IGNORED

3-in-1 Football (Lance Haffner) Does it Exist?

4 minutes ago, brenski said:

@MrFish sorry to hear that.

fingers crossed (for you) that life takes a better turn very soon

Thanks, it actually has taken some positive turns, just in the last few weeks; but those turns will necessarily be eating up a lot of time as well.

--------------------------

Hopefully something positive can come by contacting Lance through Facebook or his phone. I'd really like to see the Atari version come to light, if it still exists.

To the greatest degree most people are honest about life and health issues... luckily modern medicine is light years better in the cancer/immune/organ departments... think about it, some of us shouldn't be here, but thank God we are!!  I am not saying we are going to live seemingly forever like Ruth Ginsberg but it's nice to know our friends can last years longer or even beat these maladies. It may not be the life you had, but it is life none the less.

These breakthroughs have been in the last decade give or take and it's absolutely great. I don't begrudge anyone who thought that was it... and then they make it twice as long as expected or even get better!

So if you are not well, it's up to you if you're going to let anyone know. I personally think if you do, the good thoughts and, yes, even prayers/meditations of friends can help. Better yet, sometimes there is help for your condition in another state that can help you... clinical or experimental things you wouldn't know about or be told had no one knew you were sick. Keep that in mind. I now know a whole community of what some call survivors. The hospital sends postcards every 5 years or so to get everyone together that beat the odds... I think partly so they can show/advertise what the panel/surgeons/endocrinologists/oncologists can accomplish. They've found food as well as body chemistry / hormones the whole shooting match can be even more useful than ever thought.

I hope all is well and if it isn't serious that's cool, but if it is, it never hurts to let people know. Most can't help, but it only takes 1 who can!

• Like 1

To the greatest degree most people are honest about life and health issues... luckily modern medicine is light years better in the cancer/immune/organ departments... think about it, some of us shouldn't be here, but thank God we are!!  I am not saying we are going to live seemingly forever like Ruth Ginsberg but it's nice to know our friends can last years longer or even beat these maladies. It may not be the life you had, but it is life none the less.

These breakthroughs have been in the last decade give or take and it's absolutely great. I don't begrudge anyone who thought that was it... and then they make it twice as long as expected or even get better!

So if you are not well, it's up to you if you're going to let anyone know. I personally think if you do, the good thoughts and, yes, even prayers/meditations of friends can help. Better yet, sometimes there is help for your condition in another state that can help you... clinical or experimental things you wouldn't know about or be told had no one knew you were sick. Keep that in mind. I now know a whole community of what some call survivors. The hospital sends postcards every 5 years or so to get everyone together that beat the odds... I think partly so they can show/advertise what the panel/surgeons/endocrinologists/oncologists can accomplish. They've found food as well as body chemistry / hormones the whole shooting match can be even more useful than ever thought.

I hope all is well and if it isn't serious that's cool, but if it is, it never hurts to let people know. Most can't help, but it only takes 1 who can!

Thanks for the concern Doc; I appreciate you posting; I always hope and pray the best for everyone on here that expresses some pressing health concern too; but you've got it all wrong. My time isn't being eaten up due to any medical issues, but rather a personal life situation, which I prefer not to discuss in detail on public forums.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brennan Foley said:

He appears to be on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/lance.haffner.7

I sent him a friend request and a private message.    I will post if i get anything back.   is last public post was 2015.  I hope he is alive and well, and still using facebook.

Hope everything is OK.  This place is just a hobby - take care of personal and family issues before all else!  We'll save you a seat at the bar until you make it back [emoji4]

Thanks... I'll be here from time to time.

--------------------------

Not to detail the thread anymore; back to 3 in 1 football...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I’m not sure if anybody is looking for this still, but I found a copy at Good Will yesterday and brought it home with me! It has 3-4 floppy disks in it and 3 booklet along with another folded piece of paper, probably a publisher’s upcoming games. 

The front of the box says IBM 3.5 on it, but the back makes it appear to be cross platform with Atari and Apple II as well. I’m hoping to be able to pull the data from the disks, but haven’t had the chance to try yet. I don’t have any compatible machines, so hopefully my floppy reader will be able to read the disks. If this is still rare and hard to find, I would love to 1) upload it for the masses and 2) sell it to a collector that would appreciate it more than myself. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, zaratari said:

Hi everyone, I’m not sure if anybody is looking for this still, but I found a copy at Good Will yesterday and brought it home with me! It has 3-4 floppy disks in it and 3 booklet along with another folded piece of paper, probably a publisher’s upcoming games. 

The front of the box says IBM 3.5 on it, but the back makes it appear to be cross platform with Atari and Apple II as well. I’m hoping to be able to pull the data from the disks, but haven’t had the chance to try yet. I don’t have any compatible machines, so hopefully my floppy reader will be able to read the disks. If this is still rare and hard to find, I would love to 1) upload it for the masses and 2) sell it to a collector that would appreciate it more than myself. 

Sorry to respond directly after my own post, but I was able to determine that this is a DOS version of the game. I'd still be happy to upload it if anybody would be interested!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found this ad in Computer Gaming World - Issue #33 (Dec. '86) -- which is the same month and date as the ad from PC Magazine -- that mentions the Atari 800/800XL/130XE version too (very bottom of the ad).

634003474_lfadcg.thumb.png.058a289c99fda9245116a693289dde0b.png

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2020 at 9:06 AM, zaratari said:

Sorry to respond directly after my own post, but I was able to determine that this is a DOS version of the game. I'd still be happy to upload it if anybody would be interested!

I'd be interested in a copy of the DOS version too.

Edited by MrFish

On 9/18/2019 at 8:45 PM, scotty said:

I sent him a friend request and a private message.    I will post if i get anything back.   is last public post was 2015.  I hope he is alive and well, and still using facebook.

Yeah, it still shows his last activity as being in 2015. Did you ever get any kind of response?

So, I was able to find the remnants of the website for Lance Haffner Games. It currently just displays a logo and a short blurb about the simulations. But, utilizing the WayBack machine, I was able to get some old pages to pop up.

Pages with anything more than the current site are from 2011 and backwards. There are a few free files there (teams disks and updates), some of which are still downloadable and some not.

WayBack Machine: Lance Haffner Games

There was an email address on his site, which I've sent a message to already. If I don't get any response there, then I'll try to contact him by phone, seeing that someone else was already able to do it recently (I'd forgotten that happened, as I was extremely busy before when the post about it was first made).

• Like 1

Don't think anything after version 4 will work for us... I believe support was dropped for a lot of systems at that point.... probably database changes and what not.

I think it's at a point where we would do like was started or mocked up, converting all the different ports to one great Atari port with the display as was fleshed out in this or the other thread.

okay, just took walk on the wayback machine, looks like the database and updates happened more than I blubbered on about, it's saying v 6.0 is the cut off for some other updates and their disks...

knowing support having been dropped years earlier for many platforms that means most of the corrected updated material wouldn't have worked twice over for our ancient and might we emphasize missing port.

Edited by _The Doctor__

2 hours ago, brenski said:

I don't think there's an image of that anywhere.

---------------------------------------------

I just purchased this today. I don't have any ST equipment, but it doesn't matter; I just want to have the instruction manual. I'll make a copy and post it as soon as it arrives and I have a chance to scan it.

3 in 1 Football (Atari ST)

• Like 1