IGNORED

TIPI Usage and Support

jedimatt42

29 minutes ago, mizapf said:

But please don't lock the login for us developers.

The tipi user has sudo rights. There is zero need for using the pi user except to change the default password. 

If I ever get back to the bullseye update, you will lose the 'pi' user in keeping with Raspberry PI Org changes. So build better habits now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed ..

My tipi time is incorrect, so I reimaged the pi and again, wrong time. I've been looking for a "how to" of setting my raspi- config as it's probably picked up a wrong time zone but it don't want to remove the pi from my TI PEB if possible, I noticed it after the last update, but that could just be me just now noticing because lately im not on the ti console. I'll also look at where my lan is plugged up to as I do have a standalone switch that it's possibly connected to? I just thought of that. 

Edited by GDMike

My tipi time is incorrect, so I reimaged the pi and again, wrong time. I've been looking for a "how to" of setting my raspi- config as it's probably picked up a wrong time zone but it don't want to remove the pi from my TI PEB if possible, I noticed it after the last update, but that could just be me just now noticing because lately im not on the ti console. I'll also look at where my lan is plugged up to as I do have a standalone switch that it's possibly connected to? I just thought of that. 
SSH in or use the console of the pi

sudo raspi-cfg

https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Set-Time-and-Date-in-Raspberry-Pi/

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, arcadeshopper said:

Telnet from your TI?

There really is no terminal setting for the terminal from the TI so raspi-cfg won't run

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

The ti did run the telnet app, asking for 40,80 etc.. Column node, but I'll try putty

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

output from magellen (TEST.XB) attached.. error when i try to old it 

2022-05-06 19:31:52,100 tinames.tinames: INFO     TIPI.TEST/XB -> /home/tipi/tipi_disk/TEST.XB
2022-05-06 19:31:52,101 ti_files.BasicFile: INFO     load /home/tipi/tipi_disk/TEST.XB
2022-05-06 19:31:52,101 ti_files.BasicFile: INFO     issuing command: ['python3', '/home/tipi/xdt99/xdm99.py', '-P', '/home/tipi/tipi_disk/TEST.XB', '-o', '/tmp/dv80_bas_tmp']
2022-05-06 19:31:52,294 ti_files.BasicFile: INFO     issuing command: ['python3', '/home/tipi/xdt99/xbas99.py', '-c', '-o', '/tmp/xbas_tmp', '/home/tipi/tipi_disk/TEST.XB']
2022-05-06 19:31:52,517 ti_files.BasicFile: ERROR    Error reading file /home/tipi/tipi_disk/TEST.XB
2022-05-06 19:31:52,518 TipiDisk    : ERROR    responding with error: 7
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/TipiDisk.py", line 303, in handleLoad
    prog_file = BasicFile.load(unix_name)
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/ti_files/BasicFile.py", line 30, in load
    BasicFile.toBasic(source_file_name, tmpfp)
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/ti_files/BasicFile.py", line 85, in toBasic
    raise Exception("Invalid BASIC Source")
Exception: Invalid BASIC Source
2022-05-06 19:31:52,520 TipiDisk    : ERROR    failed to load file - TIPI.TEST/XB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/TipiDisk.py", line 303, in handleLoad
    prog_file = BasicFile.load(unix_name)
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/ti_files/BasicFile.py", line 30, in load
    BasicFile.toBasic(source_file_name, tmpfp)
  File "/home/tipi/tipi/services/ti_files/BasicFile.py", line 85, in toBasic
    raise Exception("Invalid BASIC Source")

TEST.XB

if I have enough ram Left in SNP I'll add a setting for this, since Matt pointed this out it looks like I can add it as an option.

I was also going to test an idea regarding pi shutdown/startup. I was thinking I could add a photocell to act as my debounce switch-  power up from standby on PEB tipi card LED detect via photo cell and power down on peb tipi card LED loss, using the shutdown/up script on the pi and pins 5-6 on pi3 but I'll have to see what it is for pi4, I have both to test.

Edited by GDMike

5 hours ago, GDMike said:

if I have enough ram Left in SNP I'll add a setting for this, since Matt pointed this out it looks like I can add it as an option.

I was also going to test an idea regarding pi shutdown/startup. I was thinking I could add a photocell to act as my debounce switch-  power up from standby on PEB tipi card LED detect via photo cell and power down on peb tipi card LED loss, using the shutdown/up script on the pi and pins 5-6 on pi3 but I'll have to see what it is for pi4, I have both to test.

What does "this" in the first sentence refer to? And what does SNP mean?

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

it also has:

blank lines

lines out of order

so probably needs to be pasted into classic99 and resaved

I assume that was the intention. Or you can just edit the file and remove the REM statements without line numbers. Regarding the lines or of order, or duplicate line numbers, you need to adjust the option when you export to avoid those.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

What does "this" in the first sentence refer to? And what does SNP mean?

Means, don't text while sleeping...lol.

Ok, I was referring to your docs, Configuring the time outside the pi os, from the TI  and incorporating it into one of my programs, SNP.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

Hi All, finally just about ready to add the TIPI card to the Hidden Reef BBS P-Box for mass storage of the Up/Down load section. During the process of getting this change going I came across a handy little reference board for the 40 pin connector of the Raspberry PI 3B+ at >adafruit.com<. Might be a neat little item to have laying on the bench for those that do much playing around with the Rasberry.

IMG_6130.JPG

IMG_6145.JPG