IGNORED

Need New Joysticks

agb

Here you go https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATARI-FLASHBACK-3-CLASSIC-GAME-CONSOLE-w-JOYSTICKS-POWER-CHORD-ADAPTERS/162939398368?hash=item25eff1e8e0:g:QhoAAOSw5i5apCrE

Edit: I just realized that one was untested(which means it should have not been in the "used" category) so here is a tested flashback 2 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Flashback-2-Console-Tested/312021245477?epid=110682048&hash=item48a5ea5e25:g:9e4AAOSwB4BaLBtX

Edited by SignGuy81

A lot of times you get what you pay for . So don't go to cheap . Get a cx-40 gold kit from Best Electronics . He does have a 20 dollar minimum so you could find something else to buy on his site I'm sure . You can buy just the boards for around 9 dollars but he might have a 2 minimum quantity .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX-JOYSTICK-CONTROLLER-PAD-FOR-THE-ATARI-2600-SYSTEM-JOY-STICK/191943049406?hash=item2cb0b280be:g:5vUAAOSwZVlXq14S

these kick ass with a tight clicky feel, and are fairly cheap, brand new, I have used and sent many of them out with systems

why spend 20 bucks + postage on refurbed snake oil from an asshat running a website designed by the autistic version of the joker and have to call or email your CC number for some doof to write it down and throw it in the bin so it can be stolen and blah blah blah, its fkin 2018

• Like 2

I have made one purchase with the above mentioned(best) and probably last I ever do. I felt like the guy on the end got rude with me when I asked for a confirmation number over the phone after giving him my information he actually told me on the phone he didn't have time for that that I would have to email them for a confirmation number. Never will I deal with them again.

EDIT:

The stuff did come in the mail as supposed to but still how much trouble would it have been to give me some kind of reference number or something to the purchase.

Edited by SignGuy81

Where is the best place to get reliable inexpensive joysticks. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something similar to the original joysticks.

Thank you.

Make your own from a arcade joystick, an arcade button and an extension controller cable. You can make a solid box for housing out of MDF boards.

• Like 3

why spend 20 bucks + postage on refurbed snake oil from an asshat running a website designed by the autistic version of the joker and have to call or email your CC number for some doof to write it down and throw it in the bin so it can be stolen and blah blah blah, its fkin 2018

Ordered 2 times at Best, had only mail communication, but he was very kind and helpful, trying to find the best solution for cheaper overseas shipping and customs.

The cx40 gold kits are wonderful, somewhere between the originals cx40 and some microswitch stick, but without that horribly annoying kliketisound :grin:

Ordered 2 times at Best, had only mail communication, but he was very kind and helpful, trying to find the best solution for cheaper overseas shipping and customs.

The cx40 gold kits are wonderful, somewhere between the originals cx40 and some microswitch stick, but without that horribly annoying kliketisound :grin:

Same here. I totally agree :)

I haven't been on AA in a while, as life's been in the way, and it hasn't been the most pleasant of times.

Your post really gave me a much-needed laugh! That is a completely hilarious description of the scenario, alright. Bravo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't like Best where would you go for a good quality 2600 joystick?

You would still go to Best, you would just hate yourself. Honestly the Best rebuild kits are better than the reproductions I have purchased. As for his website being behind the times...so what? We are playing a game system from 1977!

• Like 3

Ordered the flashback 2. Received it yesterday. Two new joysticks and another system for a little over $20. Not bad. Thanks for the advise

The flashback stick ain't all what they're cracked up to be. They ain't real CX-40's they are a fragile 2 piece design that is too loose and not meant for extended gameplay

• Like 1

This!

I can't understand how anyone can play a satisfying game of H.E.R.O. with these sticks. They...are...way...too...loose.

Hence why I build my OWN CX-40's from NOS Atari parts with exception of the PCB's. all other parts including the top and bottom base are new

This!

I can't understand how anyone can play a satisfying game of H.E.R.O. with these sticks. They...are...way...too...loose.

And ANOTHER drawback to the Flashback joystick 2 piece design is if you start to play even a tiny bit rough with it the handle part will snap off rendering the stick useless