IGNORED

Atari Matterhorn NIB for sell

Atari8bitCarts

I saw the listing last night. Very nice indeed. I was a bit confused though as to why a CIB collector would sell their only boxed copy. But I guess with that Buy it Now price, its more of a feeler for the market value then an actual sale.

Look, I let your last rant via PM go. I'm not selling you any carts, go the fuck away.

I have no clue why.

What I posted here in his thread was positive.

The buy it now price was like $5,555.55

(clearly a feeler auction)

I didnt derail his thread. He did that to himself.

He brought up my private rant with him via PM with him (a complete exaggeration btw) but was private nonetheless, right?

Him & I got off on the wrong foot. And I chose to let it go. Apparently he didnt.

Why is it anybodies business, why or for how much anyone sells something? Maybe he just busted both his front teeth out and has crap dental insurance? Maybe a bird crapped in his eye and he needs laser surgery.

When will people learn that high BIN's make you guaranteed to go to one end of the spectrum?

• Like 1

What's up with immediate hostility ??????

Yes, I did over react, but this person contacted me to sell them cartridges and all they do is try to bait you. They did it to me on a PM. Just totally shitty.

I PM'd to them "Good Luck, and I wasn't interested", and then it started. So then I didn't respond back on the PM as to avoid more the same.

Then this gets posted.

In the south, they call that throwing shade. When a person states a compliment, then trash talks you.

"I saw the listing last night. Very nice indeed. (<-compliment) I was a bit confused though as to why a CIB collector would sell their only boxed copy.(<-a dig) But I guess with that Buy it Now price, its more of a feeler for the market value then an actual sale. (<-another dig) "

Oh my God, your reading way too much into this! Dont overthink it. There was no digging involved whatsoever in my words. It was just that, a compliment, followed by a pensive question that I answered myself.

If anything, it was meant as an olive branch. Thats all.

Why is it anybodies business, why or for how much anyone sells something? Maybe he just busted both his front teeth out and has crap dental insurance? Maybe a bird crapped in his eye and he needs laser surgery.

When will people learn that high BIN's make you guaranteed to go to one end of the spectrum?

I often agree with you CPUWIZ so I usually skip making posts and just read on...

Collecting is a hobby for some, a business for others, and sometimes both; so it's natural for any of them to wonder why a rare item is available when it could affect the value of their own collection/inventory, especially if there was more of them found. That isn't the case here since he states in his auction "the ONLY boxed MATTERHORN Atari computer cartridge in the world". This is an open forum and if someone considers it their business they have a right to ask why, just like you have the right to ask why it is their business.

I hope he and his family are well and none of the possible reasons you guessed are correct.

Very good observation on the high BINs, it also gets you the cash you need on short notice if you get the right impulse shopper.

I don't know what would get me to ever part with one if I had it, but we can guess all day as to his reason/s for selling it, and if he had wished to say 'why' he would have.

Just commenting on his post should give the auction more exposure. Good luck with your sale; this comment will bump the topic back to the top again so I hope it helps.

My bias is... I'd love to have the complete in box Matterhorn cartridge in my collection; I have the only other surviving A8 Matterhorn manual that I am aware of so far.

Edited by Defender II

I don't mind if someone asks me why. That wasn't the case.

Actually, I love this stuff as you are aware but haven't had time to spend on it at all :(

I have 3 kids in college, my parents are in need of assistance (Dementia), and just generally getting old :)

I have thought about selling the entire collection to someone that can do it some justice. But that could be a hard pill to swallow for someone.

Piecing it out, I really don't want to do.

But I believe it to be the largest....

oh and the BIN was just me using my favorite number '5', 5555.55.

Thats a very healthy price I would say.

It was the first CIB Matterhorn made available on the open market so nobody really knew what it was worth or what it might fetch. Its always dependent on how many collectors want it, and how much they are willing to pay for it.

Thats a very healthy price I would say.

It was the first CIB Matterhorn made available on the open market so nobody really knew what it was worth or what it might fetch. Its always dependent on how many collectors want it, and how much they are willing to pay for it.

nice explanation.

If this was 2007-2010, my guess it would have gone for $6000+. (the heyday)