IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

Buying shit from price gougers supports price gougers. 

Only buy from official vendors as listed on the raspberry pi site. Get in line. Wait your turn. 

None of us actually need this stuff right now. 

It isn't just supply vs demand. The consumer influences price when what you agree to pay increases.

If you want to talk more about PI costs I request you use a different/new thread. 

• Like 4

20 minutes of searching and how the hell do I get a TIPI manual on everything from setting up a network drive on windows or how to update TIPI DSR?

I see 50 or 60 links on people talking back and forth on issues and GITHUB is useless unless you know the PI inside out.

My network settings for TIPI to mapped to my PC Windows just does not work anymore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RXB said:

20 minutes of searching and how the hell do I get a TIPI manual on everything from setting up a network drive on windows or how to update TIPI DSR?

I see 50 or 60 links on people talking back and forth on issues and GITHUB is useless unless you know the PI inside out.

My network settings for TIPI to mapped to my PC Windows just does not work anymore.

Rich - I am a bit confused by what exactly you are having issues with.    Setting up a share on your windows pc isn’t really a TIPI related topic.  
You can use the web interface at http://tipi:9900 to upload files to the SD card once your Raspberry Pi is up and running.  Or you can use the windows explorer and go to //TIPI/ to access the shares.  

When you use call tipi, the tipicfg program will notify you if there is an update for the DSR and allows you to update it. 

EDIT: I do agree with you about the documentation.  What Matt has put together is very good and detailed, but some of the simple first step things like this are either hard to find or missing all together 

Edited by broettger
Comment on documentation
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, broettger said:

Rich - I am a bit confused by what exactly you are having issues with.    Setting up a share on your windows pc isn’t really a TIPI related topic.  
You can use the web interface at http://tipi:9900 to upload files to the SD card once your Raspberry Pi is up and running.  Or you can use the windows explorer and go to //TIPI/ to access the shares.  

When you use call tipi, the tipicfg program will notify you if there is an update for the DSR and allows you to update it. 

The PC no longer sees PI on network as the PI will not log on to the network no matter how many times I try.

I give it the SSD and password and upon reboot I get 

[FAILED] Failed to start The Apache Server.

and farther down I get:

[FAILED] Failed to start TI99/4A DSR RESET Service.

• Like 1

When I was having hardware issues with my TIPI that prevented CALL TIPI from working, I found it easiest to create or edit the wpa_supplicant file directly on the Pi.  This is the file where you specify the SSID, psk and any other options needed to connect to your WiFi.  

• Like 2

Just now, broettger said:

When I was having hardware issues with my TIPI that prevented CALL TIPI from working, I found it easiest to create or edit the wpa_supplicant file directly on the Pi.  This is the file where you specify the SSID, psk and any other options needed to connect to your WiFi.  

I am not a LINUX user so that may be the issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDMike said:

This is another reason that I back up my pi a couple times a week. I've never been able to recover files from a non bootable pi.

Oh it boots and I can see files just can not get it to get on WIFI at all!

Also I am using PI -Version: 2.17 is that old?

• Like 1

If you need to edit the WiFi settings on the pi you can use the following command after logging in. 

sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

After making your changes hit Ctrl-O to write the file, Ctrl-X to exit nano.  Then reboot the raspberry Pi. 

Edited by broettger

There's an update. You can see files? Meaning, on the TI-99? But your share isn't working?

Ok. Gotcha

Yea without network I am screwed as cannot transfer files to/from PC, cannot update PI and cannot do anything useful.

1 minute ago, broettger said:

If you need to edit the WiFi settings on the pi you can use the following command after logging in. 

After making your changes hit Ctrl-O to write the file, Ctrl-X to exit nano.  Then reboot the raspberry Pi. 

You are taking for granted I have done this like 100 times.

1 minute ago, RXB said:

Yea without network I am screwed as cannot transfer files to/from PC, cannot update PI and cannot do anything useful.

So is it that you're local router not working? I'm still not sure where the issue is, local or with the pi? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure the issue

Edited by GDMike

So is it that you're local router not working?

LOL if that was true how would I be talking to you now?

I think Greg helped me last time and we had to go into PI OS and it was a long drawn out process to get it to work and took like 4 tries.

• Like 1