IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

I hope that I can help answer.

You can drop suitable TI files into a shared folder.

Use the TIPI web interface:  http://tipi:9900/files  to upload a whole disk.

Upload the disk image and a new folder will be created. 

Note: The folder name will reflect the actual TI disk image name not pc name.  (This one threw me the first time I used it.)

I hope this helps?

6 minutes ago, dgrissom said:

I hope that I can help answer.

You can drop suitable TI files into a shared folder.

Use the TIPI web interface:  http://tipi:9900/files  to upload a whole disk.

Upload the disk image and a new folder will be created. 

Note: The folder name will reflect the actual TI disk image name not pc name.  (This one threw me the first time I used it.)

I hope this helps?

Yup I know that part, but I noted that TIPI does not automatically create a new folder when you drop a disk image inside a sub-directory. For example, say I have a sub-directory call MYPROG. If I navigate to MYPROG and drop a disk image call TEST.DSK, TIPI will not automatically create a folder called TEST inside the MYPROG directory. This only seems to work when the disk image is dropped in the main TIPI directory, unless I am doing something wrong.

Yup I know that part, but I noted that TIPI does not automatically create a new folder when you drop a disk image inside a sub-directory. For example, say I have a sub-directory call MYPROG. If I navigate to MYPROG and drop a disk image call TEST.DSK, TIPI will not automatically create a folder called TEST inside the MYPROG directory. This only seems to work when the disk image is dropped in the main TIPI directory, unless I am doing something wrong.
It should.. Perhaps something is up with that image does it unpack in the root?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

@Vorticon I just tested with the CF2K_V25.dsk in my TIPI uploaded under the sub-folder DISKS and it worked as expected, created the folder inside.

There have been some disk formats that won't convert to sector dumps correctly. I recently improved that greatly.. but it wasn't exhaustive. However, it wouldn't matter where you tried, those formats wouldn't unpack anywhere.  If it turns out to be the disk image, I welcome a PM with it so I can use it to test and improve the feature. 

Also, if the folder for the volume name already exists, there is a mechanism to roll the name until it finds one that is available...  

If there are errors during the unpacking process, they end up in the /var/log/daemon.log

5 hours ago, Vorticon said:

I stand corrected.  I believe that this is the first time I dropped a "dsk" into a TIPI folder.  I tried both the root and sub folders and in both cases, TIPI auto created the matching folder. 

That was slicker and faster than the upload through web interface or other tools.  I've been doing it the hard way.  Thanks for educating me on this.    ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vorticon said:

I went ahead and rebooted the TIPI and lo and behold it now worked. Go figure...

I wonder if I should just power down my TIPI when not in active use..

I leave mine on forever.. there is likely something very specific causing the issue... 

There is a tipimon.service that watches the file system and snatches up disk images to do the conversion. It also creates a cache of all the TI meta-data so the browser interface isn't super slow reading the TIFILES header of every file it lists... 

It uses an 'inotify' mechanism to create listeners on all the directories it finds. 

While I leave mine on forever, I always seem to be restarting the services due to testing upgrade or something similar.... This tipimon is the only stateful, long lived service. Maybe I should consider giving it a reset-expiration... make it like windows... so you reproduce the problem reliably for hours pulling your hair out, and then it just starts working correctly, and you the operator have done nothing... 

• Like 2

I've been having some flaky issues with RXB not dropping into an XB program from Force Command on the first attempt, so I decided to do some testing with TI Extended BASIC, but a ran into a little issue...

The version I downloaded from the repository is 100 as you can see here...

VERSION.thumb.PNG.d56e3afc19a00dfc4947ade66de334dc.PNG

... my problem is, the chart does not have the correct XBADDR as you can see from the table...

table.thumb.JPG.ce8a37941771ad240d6005bcc63a07b9.JPG

... I tried both of the listed ones, neither works.  

Does someone have the correct XBADDR or a version of TI Extended BASIC that works?  Because this one...

TI Extended BASIC.zip  does not work properly with the XB command in Force Command.

Thanks.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:35 PM, dgrissom said:

I stand corrected.  I believe that this is the first time I dropped a "dsk" into a TIPI folder.  I tried both the root and sub folders and in both cases, TIPI auto created the matching folder. 

That was slicker and faster than the upload through web interface or other tools.  I've been doing it the hard way.  Thanks for educating me on this.    ?

