find myself using it every bit as much as the Ultimate. I think that this is because I grew up using a 1050 floppy drive with my XL and the SIO2SD does the best job of emulating that experience. It's possible that it has to do with nothing more than those "beeps" when the file loads but the SIO2SD just feels right. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Ultimate Cart but now I am really glad that I decided to purchase both SD options.

• Like 1

not a bad deal, what's the bare board going for something like 50 bucks + postage from poland + buy a case + sd card, I find them a bit hard to use at first but once you get the knack of it, its pretty simple and IMO indispensable

Well I was going to buy a cased one. With shipping it comes to $119.71, so I saved about $40, not to mention about three weeks since it was coming from Poland. :) So far I found it pretty easy after the videos I watched. Still can't figure out how to copy some of my old Atari files that I have on on floppy direct to SD, but I haven't fully looked into it yet.

If you decide to sell, I'll buy. :)

Being off today, I was browsing Craigslist and found a Sio2sd for sale! He originally was asking $99, but he settled for $80. Talk about crazy good luck, I was just about to order one this week! Anyway, here it is, along with the original ad. He had other Atari stuff for sale as well, such as an 800XL, modem, and some joysticks. He included an SD card full of goodies as well. Can't wait to enjoy this!

https://cnj.craigslist.org/ele/d/sio2sd-for-atari-xe-xlwith-sd/6487828927.html

I was looking through FB Marketplace and found the 800XL that this guy has for sale. Then I followed the breadcrumb trail that he had left scattered and ended up watching a 16 minute YouTube video that he had made detailing his life, philosophies, and dating website that he had created. Did he seem like a lunatic in real life? Cause he comes off that way on the internet. I might actually be a little weary about meeting up with him in person.