IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

23 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

Look up wpa_supplicant, Raspberry PI, boot

Now that I'm not on a commuter train:  https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/headless.md

I've added this link to the tipi-installation and tipipeb-installation pages on the tipi wiki.

This is the best technique to use if anything about your wifi is more complicated than an SSID and pre-shared-key/password

-M@

Thanks, that worked perfect!    Was just going about it the wrong way.  Now I'm in business.

Just an observation, but my TIPI PI image seems to swap the "@" and the double quote from the keyboard (not running headless), and non of my other Raspbian or other Linux images seem to do this.  Could my copy of the image be set up for a foreign keyboard somehow or is this particular to the TIPI image?   Made for an interesting VI session. 

Thanks again for the help, can't wait to get a TIPI. 

JP

--

43 minutes ago, J-Data said:

Thanks, that worked perfect!    Was just going about it the wrong way.  Now I'm in business.

Just an observation, but my TIPI PI image seems to swap the "@" and the double quote from the keyboard (not running headless), and non of my other Raspbian or other Linux images seem to do this.  Could my copy of the image be set up for a foreign keyboard somehow or is this particular to the TIPI image?   Made for an interesting VI session. 

Thanks again for the help, can't wait to get a TIPI. 

JP

--

I don't know, nothing I did on purpose. I've never hooked a keyboard and monitor up. 

-M@

51 minutes ago, J-Data said:

The keyboard layout for Raspbian defaults to UK style and locale.  Run raspi-config to change the localization settings.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PeteE said:

The keyboard layout for Raspbian defaults to UK style and locale.  Run raspi-config to change the localization settings.

Ah... I run localization settings when building sd card images... I must have missed one. I'll try and fix that in the next sd-card image release.  Meanwhile, since you are hooking a keyboard and monitor to your PI, you get to google stuff. And on my end I'm working to uplevel more of the raspi-config settings to the PI.CONFIG file so things that impact the usage from a 4A can be tuned. 

-M@

• Like 2

Yup, the PI was just defaulted to the UK keyboard layout.  It was easy to fix. I'm blow away by all the capabilities the TIPI has, and really appreciate all the help.  Who'd image all these capabilities would be developed 39 years later.  So glad I pull my old set-up out of storage. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, --- Ω --- said:

Speaking of updates, has anyone else had any issues communicating with the TIPI via the browser since the updates?  I can load and save via Classic 99.  I can communicate via TI99Dir.  I can also communicate as a network drive, but every time I try to use the browser it just hangs. 

I've tried using: http://192.168.0.35:9900/files  (I've confirmed that is the proper IP#)

I've also tried using: tipi:9900/files

Never mind:  Everything is working fine again after the latest update...

Newest.JPG.9db56f3bf37d03bb8b188f9d91991ebc.JPG

• Like 1

I noticed today when attempting to make a quick edit of a program to change the printer output to "PI.PIO", that the TIPI BASIC editor will not work with larger Extended BASIC programs.  Large programs are assigned an internal/variable 254 designation.   Is there anyway the TIPI software could be modified to recognize this and treat it like a standard Extended BASIC program for editing purposes?

GRAPHIC.thumb.JPG.642dc032283637255b32cb8a90b308d6.JPG

321671966_SCREENSHOT.thumb.jpg.c9ed21beb040d34e2c8b0baaa2374526.jpg

Too bad this program is not a cartridge BIN or compatible with the SAMS card.

Filesystem Listing.pdf XB - Filesystem.zip

4 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

I noticed today when attempting to make a quick edit of a program to change the printer output to "PI.PIO", that the TIPI BASIC editor will not work with larger Extended BASIC programs.  Large programs are assigned an internal/variable 254 designation.   Is there anyway the TIPI software could be modified to recognize this and treat it like a standard Extended BASIC program for editing purposes?

GRAPHIC.thumb.JPG.642dc032283637255b32cb8a90b308d6.JPG

321671966_SCREENSHOT.thumb.jpg.c9ed21beb040d34e2c8b0baaa2374526.jpg

Too bad this program is not a cartridge BIN or compatible with the SAMS card.

