IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

I now have a temp monitoring script running so i can keep an eye on Pi's temp in degrees F:

#! /bin/bash

printf "%-15s%5s\n" "TIMESTAMP" "TEMP(F)"
printf "%20s\n" "------------------"

while true
do
	tempC=$(sudo vcgencmd measure_temp | egrep -o '[0-9]*\.[0-9]*')
	tempF=$(echo "scale=2; 1.8 *$tempC + 32" | bc)	
	timestamp=$(date +'%s')
	printf "%-15s%5s\n" "$timestamp" "$tempF"
	sleep 1
done

To use this you will need to run:

sudo apt-get install bc

first to install bc.

When run, you be asked to enter your tipi users password and it will display a timestamp and current temp in degrees F.

This is saved as /usr/bin/tempmon so that it can be run simply by entering tempmon at the prompt.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, mizapf said:

For the recent Raspi generation, heat sinks are recommended. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJQ2X8Y/

Be sure to update the bootloader on the Pi 4. There are fixes for power and heat management on both the SoC and the USB 3 controller. Get package rpi-eeprom, then run sudo rpi-eeprom-update.

https://www.geeks3d.com/20191101/raspberry-pi-4-new-firmware-reduces-power-consumption-and-boards-temperatures/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, InfiniteTape said:

Be sure to update the bootloader on the Pi 4. There are fixes for power and heat management on both the SoC and the USB 3 controller. Get package rpi-eeprom, then run sudo rpi-eeprom-update.

https://www.geeks3d.com/20191101/raspberry-pi-4-new-firmware-reduces-power-consumption-and-boards-temperatures/

The latest raspian buster image I based the TIPI image on, will do this for you on boot.  

-M@

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Thanks to Greg, I was able to successfully set up my newly-received tipi-peb.  The 'first' thing I wanted to test was the Horizon CFG tipi detection code ;)   (And of course, I loaded the program from the TIPI hehe)

image.png.c28f1a5da68d97c613c799c8d910cf97.png

That looks like it has no idea, so it falls back on listing the first DSR device name.

-M@

3 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

That looks like it has no idea, so it falls back on listing the first DSR device name.

-M@

Not 100% sure what you mean by 'falls back on listing the first DSR device name'.  The CFG program looks for specific (and where possible, unique) device names/subprograms associated with various peripheral cards then based on what it finds, displays a simple description.     Any device name displayed here is purely coincidental.  I added TIPI detection to the program back in 2017 with the hope of a TIPI PEB card some day.  That day finally arrived.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Not 100% sure what you mean by 'falls back on listing the first DSR device name'.  The CFG program looks for specific (and where possible, unique) device names/subprograms associated with various peripheral cards then based on what it finds, displays a simple description.     Any device name displayed here is purely coincidental.  I added TIPI detection to the program back in 2017 with the hope of a TIPI PEB card some day.  That day finally arrived.

Oh, I had no idea. Assumed you were just testing old software.

-M@

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey again...this is a little off-topic, but, I tried to run Stuart's webbrowser program and got this:

2019-12-15 22:36:20,030 TipiService : INFO     TIPI Ready
2019-12-15 22:36:46,212 TipiDisk    : INFO     Opcode 5 LOAD - TIPI.NET.INTERNET
2019-12-15 22:36:46,213 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Load, fileType: Sequential, mode: Update, dataType: Display, recordType: Fixed, recordLength: 0, recordNumber: 8198
2019-12-15 22:36:46,218 ti_files.ProgramImageFile: ERROR    Error reading file /home/tipi/tipi_disk/NET/INTERNET
2019-12-15 22:36:46,219 TipiDisk    : ERROR    responding with error: 7
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/TipiDisk.py", line 288, in handleLoad
    prog_file = ProgramImageFile.load(unix_name)
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/ti_files/ProgramImageFile.py", line 25, in load
    raise Exception("Invalid Program Image")
Exception: Invalid Program Image
2019-12-15 22:36:46,223 TipiDisk    : ERROR    failed to load file - TIPI.NET.INTERNET
2019-12-15 22:36:46,225 TipiService : INFO     Request completed.
2019-12-15 22:36:47,269 TipiService : INFO     TIPI Ready

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Did I install it wrong?

Jt

Hey again...this is a little off-topic, but, I tried to run Stuart's webbrowser program and got this:

2019-12-15 22:36:20,030 TipiService : INFO     TIPI Ready
2019-12-15 22:36:46,212 TipiDisk    : INFO     Opcode 5 LOAD - TIPI.NET.INTERNET
2019-12-15 22:36:46,213 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Load, fileType: Sequential, mode: Update, dataType: Display, recordType: Fixed, recordLength: 0, recordNumber: 8198
2019-12-15 22:36:46,218 ti_files.ProgramImageFile: ERROR    Error reading file /home/tipi/tipi_disk/NET/INTERNET
2019-12-15 22:36:46,219 TipiDisk    : ERROR    responding with error: 7
2019-12-15 22:36:46,223 TipiDisk    : ERROR    failed to load file - TIPI.NET.INTERNET
2019-12-15 22:36:46,225 TipiService : INFO     Request completed.
2019-12-15 22:36:47,269 TipiService : INFO     TIPI Ready

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Did I install it wrong?

Jt
In dm2k what is the file type

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

On 12/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, jedimatt42 said:

-M@

So...it IS possible to have a Disk system AND the TIPI running at the same time! ?  Cool..

I have a "side-car" disk-controller, and, would like to run it WITH TIPI HOOKED UP TOO.  Is that possible?

Jt

I've poked around a bit on the TIPI wiki and this forum and haven't been able to find a way to stop TIPI from intercepting DSK4.  Is there a configuration switch I need to set somewhere?  Thanks
Nope it will always grab it so I'd move the cru up past disk systems if you want them to be first

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I've poked around a bit on the TIPI wiki and this forum and haven't been able to find a way to stop TIPI from intercepting DSK4.  Is there a configuration switch I need to set somewhere?  Thanks

I'd need to update the PI software to allow it to be unmapped.