It is. My traditional method before TIPI was to use the HDX system, which was agonizingly slow. With TIPI, HDX is now essentially obsolete as I can't think of a single case use for it. I'm in the process of transferring all my own programs to the TIPI, and once that's done even the physical disk drives will be hardly used (except for when I am playing with the p-code card). 

Are we changing the character of the TI with all these modern extensions? I don't believe so. All we are doing is enhancing storage and access solutions, but the soul of the machine remains untouched. It's still quirky as hell :)

• Like 1

I've been having some flaky issues with RXB not dropping into an XB program from Force Command on the first attempt, so I decided to do some testing with TI Extended BASIC, but a ran into a little issue...

The version I downloaded from the repository is 100 as you can see here...
VERSION.thumb.PNG.d56e3afc19a00dfc4947ade66de334dc.PNG

... my problem is, the chart does not have the correct XBADDR as you can see from the table...
table.thumb.JPG.ce8a37941771ad240d6005bcc63a07b9.JPG
... I tried both of the listed ones, neither works.  

Does someone have the correct XBADDR or a version of TI Extended BASIC that works?  Because this one...

TI Extended BASIC.zip  does not work properly with the XB command in Force Command.

Thanks.

All the versions of xB are in the FinalGrom99 zip

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omega-TI said:

THANK YOU!   It worked!    I'm pleased!  ?

Sucks to find out most of my problems all along were the version of BASIC I was using.

I tried to "soup this up" for you yesterday! I turned the ROMs into a single file, in order to add extra pages.

It ran ok on the TI... But debugging failed, as Classic99 seemed unimpressed by my surgical techniques.

I downloaded the latest copy of Force Command. Jedimatt42 does use the same code... 

Finding an intuitive way to switch pages in XB proved to be more challenging than I expected though.

Perhaps some poking at the GPL part of XB, would reveal something more useful. But I'm a newbie there.:-D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

BTW: Force Command discussion belongs over here: 

Or in new threads...  

Sorry about that M@ it seemed to be more of an issue with BASIC and not Force Command so I didn't want to clutter your thread with something that did not seem to be a problem with your program.

I do not see RXB 2012 in the list of Address is it the same one for RXB 2015 as that should crash.

The versions of RXB Carts made over the years by several vendors are:

RXB 2001

RXB 2002

RXB 2011

RXB 2012

RXB 2015A

RXB 2015B

RXB 2015C

RXB 2015D

RXB 2015E

Not to mention all kinds or GRAM versions I have released over the years from 1992 to 2018.

I love how nobody can read.

--- Why am I a jerk about this ---

To help our future selves... Atariage provides a search facility, and if I'm looking for issues with versions of XB related to the Force Command 'XB' command, I'm going to search in the Force Command thread, and go nuts not able to find it. 

Edited by jedimatt42
Explanation of jerk-ti-tude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am having a issue using RXB 2015E + Sidecar SAMS + TIPI.

This did not start happening until i opened up my 32k and tipi case and swapped the 32k card for the sams card:

First time i try to load something from tipi in RXB, like OLD TIPI.MYSTUFF.TEST1

results in a error (i o error 3 i think? Don't remember but it does not load like it should. TEST1 is just a program image XB program.)

Trying the same command immediately again in RXB after the error, the program loads.

I can go into TI Extended Basic from a fresh boot and use the same OLD TIPI.MYSTUFF.TEST1

command, and it works fine.

Same thing for CALL TIPI: from a fresh boot of RXB, the first CALL TIPI fails.
The next CALL TIPI works.

Likewise, RUN "TIPI. (whatever) ..." fails the first time.

Second time it works.

I have console, speech, 1mb sidecar sams (arcadeshopper) + micro-usb to barrel adapter with old 32k sidecar power supply, tipi (fresh copy of latest sd image, updated to 2.6), RXB 2015E from finalgrom.

Not sure if this is a tipi issue or a RXB issue.

May be something on the TIPI side, timing on startup? TI XB may be just enough slower on the initial pull that it always works, while RXB may be just enough faster that it fails on the first try--but succeeds on subsequent attempts?

As i have not started using RXB day-in and day-out yet, just testing it out every now and then, i will stick to using TI Extended BASIC for now; But i do hope to figure out what is causing this issue.

Edited by jrhodes