Filesystem Listing.pdf 1.55 MB · 4 downloads XB - Filesystem.zip 6.25 kB · 3 downloads

Yep, it totally could if I write more software. I overlooked int/var254 basic for loading D/V80 files ending in /BAS also.

-M@

• Thanks 1

The past few days I have been experiencing "random" shutdowns of my RPI3, resulting in a locked TI.  I connected a monitor to the RPI and tonight finally caught the RPi in the act of shutting down. It seems Edge is again randomly refreshing tabs and in the process, refreshed the TIPI web admin tab (where I had shut down TIPI a few days ago) leading to the mysterious shutdowns. Sharing in case there are others who leave multiple browser tabs open for future use.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, InsaneMultitasker said:

The past few days I have been experiencing "random" shutdowns of my RPI3, resulting in a locked TI.  I connected a monitor to the RPI and tonight finally caught the RPi in the act of shutting down. It seems Edge is again randomly refreshing tabs and in the process, refreshed the TIPI web admin tab (where I had shut down TIPI a few days ago) leading to the mysterious shutdowns. Sharing in case there are others who leave multiple browser tabs open for future use.

I've done what with chrome on my phone, where opening the browser reloads the last page I was on... :(  With a little effort, the web-ui could protect against this.

-M@

• Like 1

Update 1.48 - 2020-02-05 

INT/VAR 254 - long format basic editing in TIPI web-ui.  

All this BASIC editing is delegating to xbas99.py from Ralph, for the ascii vs bytecode conversion. 

It now respects the original file format for re-encoding. If it was a PROGRAM image, it'll still be a PROGRAM image after editing. If it was an INT/VAR 254, then it will remain in 'long format'.  

It is possible to start with a PROGRAM file, add a ton of code, and end up with something that won't load in XB...

later I'll add an option to force saving to long format. 

-- 

ArcadeShopper reported a bug earlier last month that the web-ui BASIC editor made an unloadable file. This was a small file that was pasted in, in chunks that ended up with an error... but I'm not sure how to deal with that... in TI BASIC you can enter `10 FRED` and it is totally happy to save it... in xbas99.py it'll encode it, and decode it again, just fine... you can load it BASIC... You can load XB programs full of symbols TI BASIC doesn't know, and they just list poorly, and fail to execute... XB's are all extensible... I don't think it is possible to determine if bad input is given, except the one thing I've seen xbas99.py detect, which is a line without a line-number at the beginning. In that case, it omits the line from the encoded file... so still shouldn't result in an unloadable file... More will have to be learned...

if anyone uses this feature and has problems, I'd like to know.

-M@

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Would you consider adding to the web-interface, the option of performing a tipi update?

This way i could update without needing to power on my TI setup.

You could just sell the 4A and use classic99... 

There are technical reasons not to do it. Mostly I don't trust most of the TIPI users to not complain that their 4A locks up while the TIPI update is running.

-M@

1 minute ago, arcadeshopper said:

You are in the TIPI support topic please keep the conversation to TIPI support

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Sheesh, and here I was even mentioning the JediMatt42 32K card and posting an old advertisement that shows that old stuff was more expensive (especially adjusting for inflation) that the one YOU SELL.  You know, as a way to 'support the TIPI'.  But I got it, I'll no longer post in this thread as to not offend your laser-like topic sensibilities.  I'll even be sure to click the ignore button as a reminder as I've been getting forgetful over the past couple of years. 

Sheesh, and here I was even mentioning the JediMatt42 32K card and posting an old advertisement that shows that old stuff was more expensive (especially adjusting for inflation) that the one YOU SELL.  You know, as a way to 'support the TIPI'.  But I got it, I'll no longer post in this thread as to not offend your laser-like topic sensibilities.  I'll even be sure to click the ignore button as a reminder as I've been getting forgetful over the past couple of years. 
If you want to support the tipi why don't you make something for it or do something with it and tell us about it another topic instead of posting things that are irrelevant in the support topic.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk