IGNORED

Printing from a TIPI-TI to a modern printer via WiFi...

Omega-TI

Looks like extra linefeeds and some dropped characters at the start of each line?

yeah the script that translates complained about unprintable characters i'm thinking that since its a lx80 translator it may need some tweeking..also the picasso publisher may be adding CR's which is causing the line jumps

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I would love to see this as well. I'm not a big Linux guru, but definitely not afraid of trying. If anyone has a prototype/starting point to share, maybe we could setup a github repo to build from it until we get it working? I would try to contribute to it, though my skills are primarily Java, JavaScript, tiny bit of python for a robot prototype, arduino, vb and C#.Net (from like 7 years ago).

Edited by jonecool
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

So this was discussed before. 

The open source software I use for the PDF generation is from a for profit product, and I would not feel right about stepping into that direct to printer space. His product connects a PI via centronics cable to your retro PC/home computer, and sends it to the network or USB attached printer. 

I also don't want to encourage printing to paper. Even though I don't like reading PDFs. 

retroprinter.com <- check it out

• Like 2

What's wrong with a good old dot matrix printer directly connected to the parallel port? 😁 Mine has been in service since the mid-90's and still going strong (Panasonic KX-P 1123). But since most of us no longer do any serious coding directly on the TI with the advent of the TIPI and wireless access to its folders, I have found PI.PIO to be adequate for most applications. I do still think however that nothing beats a program listing on fanfold paper for editing and debugging!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

COULD there be a way to send incoming text to a network printer?  Like, I have a LaserJet 4050 on the network which accepts a slew of network protocols to print.  Also, my more modern M253 color laser.

Also, I'm sure with your skills if you used this thing called 'google.com' you could get there from here... CUPS, lp, inotifywait